Windows 10: Windows 10 just did an update. Windows wallpaper I chose is no longer available.

Discus and support Windows 10 just did an update. Windows wallpaper I chose is no longer available. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 just did an update. I had chosen one of the available wallpapers from windows set as my background. Now the background is no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by xSleeper308x, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Windows 10 just did an update. Windows wallpaper I chose is no longer available.

Windows 10 just did an update. I had chosen one of the available wallpapers from windows set as my background. Now the background is no longer available. It seems that the update removed the background so that I can no longer choose it via the personalization / background settings. It seems the old default pictures have all been removed and replaced with new ones. Very frustrating.

All I could find in the community pages were tutorials as to how to change the background. This was not a help as I knew how to change the backgrounds. The update removed the old windows default backgrounds and replaced them with new ones. Is this going to be a normal thing every time I do a windows update ? Why does Widows update mess with the available backgrounds anyway ?

:)

xSleeper308x, Sep 29, 2019
  2. lZKoce Win User

Wallpaper setup in Windows 10

Hello everyone,

laugh all you want, but I have an issue with Windows 10 and setting up wallpapers. Right click-> background doesn't help. I want the old school screen I have seen in Windows 8. I want to set up a dual monitor wallpaper. This command used to take me to the right place :

control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper , but now it doesn't. What could be the problem here ?

The wallpaper page is no longer available from Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Personlization > Desktop background like in Windows 8. Why did they change this is beyond my understanding. Anyone with an idea is more than welcomed.

Windows version is : 1703 ( OS build 15063.483 )
    Windows edition: Home
    Activation status: Digital license linked to my MS Account

lZKoce, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 29, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

Windows 10 just did an update. Windows wallpaper I chose is no longer available.

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 just did an update. Windows wallpaper I chose is no longer available.

1. Windows 10 just did an update. Windows wallpaper I chose is no longer available. - Similar Threads - did update wallpaper

2. I just did a clean install of windows 10. No longer able to access repair disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just did a clean install of windows 10. No longer able to access repair disk: I did a clean install of windows 10. I made an image of windows before I did install. I also made another image after I updated. I had some issues with update and wanted to go back to previous version. I have used the windows repair disk many times in past without any...
  3. I just did a clean install of windows 10. No longer able to access repair disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just did a clean install of windows 10. No longer able to access repair disk: I did a clean install of windows 10. I made an image of windows before I did install. I also made another image after I updated. I had some issues with update and wanted to go back to previous version. I have used the windows repair disk many times in past without any...
  4. I just did a clean install of windows 10. No longer able to access repair disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Recent Windows 10 Update - I Chose to Run as Administrator...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent Windows 10 Update - I Chose to Run as Administrator...: I want to switch back to NOT running as an Administrator. As the update was completing, it gave me the option to log-in as an Administrator or not. I did not realize the ramifications of switching over to running as an Administrator. I liked having to enter my 4-digit...
  6. I just did the mistake to update to windows 10 octomber 2020 edition and i can no longer...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I just did the mistake to update to windows 10 octomber 2020 edition and i can no longer...: I don't want to have my windows linked to a microsoft account. I want a local account like it was before the update. I don't want to have a password. I don't want to have to be online to be able to log in in my windows Sign in options don't give me the option to disable my...
  7. Update Windows 10. Fingerprint scanner no longer available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update Windows 10. Fingerprint scanner no longer available: Windows Version 1090 S Build 18363.720 was updated earlier today. Prior to the update, the fingerprint scanner on my ASUS laptop worked just fine. Now it does not. There is no option under trouble shooting, from Control Panel. Also, fingerprint scanner does not appear in...
  8. Minecraft windows 10 is no longer available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft windows 10 is no longer available: [ATTACH] Please fix this I own they windows 10 edition of this game and have been playing it for a year and want to play with my friends it says I own it if I go to your website it says I own it and to install but when i click on that it takes me to the store and with the...
  9. Windows Update App no longer available?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update App no longer available?: I no longer have a Windows update app to check for updates as I typically do. When I type in 'Windows Update' in the Search the web and Windows, the App always popped up for me to select it to check updates. It is no longer there? Using Windows 10 Pro 64bit, desktop, fresh...
  10. just realized that windows essentials is no longer available..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    just realized that windows essentials is no longer available..: Was going to use windows movie maker 11 on my windows 10 and see it is no longer available as part of that package called Essentials .. I guess I could drop over $60 for an ''on line same type'' program.. but here's the deal ..Why? I am so glad I still have windows XP pro...