Windows 10: Windows 10 just told me it found problems and needed a restart?

Discus and support Windows 10 just told me it found problems and needed a restart? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Is there a history or something to show what they found was wrong and why it needed to be restarted. New HP laptop. Bought about 4 weeks ago.. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Steve40th, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Steve40th Win User

Windows 10 just told me it found problems and needed a restart?

Is there a history or something to show what they found was wrong and why it needed to be restarted.
    New HP laptop. Bought about 4 weeks ago..
    I was just browsing on Brave browser.
    Windows 10 latest version, upgraded and updated 3 weeks ago...

:)

Steve40th, Mar 31, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 just told me it found problems and needed a restart? - Similar Threads - told found problems

2. Windows Explorer update problems or is it just me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer update problems or is it just me?: My Windows 11 Home recently updated to 22H2 10.0.22621 but now Windows Explorer is operating in a retrograde way.Two examples: 1 Prior to the update, I used to be able to use the address line to drag and drop files i.e. move files to a parent folder or right click a folder on...
  3. Windows 10’s installer told me I needed to install drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10’s installer told me I needed to install drivers: I usually use Debian on my computer but I decided that I was going to dual boot Windows 10 on my computer as well. But while going through the set up process I got this message “A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB or Hard disk driver. If...
  4. Windows 10’s installer told me I needed to install drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10’s installer told me I needed to install drivers: I usually use Debian on my computer but I decided that I was going to dual boot Windows 10 on my computer as well. But while going through the set up process I got this message “A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB or Hard disk driver. If...
  5. Windows 10’s installer told me I needed to install drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Just been told to upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just been told to upgrade: Have just been told to upgrade to Windows 11. Great news, but bad timing, as I'm off to have something fixed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-been-told-to-upgrade/a0d6cc5e-4af0-44a8-9620-8b63f7e5a549
  7. Just been told to upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just been told to upgrade: Have just been told to upgrade to Windows 11. Great news, but bad timing, as I'm off to have something fixed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-been-told-to-upgrade/a0d6cc5e-4af0-44a8-9620-8b63f7e5a549
  8. Windows 10 just told me it found problems and needed a restart?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 just told me it found problems and needed a restart?: Is there a history or something to show what they found was wrong and why it needed to be restarted. New HP laptop. Bought about 4 weeks ago.. I was just browsing on Brave browser. Windows 10 latest version, upgraded and updated 3 weeks ago... 176876
  9. Windows 10 (your system ran into a problem and need to restart) Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 (your system ran into a problem and need to restart) Problem: Hello everybody, I have installed oracle's virtual box on Samsung i7 laptop. I installed a windows 10 virtual machine, a windows server 2016 and an sql server inside virtual box. After that I installed the windows Assessment and Deployment Kit on my laptop. The purpose of...
  10. Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting: My wife's computer gets this on occasion. It goes to 100%, then reboots. Has occurred 3 times in last 2 weeks. What do I need to do to get you the information for a fix? 65863