Windows 10: Windows 10 (July update) 1903 - Immediate black screen with manufacturers logo - no cursor.

Discus and support Windows 10 (July update) 1903 - Immediate black screen with manufacturers logo - no cursor. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; During the windows 10 1903 update / install process it stalled and the PC screen went black. Apart from displaying the manufacturers logo it goes no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HC57, Aug 7, 2019.

1. HC57 Win User

Windows 10 (July update) 1903 - Immediate black screen with manufacturers logo - no cursor.

During the windows 10 1903 update / install process it stalled and the PC screen went black. Apart from displaying the manufacturers logo it goes no further. There are no spinning dots or cursor, just a static black screen and logo.

Depressing ctrl + alt and delete, or ctrl + alt and B, or windows key + X has no effect.

Since it won't boot past the initial black screen and manufacturers logo, any attempt to boot via USB Flash Drive or DVD is impossible.... as is any attempt to boot safe mode via 4, F4 and switching off and on three times using the on/off power button to enter Advanced Recovery Environment.

It is suspected either graphics drivers and/or antivirus might be the source of the problem, but obviously they can't be accessed.

Given Microsoft are aware of such conflicts, it would make good sense to forewarn before delivering updates so that end users might at least be given an opportunity to prepare for avoidable issues....

Can anyone suggest a way forward, please....?

:)

HC57, Aug 7, 2019

2. Computer boots into black screen with cursor

*Original Title: black screen and cursor

Lenovo

update and shut down, next day turned on, manufacturers logo straight to black screen and cursor...need my computer immediately

help

fernando caiella, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Black Spinning Circle with Cursor Pointer Before Login screen

I am in Windows 10 14393.2046 Build and during Boot I am Experiencing Black screen with a cursor and spinning circle ,having updated my Graphics Card Drivers Up to Date and Windows 10 1607 Cumulative Updates too.Since i didnt have any startup issues in
    Windows 8.1 ,10240 as well as 10586 builds and i performed all troubleshooting steps and annoyed me.I can say that it is a windows issue and you have to sort it out ,only problem is

• Windows Logo Spinning Circle
    • Black Screen spinning Circle
    • Login

sasikumar4395, Aug 7, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 (July update) 1903 - Immediate black screen with manufacturers logo - no cursor.

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 (July update) 1903 - Immediate black screen with manufacturers logo - no cursor. - Similar Threads - July update 1903

2. windows 10-manufacturer logo to black screen loop of death.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10-manufacturer logo to black screen loop of death.: i've had this problem before many times and have been able to reboot from usb recovery.this time it won't work.i am able to get in to the recovery mode but nothing works.restore points,reset,advanced mode,etc.all the options they give except system image. i don't have any...
  3. Windows update to 1909 is stuck on manufacture logo screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update to 1909 is stuck on manufacture logo screen: when I try to update windows 10 to update 1909, the install freezes after the computer restarts and it just stops on the manufacture logo screen. I have reset the computer but it is still happening....
  4. Windows update to 2004 stuck on manufacturer logo screen

Windows update to 2004 stuck on manufacturer logo screen: Hi I am trying to update my MSI Gaming laptop but when the update is installing it freezes on the MSI as the update is restarting the laptop. i have tried a few ways to fix it from looking online but it still haven't fixed the problem. Can someone help me please....
  5. Black Screen with cursor after motherboard logo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen with cursor after motherboard logo: Is there any way to fix this? System restore point didn't work, nor did editing shell in regedit. I am able to boot into safe mode, but not sure what to do once I'm in there submitted by /u/caedius [link] [comments]...
  6. Win 10 - Black Screen With No Cursor, No Windows Logo After POST

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 - Black Screen With No Cursor, No Windows Logo After POST: I researched this issue on internet and I found nothing. I guess I'm the only weird pc owner here?... I formatted my PC yesterday and updated EVERYTHING that must be updated and even some more just to make sure this PC won't suck again like last time... I tried to turn...
  7. Windows update to 1903 stuck on manufacturer logo screen

Windows update to 1903 stuck on manufacturer logo screen: Hello, I own a MSI PC since February 2017 and so far it worked like a charm. Recently I've been offered the Windows 1903 update. I'm still on 1803 and I've never been offered the 1809 update. The problem is that after the download and install phases the PC reboots the first...
  8. Windows 10 1903 failed update black screen of death with no cursor on to the Screen

Windows 10 1903 failed update black screen of death with no cursor on to the Screen: I had updated widows 10 1809 version to 1903 but it failed, when i did restart of my laptop its booting but nothing is on screen, i did removal/installation of RAM and SSD but no result. When i had installed SSD in other laptop it was showing, operating system not found....
  9. win10 after update 1903 black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win10 after update 1903 black screen with cursor: gigabyte H81M-WW, intel i7 -4770 3.40 GHZ win10 update 1809 installed working ok. direct x 12 is seen with dxdiag command. screen shot attached. with update 1903 --up to lock screen ok. but on login --only black screen with cursor and on left hand top corner --personalized...
  10. Black Screen After Boot Logo No Cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen After Boot Logo No Cursor: Hi, here is my journey. All was good and well, until my Windows 7 on another drive gave me an NTOSKRNL.EXE error (fixed now). My Windows 10 booted fine at this point, but after entering my password, it was stuck on "logging in" for quite some time. I forced a reboot, and then...