Windows 10: Windows 10 Japanese IME Input Problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Japanese IME Input Problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I installed Microsoft Japanese IME Input in my work laptop, but I wasn't able to change to hiragana/katakana (by right-clicking or pressing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Warm_Fix, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Japanese IME Input Problem

Windows 10 Japanese IME Input Problem 4g129Ncg4wxYaDp5zOvKtGzLV67wsq174-tB0MSCQ0c.jpg

I installed Microsoft Japanese IME Input in my work laptop, but I wasn't able to change to hiragana/katakana (by right-clicking or pressing Alt + ~) and an error message will pop out as per following:-

https://preview.redd.it/4sy6nnlkt9j...bp&s=934f9d086f298e5df7471adf52689edfbb8831fd

Now this is a screenshot from other website but it shows exactly the problem that I am facing:-

https://preview.redd.it/ar133ydlt9j...bp&s=9009871ac0a7b6d86d4ec0a4f2c6cc250ea4452a

Basically I should be able to change to the あ sign, but it remains as "A" sign and pop outs the error message that I screenshot earlier.

I have tried every single trick in the book (tried playing around with almost all of the options, updating all windows update and also uninstalling them and reinstalling them again), tried googled the solutions and tried almost every single one of them.

And the only possible option left is to copy the imjptk.dic , IMJPZP.DIC, andSDDS0411.DIC obtained from another working computer to folder C:\Windows\IME\IMEJP, as I have noticed that under the same directory, my laptop is missing the 2 out of 3 of the files (solution obtained from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10/566871ef-4760-443d-8fce-f96d73a992ab ).

However my laptop requires admin rights to do that, and prompts for password when I try to copy the files I get from other computer into C:\Windows\IME\IMEJP.

I've talked to my company's IT department on this but they simply do not trust the source of file and refused to help me, as my work scope does not requires Japanese.

However I really feel inconvenient on not having a Japanese input because I need it to connect with my families and also, for my casual surfing/entertainment during my off-days/after work.

You might ask, why don't I buy my own computer? I do have a desktop in my home, but my job requires me to travel around, and sometimes I will be stationed at somewhere quite far away from my home for weeks to months.

Yes I could always buy another laptop but it seems like a waste of money - why buy another computer for personal purpose when I already have a desktop in my home for private purpose?

And yes, I have tried to install Google Japanese Input as well, but it also doesn't work as I do not have the admin rights. My company's IT department is not willing to help me to install by giving me the reason - we are very busy and using Japanese is not within your job scope, we have no reason to help you.

So my question is is there any alternatives, to copy the files into my C:\Windows\IME\IMEJP without having admin rights, or any other input methods which does not requires admin rights to install (i.e. Google Japanese Input).

Those web-based inputs are not acceptable as I have to literally copy paste everything every time. Too troublesome and not a permanent solution.

Thank you all.

submitted by /u/Warm_Fix
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Warm_Fix, Feb 26, 2020
  2. Dr. Musou Win User

i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout with kbdus.dll step by step? I have no idea what "kbdus.dll" is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Dr. Musou Win User
    i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout step by step?

I have no idea what [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters] is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Japanese IME Input Problem

Japanese IME problem

On my Windows 10 1803 machine, I have installed Japanese IME but it allows only 'Half-width Alphanumeric'. I cannot for instance switch to 'Hiragana' ; right clicking the 'A' icon in system tray and clicking 'Hiragana' at the top of the list does change
    the icon to the hiragana icon -- whatever I type remain alphanumeric. According to a few articles I have found on the internet, earlier versions of Windows 10 did not have this problem and this is a problem unique to 1803. Windows update 1803 with japanese keyboar - Windows Central Forums
    says that turning OFF the 'Use kana input' switch under 'Hardware keyboard' in the 'Options' for 'Microsoft IME' under the 'Keyboard' will solve the problem. But on my computer the switch has been off all along. Fix Japanese IME after April 2018 update
    advises to copy the files in C:\Windows\IME\IMEJP\DICTS from a pre-1803 machine to the same location on the affected 1803 machine and reboot. But I have not access to a pre-1803 machine with Japanese IME. Please help.

YasuTakano, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Japanese IME Input Problem

1. Windows 10 Japanese IME Input Problem - Similar Threads - Japanese IME Input

2. Japanese IME input buggy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese IME input buggy?: I use Japanese input a lot and it's always been somewhat buggy in my opinion.Often times when I switch to Japanese from English, it defaults to Half-width alphanumeric mode instead of my preferred Hiragana mode. So I'm constantly having to switch back and forth.Often times...
  3. Japanese IME input buggy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese IME input buggy?: I use Japanese input a lot and it's always been somewhat buggy in my opinion.Often times when I switch to Japanese from English, it defaults to Half-width alphanumeric mode instead of my preferred Hiragana mode. So I'm constantly having to switch back and forth.Often times...
  4. Japanese IME Keyboard Input Prediction.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese IME Keyboard Input Prediction.: I am currently learning Japanese and am needing to use the Japanese IME keyboard on windows 10. However, the predictive text started to auto complete and show the sentences before I could finish them. The problem is, I am studying and am not trying to have text give me the...
  5. japanese ime problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    japanese ime problems: Please help me, I try to use japanese keyboard, but there is problem, It say that "Japanese IME is not ready yet" and " IME disable" how to fix that? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime-problems/fb2fcff2-3f45-490d-9ca0-8cac07f02280
  6. Japanese IME disable alphanumeric input

in Windows 10 Support
    Japanese IME disable alphanumeric input: Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I have not been here in like almost 5 years now. I have the IME setup such that I can switch from English to Japanese with a keyboard shortcut, but there is one major annoyance: alphanumeric input is always on until I switch it with...
  7. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Ever since the windows 10 2004 update and with the changes of the IME; the usual toggle keys that I used to use to change between hiragana and katakana and romaji have stopped working, have the toggle keys changed? or do toggles don't work anymore?...
  8. IME Japanese kana input failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IME Japanese kana input failure: Please kindly advise what to do. I searched and tried many ways of finding the solution, but everything failed so far. I cannot change romaji input into kana hiragana, katakana, kanji Chinese characters although the Japanese language pack seems to be installed. I cannot...
  9. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: In the language bar, I cannot select 'Hiragana' or 'Katakana' in "Input Mode". Only 'Half-width alphanumeric' is available. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/d654e92e-7b1b-404b-83b9-77d9e6124c06
  10. IME Japanese input

IME Japanese input: So, set up Japanese as my second input. Each time I hit alt + shift, it will switch to Japanese. However the annoying issue I am dealing with is when it switches to Japanese mode, it is in alphanumeric not hirigana mode, which is extremely annoying because if someone switches...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft japanese ime cannot switch input mode windows 10