Windows 10: Windows 10 just doesn't want to stop automatically updating my Touchpad on Laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 just doesn't want to stop automatically updating my Touchpad on Laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Got a small, but annoying issue here. Recently since MS was pulling the "security updates"-plug on Windows 7 I upgraded my old Acer Aspire 5750G to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Liyern, Jan 16, 2020.

1. /u/Liyern Win User

Windows 10 just doesn't want to stop automatically updating my Touchpad on Laptop

Got a small, but annoying issue here.

Recently since MS was pulling the "security updates"-plug on Windows 7 I upgraded my old Acer Aspire 5750G to Windows 10. Everything was fine after the upgrade save for my Touchpad. My Touchpad has an edge scroll on the side of it, which wasn't working anymore. Atfer some looking around I found out that the newer drivers for the Touchpad (Elan touchpad) did not include the edge scroll function anymore, it's literally gone from the options menu and now it's some weird 2 finger drag gesture thing. So I went to Acer's website and downloaded the driver from 2012 and bingo, it worked again like it did on Windows 7. But now, every single time I turn on my Laptop it automatically updates the driver without me beeing able to prevent it. I turned off the automatic driver updates and did nothing, I also used the tool MS has on their site to Hide updates but Windows 10 just doesnt seem to care.

Is there any way for me to prevent Windows 10 from updating this particular driver? I don't want to have to revert the driver every single time I startup my laptop. Thanks for any help!

submitted by /u/Liyern
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Liyern, Jan 16, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jan 16, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Windows 10 just doesn't want to stop automatically updating my Touchpad on Laptop :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jan 16, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows 10 just doesn't want to stop automatically updating my Touchpad on Laptop

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 just doesn't want to stop automatically updating my Touchpad on Laptop [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 just doesn't want to stop automatically updating my Touchpad on Laptop - Similar Threads - doesn't stop automatically

2. I just updated my laptop and my touchpad is bugging really bad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just updated my laptop and my touchpad is bugging really bad.: I just recently updated my laptop and right after I updated my touchpad started to bug really bad. Every time I use the touchpad my mouse just flies around the screen and just is uncontrollable. I have no idea how to fix this and would like some help.Thanks...
  3. I just updated my laptop and my touchpad is bugging really bad.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just updated my laptop and my touchpad is bugging really bad.: I just recently updated my laptop and right after I updated my touchpad started to bug really bad. Every time I use the touchpad my mouse just flies around the screen and just is uncontrollable. I have no idea how to fix this and would like some help.Thanks...
  4. Cursor in my laptop with windows 10 keeps running through the taskbar and it just doesn't stop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor in my laptop with windows 10 keeps running through the taskbar and it just doesn't stop.: Hi, In my lenovo laptop with windows 10 installed, as soon as I start the machine and the desktop kind of settles, the cursor start running across the taskbar without any pause. Nothing seems to help. I can't click anywhere or type anything like this easily. Please suggest...
  5. My laptop just stopped turning on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop just stopped turning on: Hi.My laptop just stopped turning on.I hard reset it but nothing shows up on the screen.Please help* Original title: Help me!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-just-stopped-turning-on/b34c528d-6274-4e9d-b36e-86a00fbe1296
  6. Toredo Just Doesn't Want To Qualify

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Toredo Just Doesn't Want To Qualify: So, I want to play Forza Horizon 3 with my friend, but the thing is I can't because of the toredo client not being connected. I did everything that youtube told me to. Putting things in powershell, cmd, services, device manager, but nothing. Is there a way to fix this or my...
  7. windows just updated automatically

windows just updated automatically: windows just did an automatic update and restarted my computer 3-4 times. now the computer doesn't recognize my pin and has wiped all saved documents and photos. Can this be corrected...
  8. How do I stop my touchpad driver from updating automatically?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop my touchpad driver from updating automatically?: The latest driver seems to disable double-finger scrolling on my laptop and I have successfully re-installed the older version in the past only for the newer version to overwrite the older and cause the scrolling problem all over again. Can't find any option on the search...
  9. Touchpad just stops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad just stops: Hello! I have a problem where sometimes my Asus 2-in-1 laptop's touchpad will just stop working, the mouse disappears, and the pad doesn't respond. Every time I look for help on the issue it says that in the mouse settings there's a toggle button that turns the trackpad on...
  10. Windows 10 Update Ruined my Touchpad on Laptop

Windows 10 Update Ruined my Touchpad on Laptop: Hello, most recent update for Windows 10 ruined my touchpad. Every time i try to track, it also clicks causing everything to do a click+drag command. It was right after the update, it is not a hardware issue. Plugging in a mouse does not cause this issue. I tried: 1....