Windows 10: Windows 10 just stopped booting

Discus and support Windows 10 just stopped booting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This has happened on 2 of my devices; a home built PC & Acer Laptop previously running Windows 7 Pro x64 & Windows Home Premium x64 respectively. Both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WightWalker, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Windows 10 just stopped booting

This has happened on 2 of my devices; a home built PC & Acer Laptop previously running Windows 7 Pro x64 & Windows Home Premium x64 respectively. Both have previously experienced little to no problems running Windows 7.

The PC was upgraded from Windows 7 Pro, then a clean build was successfully installed & ran for a couple of days. On the subsequent boot the Windows logo appeared with the rotating dots but it then stopped. On the reboot it went through diagnostics & I tried all options but there was no way to recover things.

Fortunately, I made a Macrium Reflect backup which I duly made & the PC re-booted successfully & has done ever since.

The Laptop was also upgraded, but from Windows 7 Home Premium with exactly the same thing happening. As it was an upgrade, I even tried reverting back to Windows 7 Home Premium which couldn't be done. When I checked the contents of the HD (having removed it from the Laptop) the Old Windows directory was missing! I've just restored things with a Macrium Reflect backup & await to see what happens.

I find this somewhat disappointing as I've been using the Insider Builds for several months without experiencing any start-up issue but to have this occur on 2 different devices within as many days makes we wonder if the retail version has been rushed out & is flawed.

:)

WightWalker, Aug 5, 2015

2. While booting, windows 10 aborts at various stages and after 6 or 8 tries boots .

While booting, windows 10 aborts at various stages and after 6 or 8 tries boots . It stops just after you press the power switch. It stops after you get the windows logo. It stops after you get the message "diagnosing your PC". It stops after you get
    the message " attempting repair". It stops after you get the login page.

But it boots when you get the "Restart PC" option.

This behavior is consistent.

Is it a virus problem?

Can any one help me?

SureshSeshadri, Aug 5, 2015
  3. AppleiPad556, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 just stopped booting

1. Windows 10 just stopped booting - Similar Threads - stopped booting

2. I have a blue screen error that shows the stop code: Inaccessible boot device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a blue screen error that shows the stop code: Inaccessible boot device.: I started looking for advanced repair and from command prompt I scanned. Now it shows this message. What should I do next.X:\Windows\System32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100%...
  3. I have a blue screen error that shows the stop code: Inaccessible boot device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a blue screen error that shows the stop code: Inaccessible boot device.: I started looking for advanced repair and from command prompt I scanned. Now it shows this message. What should I do next.X:\Windows\System32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100%...
  4. I have a blue screen error that shows the stop code: Inaccessible boot device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I do not stop getting BSOD's no matter what I do I get one every single 5 seconds on boot,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not stop getting BSOD's no matter what I do I get one every single 5 seconds on boot,...: I can't do anything I've tried resetting it it won't even finish that process without bluescreening, I don't get it, it won't stop its completely unusable, got a $4000 paperweight...
  6. I do not stop getting BSOD's no matter what I do I get one every single 5 seconds on boot,...

I do not stop getting BSOD's no matter what I do I get one every single 5 seconds on boot,...: I can't do anything I've tried resetting it it won't even finish that process without bluescreening, I don't get it, it won't stop its completely unusable, got a $4000 paperweight...
  7. Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up: I restarted my pc and my keyboard and mouse stopped working on startup. Whenever I try to open windows it says my device ran into a problem and needs to restart, then it runs the automatic repair but then says it can’t repair. I think all my other usb ports stopped working as...
  8. Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up: I restarted my pc and my keyboard and mouse stopped working on startup. Whenever I try to open windows it says my device ran into a problem and needs to restart, then it runs the automatic repair but then says it can’t repair. I think all my other usb ports stopped working as...
  9. Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up

10. Various Stop Codes when booting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various Stop Codes when booting up: The good news is that the problems do not appear outside of booting or sleep hibernation. The laptop is on and active, no issues. But I am worried that this might presage something truly bad coming in. I'd like hassle-free booting and not having to reboot when I close the...