Windows 10: Windows 10 just stopped booting

Discus and support Windows 10 just stopped booting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This has happened on 2 of my devices; a home built PC & Acer Laptop previously running Windows 7 Pro x64 & Windows Home Premium x64 respectively. Both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WightWalker, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Windows 10 just stopped booting

This has happened on 2 of my devices; a home built PC & Acer Laptop previously running Windows 7 Pro x64 & Windows Home Premium x64 respectively. Both have previously experienced little to no problems running Windows 7.

The PC was upgraded from Windows 7 Pro, then a clean build was successfully installed & ran for a couple of days. On the subsequent boot the Windows logo appeared with the rotating dots but it then stopped. On the reboot it went through diagnostics & I tried all options but there was no way to recover things.

Fortunately, I made a Macrium Reflect backup which I duly made & the PC re-booted successfully & has done ever since.

The Laptop was also upgraded, but from Windows 7 Home Premium with exactly the same thing happening. As it was an upgrade, I even tried reverting back to Windows 7 Home Premium which couldn't be done. When I checked the contents of the HD (having removed it from the Laptop) the Old Windows directory was missing! I've just restored things with a Macrium Reflect backup & await to see what happens.

I find this somewhat disappointing as I've been using the Insider Builds for several months without experiencing any start-up issue but to have this occur on 2 different devices within as many days makes we wonder if the retail version has been rushed out & is flawed.

:)

WightWalker, Aug 5, 2015

2. While booting, windows 10 aborts at various stages and after 6 or 8 tries boots .

While booting, windows 10 aborts at various stages and after 6 or 8 tries boots . It stops just after you press the power switch. It stops after you get the windows logo. It stops after you get the message "diagnosing your PC". It stops after you get
    the message " attempting repair". It stops after you get the login page.

But it boots when you get the "Restart PC" option.

This behavior is consistent.

Is it a virus problem?

Can any one help me?

SureshSeshadri, Aug 5, 2015
  3. AppleiPad556, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 just stopped booting

1. Windows 10 just stopped booting - Similar Threads - stopped booting

2. STOP 'BOOT OPTION MENU' IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    STOP 'BOOT OPTION MENU' IN WINDOWS 10: Whenever I open my laptop the boot manager/boot option menu keeps on showing up and giving me 2 options, Windows Boot Manager or EFI PXE Network. Once you choose and enter it will take a lot of time to start but it works fine, sometimes its lagging and need to restart before...
  3. Windows desktop stopped working in dual-boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows desktop stopped working in dual-boot.: I have seen posts where Windows 10 has frozen in the login screen, or stuck in a blue screen, but this problem is slightly different. When I boot into Windows from the GRUB screen, on a dual-boot with ubuntu, I get past the login screen to my normal desktop picture -but, for...
  4. Cloned old NVME ssd to new NVME ssd, new ssd won't boot windows. Get stop code inaccessible...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cloned old NVME ssd to new NVME ssd, new ssd won't boot windows. Get stop code inaccessible...: So, I cloned my old nvme SSD to my new one. I only had one slot and the old drive was only about 120 gb with the new one being about 1tb. Everything cloned over fine, the OS, etc. It's just it keeps trying to locate the old drive C instead of the new one E. Disk 2 is the old...
  5. Windows stopped booting from nvme ssd drive

Windows stopped booting from nvme ssd drive: This is my first post here. Apologies if I trample over any ettiquettes. I am hopeful that some kind and knowledgable folk may be able to offer some advice!So, I built my 1st PC in Feb 2020 in order to start out experimenting with VR dev. I was/am a beginner in both...
  6. After System Restore my Lenovo Yoga 530-14ARR stop booting Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After System Restore my Lenovo Yoga 530-14ARR stop booting Win 10: After System Restore my Lenovo Yoga 530-14ARR stop booting Win 10, I've tried troubleshoot Reset this PC or Advanced options "Startup Repair" but it won't recognize my password. I managed to changed my password after this happens but still it won't accept my Hotmail/Outlook...
  7. Can't Boot PC Stop Code 00021a

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Boot PC Stop Code 00021a: I shut down my PC as I had to leave, and when I turned it back on I get constant BSODs with the 0000021a stop code.My PC will boot with Driver Signature Enforcement disabled, but at this point, I'm not too sure what to do next. Because it will boot with Driver Signature...
  8. PC cold boot stops during BIOS, works on restart/warm boot

PC cold boot stops during BIOS, works on restart/warm boot: For the past few weeks when powering up my elderly PC it almost always stops during BIOS after displaying the CPU details (1st image). Pressing the Reboot button on the front panel it boots fine every time (2nd image). As the next line it would display is the memory check ok...
  9. Windows 10 pro 64 bit, Stops responding after complete boot.

Windows 10 pro 64 bit, Stops responding after complete boot.: Hello,I have got a problem of windows 10 freezing.Recently, I have to reinstall windows on my SSD and I restored windows after taking my data backup and all the apps were gone. Everything started working smoothly but when it boots up, it 8 out of 10 times it stops responding...
  10. Every time ffter KB4589212 is installed, system stop loading at boot time.

Every time ffter KB4589212 is installed, system stop loading at boot time.: Every time update KB4589212 is installed on my Windows 10 Home, system crashes during loading after restart - it freezes with Bios logo, no further loading. Then I need to manually recover system using F2 or F8 on system Boot, in order to rollback update. But after few day,...