Windows 10: Windows 10 just stopped booting

Discus and support Windows 10 just stopped booting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This has happened on 2 of my devices; a home built PC & Acer Laptop previously running Windows 7 Pro x64 & Windows Home Premium x64 respectively. Both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WightWalker, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Windows 10 just stopped booting

This has happened on 2 of my devices; a home built PC & Acer Laptop previously running Windows 7 Pro x64 & Windows Home Premium x64 respectively. Both have previously experienced little to no problems running Windows 7.

The PC was upgraded from Windows 7 Pro, then a clean build was successfully installed & ran for a couple of days. On the subsequent boot the Windows logo appeared with the rotating dots but it then stopped. On the reboot it went through diagnostics & I tried all options but there was no way to recover things.

Fortunately, I made a Macrium Reflect backup which I duly made & the PC re-booted successfully & has done ever since.

The Laptop was also upgraded, but from Windows 7 Home Premium with exactly the same thing happening. As it was an upgrade, I even tried reverting back to Windows 7 Home Premium which couldn't be done. When I checked the contents of the HD (having removed it from the Laptop) the Old Windows directory was missing! I've just restored things with a Macrium Reflect backup & await to see what happens.

I find this somewhat disappointing as I've been using the Insider Builds for several months without experiencing any start-up issue but to have this occur on 2 different devices within as many days makes we wonder if the retail version has been rushed out & is flawed.

:)

WightWalker, Aug 5, 2015

2. While booting, windows 10 aborts at various stages and after 6 or 8 tries boots .

While booting, windows 10 aborts at various stages and after 6 or 8 tries boots . It stops just after you press the power switch. It stops after you get the windows logo. It stops after you get the message "diagnosing your PC". It stops after you get
    the message " attempting repair". It stops after you get the login page.

But it boots when you get the "Restart PC" option.

This behavior is consistent.

Is it a virus problem?

Can any one help me?

SureshSeshadri, Aug 5, 2015
  3. AppleiPad556, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 just stopped booting

1. Windows 10 just stopped booting - Similar Threads - stopped booting

2. Windows installed a BIOS update and now my HP pavilion 590 will not stop the boot cycle....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows installed a BIOS update and now my HP pavilion 590 will not stop the boot cycle....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DustySchidas [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hxs6e9/windows_installed_a_bios_update_and_now_my_hp/
  3. "Inaccessible Boot Device" Stop Error Following Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Inaccessible Boot Device" Stop Error Following Windows 10 Update: I have an SSD no HDD and got this BSOD when booting. Startup repair could not fix anything. I discovered that my drive was basically full so I deleted around 40 GB off of it from a Windows bootable media USB. I still had the issue, so I ran chkdsk and sfc /scannow which found...
  4. How do I stop Windows form keep prompting me to do a disk check everytime I am on the boot...

How do I stop Windows form keep prompting me to do a disk check everytime I am on the boot...: I have installed Linux and I am dualbooting and everytime Windows tries to boot it wants to do a disk check. How do I get it to stop prompting me this? submitted by /u/unix21311 [link] [comments]...
  5. Simply cannot stop my mapped network drives being shown as disconnected on boot

Simply cannot stop my mapped network drives being shown as disconnected on boot: My setup is as follows: OS: Windows 10 pro 1909 Laptop: MS Surface Pro 6 Laptop connected to router via 5GHz wifi NAS connected to router directly by ethernet Both on same subnet NAS sharing 4 shares via SMB3 Shares mapped to drives on laptop In general usage, the...
  6. cannot boot anything, stops before windows with blue screen , now goes straight to "choose...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot boot anything, stops before windows with blue screen , now goes straight to "choose...: cannot boot anything, stops before windows with blue screen , now goes straight to recovery "choose an option" blue screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-boot-anything-stops-before-windows-with/a5168ade-6b8c-4d19-ba55-c9a6400b4abc
  7. graphics card treiber stops booting PC. Bachelor Thesis may be lost

graphics card treiber stops booting PC. Bachelor Thesis may be lost: Hey Guys, apparently my Radeon graphics card treiber, on Windows 10, is hindering my PC from booting up. Every time I boot up my PC normally I get a black screen with cursor. I've tried so many things to be able to boot my PC but nothing works. Maybe you have some more...
  8. How can I stop Windows from making me log into my computer every time I boot? I'm just...

How can I stop Windows from making me log into my computer every time I boot? I'm just...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Nokijuxas [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gy8k9l/how_can_i_stop_windows_from_making_me_log_into_my/
  9. Stop Code Error & Unable to Boot into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop Code Error & Unable to Boot into Safe Mode: Hi, My partner has been encountering some issues with his PC for a little than a month and we feel like we are hitting a brick wall with finding a resolution. Firstly, upon starting up the PC we are met with the blue screen of death and a Stop Code error. Upon following...
  10. After an update last Nov My computer simply stopped booting up. It's been off all this...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After an update last Nov My computer simply stopped booting up. It's been off all this...: Like a lot of people computer wouldn't leave blue screen and on the one time I got it to opening screen, the keyboard and mouse wouldnt work. I want to try and fix it anything I should do before I turn it on? Its a toshiba Satalite with windows 10 and I have no back up...