Windows 10: Windows 10 jump lists broken by recent update *again*

Discus and support Windows 10 jump lists broken by recent update *again* in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The jump lists accessed by right-clicking pinned apps on the taskbar have stopped working after installing updates kb4569751 and kb4565351. When I say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gcs deV75, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Gcs deV75 Win User

Windows 10 jump lists broken by recent update *again*

The jump lists accessed by right-clicking pinned apps on the taskbar have stopped working after installing updates kb4569751 and kb4565351.

When I say "stopped working", I mean that I can still left-click on a pinned app e.g. File Explorer and it will open correctly, but if I right-click on the icon and then try to click on any of the links in the menu which appears, nothing works:

Clicking on the recent files or the Desktop/Documents/Pictures/etc. links shows an error message window saying "The item that you have selected is unavailable. It might have been moved, renamed or removed. Do you want to remove it from the list?" but the files and folders have not been deleted or changed in any way.

If I click on the app icon to open another instance of the app, the list simply disappears and the app does not launch.

This has happened to me before on this same installation of Windows 10 when Windows updated itself and the jump lists broke. I was unable to find a solution so I just lived with it for months, when suddenly it was fixed by some mysterious Windows Update, but I have no idea which one. That fix happened about a month ago.

Now it has happened again. I tried uninstalling the two updates see beginning of this post which were installed on the day the issue started, but that didn't fix the issue so I decided to try the upgrade to version 2004 of Windows 10, but even that hasn't solved the problem.

Jump Lists still work in "Safe Mode" interestingly which would suggest a driver conflict. I have updated to the newest video drivers from Nvidia, but no luck.

How can I fix this issue?

Thank you!

:)

Gcs deV75, Aug 13, 2020
  2. nfshp253 Win User

Broken Jump Lists after upgrading to 2004

Hi, I am suddenly facing issues with the Jump Lists after upgrading to version 2004. For some reason, when I try to access recent files (that have not been moved), Windows thinks that the file is not there. This happens randomly to some files. I've attached an example of such an issue with using the Jump Lists for Notepad++. Anyone know a solution to this?

Windows 10 jump lists broken by recent update *again* [​IMG]

nfshp253, Aug 13, 2020
  3. MDJ
    MDJ Win User
    Windows 10 problem with duplicated icons in taskbar, broken Jump Lists

Hello,

I‘ve been recently having a problem with duplicated items in taskbar and broken Jump Lists. I‘m now using Windows 10 but this problem occurred in Windows 8.1 too but then it somehow fixed itself. Some programs that I pin to taskbar have a tendency to duplicate themselves when clicked on. For now, I‘ve noticed this behaviour only in Skype and Spotify but it‘s still very annoying since duplicate icons take valuable taskbar space and even more—make Jump Lists of those programs broken, meaning that you can still see tasks program developers provided but after you click them nothing happens.

I‘ve tried loads of times pinning, repinning, deleting whole User Pinned folder from %appdata%/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Quick Launch, clearing Jump List folders manually and automatically with Command Prompt commands as suggested here with no luck. The only thing I did achieve was when I pinned Skype to taskbar in my other user account, then copied the newly created shortcut from Use Pinned folder to my User Pinned folder—this made Skype Jump Lists working but duplicate icon in taskbar remained.

I‘ve recently found a tutorial which may force taskbar to use only one icon per app but I can‘t check this right now as 7+ Taskbar Tweaker isn‘t yet officially available for Windows 10 users.

Thank you for taking your time and reading my message, any suggestions would be appreciated,

P. S. I don‘t know if this is related but I can‘t pin any Control Panel item to Quick Access whilst I can pin folders. Interesting side of this is that pinned Control Panel items appear in File Explorer's Jump List but after clicked I get a message that item is unavailable and that it might have been moved, renamed or removed.

4. Jomel Ber Win User

cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 jump lists broken by recent update *again* - Similar Threads - jump lists broken

2. Broken Jump List - Movies and TV App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken Jump List - Movies and TV App: [ATTACH] Here is goes - I am not embarrassed....I have a recent file on a Jump List and it will not go away. Was it worth it? She's 3X AVN POY - YES I right click on it and "Remove from this list" but it does not take. It sticks there for all to see. This seems to be...
  3. Windows 10 20H2 jump list is broken (again)

Windows 10 20H2 jump list is broken (again): After some time, I had decided to upgrade my Windows 10 1909 to 20H2. Once 20H2 is installed, the bugs that I encountered when I upgrade to 2004 are back and not fix by any update. My PC is ACER NITRO 5 with i5-8300H cpu with GTX1050 gpu and 8GB RAM. Last time I had...
  4. Broken Jump Lists after upgrading to 2004

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken Jump Lists after upgrading to 2004: Hi, I am suddenly facing issues with the Jump Lists after upgrading to version 2004. For some reason, when I try to access recent files (that have not been moved), Windows thinks that the file is not there. This happens randomly to some files. I've attached an example of such...
  5. Broken Jump Lists after upgrading to 2004

Broken Jump Lists after upgrading to 2004: [ATTACH] Hi, I am suddenly facing issues with the Jump Lists after upgrading to version 2004. For some reason, when I try to access recent files (that have not been moved), Windows thinks that the file is not there. This happens randomly to some files. I've attached an...
  6. File explorer jump list broken since 1903 update - doesn't show recent folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer jump list broken since 1903 update - doesn't show recent folders: I used to have a list of recent folders in File Explorer under pinned folders. Now there is just one, the last one. How do I get the whole list back? I have 12 pinned items, which I had before the update. The 1903 update apparently now only allows one recent item. So how...
  7. Jump list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Jump list: If you don't want jump list on the web browser in the taskbar 1.Settings 2.personalisation 3.start 4.Show recently opened items in jump list on start or the taskbar, click off. However this works only once, when you reboot and use your web browser, the jump list ends up...
  8. Microsoft Edge recent jump list corrupted?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge recent jump list corrupted?: Hi. I have a problem with Edge recent jump list. It's not working correctly. See attachment. Is anybody else having this problem and does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks. 57212
  9. Recently opened items not appearing in jump lists

in Windows 10 Support
    Recently opened items not appearing in jump lists: The recently-opened items are not appearing in start menu jump lists despite the correct setting (see sceenshot). Any advice? Thanks. [img] 42013
  10. Windows 10 problem with duplicated icons in taskbar, broken Jump Lists

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 problem with duplicated icons in taskbar, broken Jump Lists: Hello, I‘ve been recently having a problem with duplicated items in taskbar and broken Jump Lists. I‘m now using Windows 10 but this problem occurred in Windows 8.1 too but then it somehow fixed itself. Some programs that I pin to taskbar have a tendency to duplicate...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fix broken jump list on windows 10

2. windows 10 jump list not working

3. jump lists not scrolling