Windows 10: Windows 10 just stopped booting

Discus and support Windows 10 just stopped booting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This has happened on 2 of my devices; a home built PC & Acer Laptop previously running Windows 7 Pro x64 & Windows Home Premium x64 respectively. Both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WightWalker, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Windows 10 just stopped booting

This has happened on 2 of my devices; a home built PC & Acer Laptop previously running Windows 7 Pro x64 & Windows Home Premium x64 respectively. Both have previously experienced little to no problems running Windows 7.

The PC was upgraded from Windows 7 Pro, then a clean build was successfully installed & ran for a couple of days. On the subsequent boot the Windows logo appeared with the rotating dots but it then stopped. On the reboot it went through diagnostics & I tried all options but there was no way to recover things.

Fortunately, I made a Macrium Reflect backup which I duly made & the PC re-booted successfully & has done ever since.

The Laptop was also upgraded, but from Windows 7 Home Premium with exactly the same thing happening. As it was an upgrade, I even tried reverting back to Windows 7 Home Premium which couldn't be done. When I checked the contents of the HD (having removed it from the Laptop) the Old Windows directory was missing! I've just restored things with a Macrium Reflect backup & await to see what happens.

I find this somewhat disappointing as I've been using the Insider Builds for several months without experiencing any start-up issue but to have this occur on 2 different devices within as many days makes we wonder if the retail version has been rushed out & is flawed.

:)

WightWalker, Aug 5, 2015

2. While booting, windows 10 aborts at various stages and after 6 or 8 tries boots .

While booting, windows 10 aborts at various stages and after 6 or 8 tries boots . It stops just after you press the power switch. It stops after you get the windows logo. It stops after you get the message "diagnosing your PC". It stops after you get
    the message " attempting repair". It stops after you get the login page.

But it boots when you get the "Restart PC" option.

This behavior is consistent.

Is it a virus problem?

Can any one help me?

SureshSeshadri, Aug 5, 2015
  3. AppleiPad556, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 just stopped booting

1. Windows 10 just stopped booting - Similar Threads - stopped booting

2. Windows 10 fails to start with stop code of "inaccessible boot device"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 fails to start with stop code of "inaccessible boot device": While trying to trouble shoot file manager's failure to see NAS devices, the computer failed to start and hung with the stop code of "inaccessible boot device." I don't have a backup and the Automatic Repair doesn't help....
  3. Stop updating computers when they are first booting!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop updating computers when they are first booting!: Microsoft. For Christ sake THINK! I'm booting my laptop because i have important time critical work to do. And you TAKE MY COMPUTER HOSTAGE TO INSTALL UPDATES! Get a hint. Your UPDATE POLICY SUCKS. And in the range of SUCKING, installing updates at boot time is THE...
  4. Will secure boot stop an installation of linux on an external ?

Will secure boot stop an installation of linux on an external ?: Will secure boot stop an installation of linux on an external ? Was wondering have Ubuntu on my desktop but I have a msi laptop with secure boot looking to install on an external drive to test different distro. Not to familiar with how secure boot will affect the pc trying to...
  5. Windows 10 stops during boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 stops during boot: My Windows 10 was apparently updated last evening. Now when it boots, it reaches the screen with my backscreen and the time and date displayed. When I click on the page it used to bring up the login screen. Now it goes dim for a few seconds then comes back to the time and...
  6. All USB devices stop working when booting into macOS Mojave VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    All USB devices stop working when booting into macOS Mojave VM: So I'm running a macOS Mojave VM on virtualbox on my win10 PC. I have got it set up so that it loads the language selection screen. But as soon as i load up the VM, all my USB devices (wired keyboard, wired mouse, wifi adapter, bluetooth adapter for my wireless mouse, USB...
  7. PXE boot stops at Windows PE screen

PXE boot stops at Windows PE screen: I am trying to learn more about deploying Windows 10 through deployment services. I have everything set up on my server. I got no errors when setting it up, I can see the images for Windows 10 that are available. I turn on the computer and F12 to PXE boot and it sees the...
  8. How do I stop File Explorer from Loading when I boot up in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I stop File Explorer from Loading when I boot up in Windows 10?: Whenever I boot up, File Explorer opens. Very annoying. Searched the internet, discovered thousands of people have this problem, several solutions offered, but none of them worked for me. Can anyone help? Thanks, Dennis...
  9. Cannot Boot Windows 10 PC STOP CODE "NTFS FILE SYSTEM"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Boot Windows 10 PC STOP CODE "NTFS FILE SYSTEM": Hi After performing a RegClean using the latest version of Cleaner, and being required to re-boot afterwards, my Fujitsu Esprimo P920 will not re-boot, and gives an error message with the stop code of 'NTFS File System'. The PC then reboots, displays the Fujitsu logo,...
  10. Bluetooth problems, always stopped after booting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth problems, always stopped after booting: Hello tenforums, I've noticed this bluetooth problems when i'm playing some games with my Xbox Wireless Controller. So often when i'm playing, the bluetooth disconnect itself. And when i'm trying to reconnect, it can't. Because the toggle on/off bluetooth in the settings...