Windows 10: Windows 10 Just Updated By Itself - Normal?

Discus and support Windows 10 Just Updated By Itself - Normal? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I'm fairly certain this is just something that happens now but just to make sure, I would like to ask: I had something to do earlier, so I put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by That Random Guy, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Just Updated By Itself - Normal?

Hello,

I'm fairly certain this is just something that happens now but just to make sure, I would like to ask:

I had something to do earlier, so I put my PC to sleep. I noticed that an update had been downloaded but I chose to sleep instead.

I came back later and found my PC on, and then I heard the tower beep—which tipped me off that it had just rebooted.

I power the monitor and logon to find that it did in fact install the latest security update on its own.

While I can understand the necessity of having the host secured, why would Windows do this without my consent?

I know it's old news by now but this has never happened to me before.

I just double-checked some settings and I haven't found anything related to what I've experienced.

BTW, I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 1803. *Shock

:)

That Random Guy, Mar 20, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 20, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 Just Updated By Itself - Normal?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Just Updated By Itself - Normal?

1. Windows 10 Just Updated By Itself - Normal? - Similar Threads - Updated Itself Normal

2. My Windows 10 just deactivated itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 just deactivated itself.: Hello,I've been using my pc for about 3 to 4 years now , I didn't have any problems with the activation key, but today suddently It deactivated itself.And when I try to re-enter the key manually again. It says" We can't activate Windows on this device because the product key...
  3. My Windows 10 just deactivated itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 10 just deactivated itself.: Hello,I've been using my pc for about 3 to 4 years now , I didn't have any problems with the activation key, but today suddently It deactivated itself.And when I try to re-enter the key manually again. It says" We can't activate Windows on this device because the product key...
  4. My Windows 10 just deactivated itself.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 just "restored" itself...?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 just "restored" itself...?: Hello,I run Win 10 22H2...Moments ago, I was working on my system, and was astounded to see a message that my system was "Restored" to its state of a few days ago...I did nothing to make that happen, and there was no notification that a restore process was about to begin, so...
  6. Windows 10 just "restored" itself...?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 just "restored" itself...?: Hello,I run Win 10 22H2...Moments ago, I was working on my system, and was astounded to see a message that my system was "Restored" to its state of a few days ago...I did nothing to make that happen, and there was no notification that a restore process was about to begin, so...
  7. Windows 10 just "restored" itself...?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Unauthorized win10 update just ran itself

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unauthorized win10 update just ran itself: just rebooted and saw UNAUTHORIZED update restart. running OSbuild 19043.985 -19043.867 thankfully everything installed OK, but then when I checked, the HISTORY screen on Win Update SHOWS NO RECENT UPDATE Anyone Else? This is Fn MADNESS 180639
  9. My Computer just wiped itself Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Computer just wiped itself Windows 10: I was launching rocket league however it didnt appear, and didnt give me the choice to shut down,since the windows button doesnt work. So i unplugged my computer. When i turn it back on it says Diagnosing PC and i was super confused. Is there a way i can undo this without...
  10. New bug in Windows 10? Or just normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New bug in Windows 10? Or just normal?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SpaceManTudor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khl9b8/new_bug_in_windows_10_or_just_normal/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 just updated without asking