Windows 10: Windows 10 Jan19th 2019 update

Discus and support Windows 10 Jan19th 2019 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My other laptop has just done what looks like a simple update. On restart I get no further than the log on screen without getting to the log in popup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnSharpe1, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Jan19th 2019 update

My other laptop has just done what looks like a simple update.

On restart I get no further than the log on screen without getting to the log in popup it crashes with blue screen making a crash report to microsoft.

It restarts does the same sequence and then went into automatic repair mode for 30 mins. It restarted and then went into the same sequence. It then went into reset mode and failed to reset in either keep personal information or wipe the complete machine. Its now going round and round advanced options or just shut down the PC.

That's going to cost me time and money.

Any ideas Microsoft ?

:)

JohnSharpe1, Jan 19, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jan 19, 2019
  3. londiste Win User
    Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

Windows 7 went out of mainstream support on Jan 15, 2015.
    Windows 8.1 went out of mainstream support on Jan 9, 2018.
    And I doubt anyone on Windows 8.1 would mind too much upgrading to Windows 10. I definitely would not *Big Grin Windows 10 Jan19th  2019 update :D

They are supporting only Windowses currently in mainstream support. For Windows 10, they seem to have moved the support model to the bi-annual updates being supported for 2 years and more recently 1.5 years.

Has it been said if Office 2019 will actually work on Windows 7/8.1? Supported and actually working can be different things. Kind of like the "on supported hardware" comment above.

londiste, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Jan19th 2019 update

Microsoft January 2019 Security Updates

Release Notes
    January 2019 Security Updates

Release Date: January 08, 2019

The January security release consists of security updates for the following software:

• Adobe Flash Player
    • Internet Explorer
    • Microsoft Edge
    • Microsoft Windows
    • Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
    • ChakraCore
    • .NET Framework
    • ASP.NET
    • Microsoft Exchange Server
    • Microsoft Visual Studio
    Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in

ADV990001
      . This list will be updated whenever a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
    • Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the

Microsoft Update Catalog
    • Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via

Windows Update
    • For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see

Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates.

Known Issues

{{windowTitle}}

NICK ADSL UK, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Jan19th 2019 update

1. Windows 10 Jan19th 2019 update - Similar Threads - Jan19th 2019 update

2. Windows 10 2019 Update!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 2019 Update!: Hi, Have updated my laptop to the new version of Windows 10 but my laptop is showing a pop up on my desktop saying, Your Windows License will expire soon. My Laptop is running Windows 10 Pro. Anyone know how to resolve this please reply to this article. Ian Williams...
  3. 2019 Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2019 Windows 10 update: How long does the 2019 Windows 10 update take to complete using DSL? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2019-windows-10-update/9ac25abf-2cf9-40ce-9b3c-9ffa79517a1f
  4. Windows 10 Updates July 2019

Windows 10 Updates July 2019: Good grief, leave me alone. Every day for the last week, you've hijacked my computer to install an update that won't install. Every. Single. Day. I get a message that tells me you're going to restart my computer to install updates that will make everything "better." I have to...
  5. May 2019 update on windows 10

May 2019 update on windows 10: I did the may 2019 update: next day when I tried to sign on, windows does not recognize my password, opens as if I am a new Microsoft/windows account ( home screen with a window) and all folders/photos (and some apps) missing. I'm asked to set up new account because it says...
  6. Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Windows 10 May 2019 Update: [ATTACH]Hello, I am using Windows 10 and currently on version 1809 May 2019 update. While everyone else is on Version 1903 May 2019 update. Why am i still stuck on Windows 10 Version 1809 while other people are on Windows 10 Version 1903?...
  7. WINDOWS 10 UPDATE 2019 05

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS 10 UPDATE 2019 05: Today I received a notice from Microsoft of yet another Windows 10 update with "improvements". I'm afraid... God help me!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-2019-05/3e14e272-54e2-4413-bdc9-2ab6968aa9c0
  8. Windows 10 Update April 2019

Windows 10 Update April 2019: I installed the update on my Dell Inspiron April 11th. When I turned on my laptop after installing the update, my laptop ran just fine for about twenty minutes. Then, it shut off and has been completely unresponsive since. I cannot get it to power on, nor does a light come on...
  9. Windows 10 Feb 2019 update

Windows 10 Feb 2019 update: My computer has been trying to update since Feb 9th 2019. For some reason it will not let me update. I have tried everything I have run virus scans a 4 hour computer scan to make sure everything was working with my computer. I have a Dell Inspiron 3650 -System bio 3.7.0...
  10. Windows 10 Jan 2019 Updates

Windows 10 Jan 2019 Updates: Hi All, After Jan 2019 Patch installation on my windows 10 machines, looks like network drivers lost both wired and wireless. Strange is I didn't had local account created in that machine we were using azure Directory account, and all local accounts are disable, please any...