Windows 10: Windows 10 KB4467682 changes, ctrl+shift+e ?

Discus and support Windows 10 KB4467682 changes, ctrl+shift+e ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I've tried to find any information about this and simply cannot find anything so have decided as a last resort to ask here.. Current OS Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by wrecche, Nov 30, 2018.

1. wrecche Win User

Windows 10 KB4467682 changes, ctrl+shift+e ?

Hi, I've tried to find any information about this and simply cannot find anything so have decided as a last resort to ask here..

Current OS Windows 10 1803

I use an old program, Paintshop Pro 9, as it is perfect for my needs, but a feature within it, ctrl+shift+e to paste an object without the background, suddenly stopped working. In fact, pressing that combination anywhere in windows serves no purpose, but it appears to lock the ctrl key on - in a web browser (any) after this key combination, the scroll wheel on my mouse resizes the pages, on the desktop, the scroll wheel then resizes desktop icons, etc. No program appears to have any use for it. The only way to break out of the ctrl lock is to hit the right side ctrl+shift.

I've checked with nirsoft HotKeyList which shows all hotkey shortcuts identified in Windows, and there is indeed Ctrl+Shift+E but it shows no program associated with it.

I have just reinstalled Windows 10 on a different PC, and tested this while still on 1709, and I can once more use the key combination of Ctrl+Shift+E, and HotKeyList shows no association to it.

So, What is it used for in 1803? Why is it reserved, when nothing seems to use it, and it in fact breaks things?

And more importantly, so I can continue to use updates, how can I disable it within windows, this function that I use for other things that has no use elsewhere, but is suddenly refused to me?

Thanks in advance.

Damian.

:)

wrecche, Nov 30, 2018

2. Resize and rearrange desktop icons with ctrl+shift+(1-0)

To change your desktop icons from vertical to horizontal, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Select small icons.

Once done, try to change again the size and display of your desktop icons using the
    Ctrl+shift+(1-0) mode and check if the same issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Acelyn Alc, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Ctrl+shift+0 in windows 10

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+shift+0 fails to work while playing a video game in Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

In order to assist you better, please reply to the following questions.

1. May I know the name of the game?

2. Is the game compatible on Windows 10?

I suggest you to check keyboard settings of the game and see whether Ctrl+Shift+0 is assigned for appropriate action.

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Windows 10 KB4467682 changes, ctrl+shift+e ?

Ctrl+shift+0 in windows 10

I play a video game in which Ctrl+Shift+0 is mapped to a specific action.

In prior versions of Windows, I was able to receive Ctrl+Shift+0 keypresses in-game by getting rid of the Windows keyboard shortcut for switching input languages.

In Windows 10, that is no longer sufficient. My game can't receive Ctrl+Shift+0 keypresses at all, even with the keyboard shortcut for input-language switching set to None.

Is there a way to get Ctrl+Shift+0 to work again in Windows 10?

Roger M.Wilcox, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 KB4467682 changes, ctrl+shift+e ?

1. Windows 10 KB4467682 changes, ctrl+shift+e ? - Similar Threads - KB4467682 changes ctrl+shift+e

2. Ctrl + Shift + V Format Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl + Shift + V Format Change: Since today, the format for Ctrl + Shift + V has changed and it is not the sort of thing I like!It used to just copy the previously copied text immediately, but now you have to select what you want to past.See attached screenshot image.Don't know if someone can help, get it...
  3. Ctrl + Shift + V Format Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl + Shift + V Format Change: Since today, the format for Ctrl + Shift + V has changed and it is not the sort of thing I like!It used to just copy the previously copied text immediately, but now you have to select what you want to past.See attached screenshot image.Don't know if someone can help, get it...
  4. Ctrl+Shift+S No Longer Working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+Shift+S No Longer Working on Windows 10: I have been having issues with Ctrl+Shift+S on my Windows 10. It started with not working on paint.net. I later discovered it's an issue with Win 10 itself. Notepad doesn't register it, Paint 3D doesn't register it, DaVinci Resolve doesn't register it... I could keep going,...
  5. CTRL+SHIFT+E noise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CTRL+SHIFT+E noise: I've been playing some videogames recently and every time i hit the CTRL+SHIFT+E it beeps and i cant find the source I've googled it but nothing turns up that helps was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. And if they had what was their solution submitted by...
  6. Ctrl+Shift+1 changed to Ctrl+Alt+1 in Windows explorer to change view layout

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ctrl+Shift+1 changed to Ctrl+Alt+1 in Windows explorer to change view layout: I commonly use Ctrl+Shift+1 or 2 or 3 etc to change the windows explorer view layout. Recently, I discovered that the keyboard shortcut no longer worked, and after some experimentation, you have to press Alt instead of Shift now. I don't know why this occurred. I am using a...
  7. Windows 10 KB4467682 breaks "run as administrator"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 KB4467682 breaks "run as administrator": After the update, if you are logged in as a regular user and attempt running a file as an administrator by right-clicking on it, it does not prompt for admin credentials and does not allow running the file as an admin. Uninstalling the KB4467682 update and rebooting returns...
  8. KB4467682 and KB4467681 for Windows 10 1803 and 1709

in Windows 10 News
    KB4467682 and KB4467681 for Windows 10 1803 and 1709: Microsoft released new cumulative updates for all supported versions of Windows 10 with the exception of Windows 10 version 1809. The updates fix a large number of bugs in these version. The cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1809 that is about to be released is still...
  9. November 28th Windows Cumulative Update KB4467682

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    November 28th Windows Cumulative Update KB4467682: Have installed today's windows 10 cumulative update and it has caused a huge blue screen error which continued to happen. Have thankfully (after almost an hour of trying but getting blue screens mid attempt) managed to roll back this update and paused future updates for 35...
  10. Ctrl+Shift+Entre

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl+Shift+Entre: Hi, I recently bought a refurb desktop PC which runs Win 10. I also have a wireless keyboard and mouse. It all has seemed fine. I so far have not loaded MSOffice because I can use my work desktop through VM ware. All has seemed fine However I do a lot of excel work and...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ctrl shift E not wokring on Paintshop pro Microsoft