Windows 10: Windows 10 June 2020 update incompatible with printer driver

Discus and support Windows 10 June 2020 update incompatible with printer driver in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the June 2020 update of Windows 10, our Brother MFC-6490CW seemed from computer end to print as usual, queue handled properly etc, but no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CUAndersson, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 June 2020 update incompatible with printer driver

After the June 2020 update of Windows 10, our Brother MFC-6490CW seemed from computer end to print as usual, queue handled properly etc, but no printouts were delivered by the reliable scan and print machine. Scanning and Copying worked as always though. Contacting MS Support solved the problem, the technician did so by reverting the OS to the restore point preceding the W10 update ticket # 1006182237. Thanks!

@microsoft - I now paused updates for the maximum period of 35 days, can you please confirm that the compatibility will be restored in time?

:)

CUAndersson, Jun 11, 2020
  2. Hood Win User

Windows 10 nVidia Driver Question

With the Nov Update, Windows 10 became mature enough to give another try. Build 10586 (version 1511) runs great, feels snappy, and has no obvious problems. However, I'm concerned with this version's insistence on loading nVidia's 353.54 driver, which is dated July 13 2015, 4 months ago. On their US website they list all the new drivers as being compatible with Windows 10, (such as 358.91), but they won't load (installer says incompatible with this version of Windows, could find no compatible hardware...). The 353.54 driver runs games without any problems, but why is it taking so long to for nVidia to update this driver? Is it my 780 Ti that's incompatible or is it Windows 10?

3. Windows 10 tries to install drivers for incompatible printer

Windows 10 forced me to buy a new printer that is compatible. Yet Windows 10 keeps telling me updates are available for old Canon MP980 printer that Windows 10 says is not compatible. Old Printer is not option - it is not even listed as a device but
    Windows update keeps telling me the driver update is available and that it will continue to try to install it. Why would Windows 10 try to install a printer drive that it says is incompatible? Anyone know the fix?

KvMChicago, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Windows 10 June 2020 update incompatible with printer driver

Unable to remove a printer gone in "Unspecified" group

An outdated, or incompatible printer driver could be causing the issue. We suggest that you update your printer driver, or
    uninstall the printer driver; then, restart the computer, and have Windows install the latest driver automatically. Check the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Locate the printer driver and uninstall it.
    • Restart the computer.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 June 2020 update incompatible with printer driver

1. Windows 10 June 2020 update incompatible with printer driver - Similar Threads - June 2020 update

2. June 16, 2020 Printer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    June 16, 2020 Printer?: June 16/ 2020 Printer will not print. Brother MFC. What's up???? Maryann C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/june-16-2020-printer/1181c678-f77d-477c-a2d5-5535dd675f9e
  3. Windows 10 update June 2020 PROBLEMS

Windows 10 update June 2020 PROBLEMS: Hello, PLEASE HELP!!! I was working away on my computer and got notified I needed to reboot for an update. I did so, but once it finished, my monitor display isn't right. It is all stretched out and huge font, and I can't find an adjustment to get it back. AS WELL, my...
  4. June 2020 update

June 2020 update: I run Opera browser and I did my weekly update. I notice after doing the update today that when I open my browser it stays open for about 2 minutes and then closes itself. Im wondering if with the Microsoft edge if this is doing it because windows wants me to use their...
  5. Windows Update June 2020

Windows Update June 2020: My printer Brother MFC J220 stopped functioning after the June Windows Update. I thought it was because it was an older model as I have had it for several years. I tried uninstalling it, but the printer icon was no longer there all that was there was a small square. I tried...
  6. Brother Printer will not print after June/2020 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother Printer will not print after June/2020 update: My printer stopped working earlier this month June/2020, I thought it was my Brother printer MFC J220 going bad so I tried to uninstall it, but it was nowhere to be found under devices. I finally researched and accomplished it but found out it was not my printer, it was a...
  7. Windows 10 Update, June 2020 1909: Printer issue is still not resolved

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Update, June 2020 1909: Printer issue is still not resolved: My printers stopped working after the last Windows 10 update. Unfortunately, I was unable to remove the specific KB update that created the problem because it was no longer listed after the version update . I just installed the latest version in the hope that the printer...
  8. FIXED printer stopped working after update 10/June 2020

FIXED printer stopped working after update 10/June 2020: Rolled back update and now printer works perfectly. How will we know when the patch to fix this problem is released and that it is safe to update?...
  9. Windows 10 Update June 10 2020

Windows 10 Update June 10 2020: Hi Up until recently my installation of Windows 10 seemed to be working well and has been stable for several months. I updated a few days ago but did not accept the additional update to version 2004. I have an irritating issue that I'd like a little assistance with. The...
  10. Windows Update June 2020

Windows Update June 2020: Hi! I just noticed a few system issues with my laptop after the June 2020 update. First, after turning on the computer and loading the browser, a lot of "+++" symbols appear on the search bar. This does not apply to the browser alone but to any empty search bar e.g. start...