Windows 10: Windows 10 just failed and doesn't recognize any USB/PS2 keyboard or mouse, is it fixable...

Discus and support Windows 10 just failed and doesn't recognize any USB/PS2 keyboard or mouse, is it fixable... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I couldn't find any help in Google. What I did: - automatic repair (everything works there) - safe mode (same as normal Windows, not working at all) -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/joszowski, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 just failed and doesn't recognize any USB/PS2 keyboard or mouse, is it fixable...

I couldn't find any help in Google. What I did: - automatic repair (everything works there) - safe mode (same as normal Windows, not working at all) - plugged in an old PS/2 keyboard which worked just fine, now it's dead just like everything else, it works in BIOS though

Is there any fix excluding settings (I can't access them for obvious reasons) or am I just stuck with wasting a day or two copying all data and installing Windows with all software once again?

submitted by /u/joszowski
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/joszowski, Dec 18, 2020

2. Ps2 mouse is not recognized by windows 10

Hello!I just upgraded from win 7 to win 10 in 2020 because of end of community support for win 7.I am facing problem with ps/2 mouse. I am using this mouse from 7-8 years.In 2020 I purchased new usb mouse.When I plugged my

USB mouse after unboxing it,it works and at the same time I plugged my old ps2 mouse in my pc's ps2 port.Ps2 mouse also works at that time.

I am able to use my both mouse on (acer)desktop at that time.everything working fine.but after passing 2-3 months the ps2 mouse is not working.But my usb mouse working fine.When I plug ps2 mouse,windows 10 doesnt even recognize my ps2 mouse.In device manager
    only my usb mouse is displayed and ps2 mouse is not displayed.Before 2-3 months ago when i purchased new usb mouse.At that time both mouse are displayed in device manager.But now my computer only detect usb mouse not ps2.I also know that ps2 mouse must plugged
    before booting that bios have to detect it.i also done this but it doesn't work.

Please help me to solve this issue.

ChetanKhachane, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Microsoft ARC touch mouse USB dongle is recognized as ARC keyboard on windows 10.

Hi,

To further isolate the issue with your touch mouse being recognized as keyboard, we'd like to know more information:

• Is it one USB dongle for the mouse and keyboard?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

We suggest checking the article below to help you resolve the issue.

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Windows 10 just failed and doesn't recognize any USB/PS2 keyboard or mouse, is it fixable...

Ps2 mouse is not recognized by windows 10

Hi,

My name is Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor and I'm here to assist you with the issues of the PS2 mouse not detecting. Please follow the below to fix the issue.

Fix #1:Before following the below make sure the PS2 mouse is connected.

Step 1:

Go to search box next to Windows icon and type CMD

Step 2:

Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator

Step 3:

Type msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic and press enter.

Step 4:

Click Next on the Hardware troubleshooter wizard.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 just failed and doesn't recognize any USB/PS2 keyboard or mouse, is it fixable...

1. Windows 10 just failed and doesn't recognize any USB/PS2 keyboard or mouse, is it fixable... - Similar Threads - failed doesn't recognize

2. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  3. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  4. USB keyboard and mouse suddenly not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB keyboard and mouse suddenly not recognized: Well, It's dj vu all over again (Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up!), except this time my USB keyboard and mouse stopped working suddenly while working at my desktop PC, not after a boot up. (I'm now working from my laptop.) To summarize: I've tried switching...
  5. USB Mouse and keyboard not recognized on Windows 10

USB Mouse and keyboard not recognized on Windows 10: I have a Dell XPS-15 9550 Windows 10 Laptop. For some reason it stopped recognizing USB Mouse and or keyboard. However it does recognize USB connected hard drives using the same USB ports. 1. Installed latest Microsoft updates - no go 2.Installed latest drivers. - no go...
  6. Windows doesn't recognize keyboard/mouse coming from monitor USB hub

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows doesn't recognize keyboard/mouse coming from monitor USB hub: Hi all, The setup: Dell U3419W Logitech MX Master 3 Durgod USB wired keyboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus Wifi CPU/RAM/GPU don't matter I don't think Windows 10 Home - registered Version: 1909 Build: 18363.1110 Up to date with all patching/updates/etc I have the...
  7. Windows 10 doesn't recognize any USB drives

Windows 10 doesn't recognize any USB drives: So yesterday everything was okay: Both my external flash drives worked fine. I shut down my PC and turned it on today but Windows wouldn't show me my drives. Although, it played the plugged-in and plugged-out sound every time I inserted or removed the drives. Here's what...
  8. Ps2 mouse is not recognized by windows 10

Ps2 mouse is not recognized by windows 10: Hello!I just upgraded from win 7 to win 10 in 2020 because of end of community support for win 7.I am facing problem with ps/2 mouse. I am using this mouse from 7-8 years.In 2020 I purchased new usb mouse.When I plugged my USB mouse after unboxing it,it works and at the...
  9. Windows 10 will not recognize usb mouse or keyboard

Windows 10 will not recognize usb mouse or keyboard: Hello I have an issue with a Lenovo IdeaCentre, it will not recognize mouse and keyboard. It only sees them when I am in bios. I tried doing a factory reset but it wont do it either. I can log in safe mode but the same issue no keyboard and mouse. When it boots up it stops...
  10. doesn't recognize any USB

in Windows 10 Customization
    doesn't recognize any USB: I have a laptop hp with windows 10 and doesn't want to recognize any USB device (Mouse, printer, cell phone doesn't recognize anything) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/doesnt-recognize-any-usb/e4a7f16b-a25b-4125-888e-e6adf83ab083