Windows 10: Windows 10 Japanese Keyboard Hotkey Issues.

Discus and support Windows 10 Japanese Keyboard Hotkey Issues. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there, I'm having a strange issue. I type in Japanese sometimes. I can switch easily between English and Japanese with Alt+Shift. However, no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sunny1346346, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Japanese Keyboard Hotkey Issues.

Hello there, I'm having a strange issue.

I type in Japanese sometimes. I can switch easily between English and Japanese with Alt+Shift. However, no longer can I use Alt+Caps/Ctrl+Caps to switch between Katakana, Hiragana, and Romaji. The issue persists no matter which Alt key I use.

I have a 60% keyboard, therefore other hotkey recommendations are simply off the table example, tilde recommendation. I have tried changing my languages to their default settings to see if this changed anything, it did not. I have gotten a new keyboard since the issue has started happening. I have also moved from Japan to the US since.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Perhaps a funky Windows update, or this hotkey binding just doesn't work with such a small keyboard?

:)

Sunny1346346, Dec 2, 2020

2. Japanese Keyboard

Hi Kiyakat,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Let us follow these steps and check if that makes any difference:

Step A: Remove the Language Pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      Language.
    2. Click on Japanese Language and the click on Remove.

Step B: Re-add the Language pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      language.
    2. Click on Add a Language >Select the Language (Japanese).
    3. Once added, click on Options button, and select Add Keyboards to select Japanese keyboard.
    Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Dr. Musou Win User
    i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout with kbdus.dll step by step? I have no idea what "kbdus.dll" is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Dr. Musou Win User

Windows 10 Japanese Keyboard Hotkey Issues.

i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout step by step?

I have no idea what [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters] is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/769eae96-2451-4b69-a1cb-b251b5285b15

Dr. Musou, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Japanese Keyboard Hotkey Issues.

1. Windows 10 Japanese Keyboard Hotkey Issues. - Similar Threads - Japanese Keyboard Hotkey

2. Japanese keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese keyboard: I recently purchased a new Microsoft Surface Pro 9 and am using Windows 11. I tried to download the Japanese language pack so that I would be able to type in Japanese. I was able to install the Japanese language package, however, I cannot download the 'basic typing.' I would...
  3. Japanese keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese keyboard: I recently purchased a new Microsoft Surface Pro 9 and am using Windows 11. I tried to download the Japanese language pack so that I would be able to type in Japanese. I was able to install the Japanese language package, however, I cannot download the 'basic typing.' I would...
  4. Japanese Language Keyboard Layout issue with Widows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese Language Keyboard Layout issue with Widows 10: HI,I am having a Dell Latitude Laptop which has the Japanese Keyboard Built in. However, in my Windows 10 when i install the Japanese language, the @ symbol comes when i press "Shift+2".The Built in keyboard layout shows " symbol for "Shift+2".Please help me to sort this out....
  5. Japanese Language Keyboard Layout issue with Widows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese Language Keyboard Layout issue with Widows 10: HI,I am having a Dell Latitude Laptop which has the Japanese Keyboard Built in. However, in my Windows 10 when i install the Japanese language, the @ symbol comes when i press "Shift+2".The Built in keyboard layout shows " symbol for "Shift+2".Please help me to sort this out....
  6. Japanese keyboard layout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese keyboard layout in Windows 10: Hi,Hope you're all safe and well.So I live in Japan these days and bought a Japanese laptop. Did a clean install of Windows 10 selecting US English as the primary language. Now all the symbol keys i.e. shift + number {!@#$%^&*} or everything to the right of 0, p, l, or m...
  7. Japanese Keyboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Japanese Keyboard: Dear Sir/Madam, I have the language pack installed for Japanese, however when I installed the Japanese keyboard, it informs that it's searching for the language pack, and never finds it. As consequence, I can't select between hiragana and katakana. How to solve this...
  8. Japanese language keyboard issue

Japanese language keyboard issue: hi, i have installed Japanese language pack in windows 10 pro system, but the keyboard language is not changing its showing English. i tried to install other languages and working fine. Please provide guidance to this. Thank you....
  9. Issues while using Japanese IME keyboard

Issues while using Japanese IME keyboard: For the past week, every time I open up the Japanese IME keyboard on my Surface Pro, two things tend to happen without fail: 1. Everything I typed disappears after inputting/pressing ENTER 2. The drop-down suggestion rapidly appears and disappears into the top left corner...
  10. Japanese Keyboard

Japanese Keyboard: After getting Windows 10, I was unable to be able to use kanji. I was able to figure out a trick to get it to switch to hiragana (you have to right click on the A, and then double left click the already selected romaji option so the A shows up on your screen, then you can...