Windows 10: Windows 10: JPEG and PFG Thumbnails not working, not loading properly.

Discus and support Windows 10: JPEG and PFG Thumbnails not working, not loading properly. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was trying to finish renaming a lot of my photos. But the thumbnails stopped working all of a sudden. I have tried several recommended options which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nocruoro, Aug 18, 2020.

1. nocruoro Win User

Windows 10: JPEG and PFG Thumbnails not working, not loading properly.

I was trying to finish renaming a lot of my photos. But the thumbnails stopped working all of a sudden. I have tried several recommended options which were listed here 4 Methods to Fix Picture Thumbnails Not Showing on Windows 10 and none have worked.

The most important one issue i have noticed is the the command for going into view mode and folder options tab is greyed out. It only opens by manually searching in search bar. And the unchecking the "Always Show Icons, Never Thumbnails." did not work.

The only program where i am currently to view my thumbnails is by opening it a opening menu through photoshop.

Windows 10: JPEG and PFG Thumbnails not working, not loading properly. [​IMG]

Most importantly i don't have any restore points to test it and i don't have any warranty or time and resources for a re-install.

Also got this error all of a sudden for the folder options all of a sudden locked out from searching for it with search menu

Windows 10: JPEG and PFG Thumbnails not working, not loading properly. [​IMG]

:)

nocruoro, Aug 18, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Thumbnails load slowly in Explorer

Hi, have you done any research on this? A general search for
    thumbnails load slowly
    suggests e.g.
    How to Speed Up a Windows Folder that Loads Very Slowly

But there are so many factors: how large a file is each image: where are the files located: what is the speed of access to that location: what else is the PC doing at the same time..... (check your task manager).

Another angle:
    When Windows 10 thumbnails seem to be missing or slow to load, try this | PCWorld

Please also feel free to search the forum.

Note: forum rules prohibit thread bumping... thanks.

dalchina, Aug 18, 2020
  3. wanabrar Win User
    COM Surrogate using too much CPU, Thumbnail and Icon problem.

Hey guys i've been using Windows 10 for almost a month now, and I'm having some issues with it at the moment. I have too much videos and picture for work, that most thumbnail just won't load or generate.

Issues:
    • Thumbnail not generating
    • This PC/My Computer keeps loading and saying "Working on it" (File Explorer)
    • High CPU usage for COM Surrogate, using 10% of my CPU all the time.

The way to solve it for me at the moment is killing the COM Surrogate process. But I'm looking for a permanent fix, which doesn't involve me killing the process all the time.

Killing the process of COM Surrogate will make:
    • Thumbnail and icon to generate (although sometimes it still doesn't)
    • This PC/My Computer instantly loads properly, without it saying "Working on it"

Any solution guys?

wanabrar, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Windows 10: JPEG and PFG Thumbnails not working, not loading properly.

Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10: JPEG and PFG Thumbnails not working, not loading properly.

1. Windows 10: JPEG and PFG Thumbnails not working, not loading properly. - Similar Threads - JPEG PFG Thumbnails

2. Thumbnails not loading properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails not loading properly: Hello! I'm facing this issue:1. Explorer.EXE not working properly and thumbnails won't load.Before facing this issue, I didn't made any changes to the system.At this moment, I saw that some files have a blank page icon and some folders, without its contents.And some icons...
  3. Thumbnails not loading properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnails not loading properly: Hello! I'm facing this issue:1. Explorer.EXE not working properly and thumbnails won't load.Before facing this issue, I didn't made any changes to the system.At this moment, I saw that some files have a blank page icon and some folders, without its contents.And some icons...
  4. Thumbnails not loading properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. File thumbnails not loading properly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File thumbnails not loading properly.: Hey my files are not loading the image thumbnails, are there any fixes to this problem? I have tried clear the cache and that's about it. Thanks in advance....
  6. Thumbnails not loading properly in Windows Explorer

Thumbnails not loading properly in Windows Explorer: Hello, My thumbnails recently haven't been loading properly. I attached some pictures to show what they look like. For some folders, the thumbnails are just blank white pictures, and for other folders, the thumbnails are just blank black spaces. How can I fix this? I...
  7. In Windows 10 the thumbnails on my photos don't work properly

In Windows 10 the thumbnails on my photos don't work properly: Hi, Recently bought a new laptop and after transferring all my stuff onto it, the thumbnails on most of my photos (not all) don't display. This doesn't happen to every single photo and some work totally fine. I have tried all the solutions I could find online and none of...
  8. windows 10 thumbnails won't load

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 thumbnails won't load: - UNCHECKED always load icons not thumbnails doesn't work - deleting Thumbnails data base doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-thumbnails-wont-load/80af5b58-0cc1-4fae-9b54-2daa040996c1
  9. Explorer: CMYK jpeg thumbnails in negative

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer: CMYK jpeg thumbnails in negative: I noticed this a few days ago, googled and found this 2012 thread–and no solution: My folders show CMYK jpeg thumbnails in negative. Can't figure out - Microsoft Community [img] Any idea why it is so and how to fix it?My system is Windows 10 Pro 1809 (17763.292). Thanks...
  10. Windows 10 File thumbnails not loading

Windows 10 File thumbnails not loading: Hello, I recently bought a new PC but I am encountering a problem I didn't experience with my other one. Image thumbnails in file explorer whether JPEG or PNG are not loading they are just blank. I have tried many tips like unchecking "Always show icons, never thumbnails"....