Windows 10: Windows 10 KB4515384 is now breaking network adapters

Discus and support Windows 10 KB4515384 is now breaking network adapters in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 KB4515384 is the latest cumulative update that Microsoft released on September 10 with a fix for high CPU usage bug and multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 15, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 KB4515384 is now breaking network adapters

Windows 10 KB4515384 is the latest cumulative update that Microsoft released on September 10 with a fix for high CPU usage bug and multiple vulnerabilities.

Microsoft initially stated that the cumulative update comes without any known issues, but the company has now updated the changelog to confirm a bug affecting both Start menu and Windows Search. Microsoft has also confirmed audio issues in this cumulative update.

It looks like Windows 10 KB4515384 is plagued by several other issues as well, including a bug that disables Ethernet or WiFi connectivity. A number of users are reporting on Microsoft community forum, Reddit and Windows 10’s Feedback Hub that network adapters have stopped working after applying this update.

“Cumulative update (kb4515384) causes the NIC to fail to enable with a code 10 error. Reinstalling network drivers from Intel or Windows Update sources does not resolve the issue. However removing the update through the ‘Programs & Software’ panel or using a recovery point set *before* the update fully resolves the issue,” a user documented the bug on Feedback Hub.

“KB4515384 breaks ethernet and wifi adapters on my PC. Appears to create new devices as they’re labelled ‘#2’ and when exposing hidden devices in Device Manager the previously named devices appear. Uninstalling these / new or old drivers do not fix the issues (i.e. “ethernet unplugged” which it is clearly not). Only option was to uninstall this update,” another user confirmed the annoying bug on Feedback Hub.

If you are affected by broken network adapters bug, you can disable and re-enable the adapter in Device Manager, and you might be able to use the adapters again after a system reboot. If nothing works, you should consider uninstalling the cumulative update until Microsoft acknowledges the bug and offers a workaround.

Action Center

If you’re facing issues with the Action Center on your Windows 10 device after the update, you’re not alone. A lot of users are reporting that Windows 10 KB4515384 broke Action Center, and a post on Microsoft community forum states that Action Center can’t be opened after applying the patch.

Similarly, reports of broken Taskbar and Action Center have significantly increased in the past few days.

“After installing KB2515384 I’m unable to open the Action Centre or Microsoft Edge. This is on Windows 19H1 18362, Tried repair and reset of Microsoft Edge. No success. Ended up removing the update. Last month I also had to remove the previous update KB4512941 that was causing SearchUI to use excessive CPU and stress the cooling fans,” a user noted on Feedback Hub.

“Update KB4515384 is causing problems on my PC with high CPU from Search and my audio icon won’t open, nor will Action Center. Only thing that makes things normal is uninstalling the update,” a user said in a Reddit post.

Another bug prevents users from opening app icons pinned to the taskbar.

The post Windows 10 KB4515384 is now breaking network adapters appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Szkrabula Win User

Network adapter failure after installing KB4515384

Hi

After installing the latest update KB4515384, my Intel wireless network card and Intel lan card have stopped working. Device Manager reports a device error and cannot start it. Deinstalling KB4515384 solved the problem. My Lan card is integrated on Gigigabyte
    B450 AORUS PRO mainboard, wireless is on PCI-e ASUS PCE-AC55BT. All drivers is app to date. Any idea ??

Szkrabula, Sep 15, 2019
  3. KB4515384 breaks Action Center

same issue on my PC. I tried install KB4515384 on one of my workstation with no luck. Menu start stopped working with critical error and sign out demand. After uninstall latest CU problem with start
    menu was solved but action center won't open now. Windows 10 especially 1903 is the most bugged OS ever. I suggest stay at 18362.295 as long as possible or until all flaws will be finally fixed

Krzysztof Nikołajczuk, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10 KB4515384 is now breaking network adapters

network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 KB4515384 is now breaking network adapters

1. Windows 10 KB4515384 is now breaking network adapters - Similar Threads - KB4515384 breaking network

2. Windows 10 updates KB4515384 and KB4517389 breaks network, makes windows desktop unusable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates KB4515384 and KB4517389 breaks network, makes windows desktop unusable: Those 2 updates broke wifi (pcie intel 8260) and ethernet (onboard realtek 8189) for me. Also when manually updating from previous build Windows extremely slow to load (15 minutes to desktop), some services not loading, most programs do not open and those who open takes...
  3. KB4515384 completely breaks my system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KB4515384 completely breaks my system: I have successfully avoided the curse of the broken Windows 10 update since 2015 across my own systems and those I'm responsible for at work. Unfortunately, KB4515384 seems to be the end of my lucky run on my main desktop at least - although I haven't had any issues with it...
  4. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 KB4515384 breaks audio

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 KB4515384 breaks audio: After installing the Windows 10 KB4515384, users have been reporting that the update breaks down audio and reduces the quality when playing games. Microsoft has finally confirmed that it’s aware of reports the latest cumulative update might come with an issue where the audio...
  5. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 KB4515384 breaks Start menu

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 KB4515384 breaks Start menu: Start menu and Windows Search are two of the most important features that are bundled in Windows 10, but both fail to work on some PCs with Windows 10 KB4515384. Windows 10 KB4515384 was released on September 10 and the update is downloaded in the background automatically....
  6. Windows 10 KB4515384 is now causing audio issues on some PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4515384 is now causing audio issues on some PCs: On September 10, Microsoft shipped Patch Tuesday updates for all supported versions of Windows 10, including the May 2019 Update (version 1903). The update comes with a number of security fixes and quality improvements, but it also breaks Windows Search and even audio on some...
  7. Network adapter failure after installing KB4515384

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Network adapter failure after installing KB4515384: Hi After installing the latest update KB4515384, my Intel wireless network card and Intel lan card have stopped working. Device Manager reports a device error and cannot start it. Deinstalling KB4515384 solved the problem. My Lan card is integrated on Gigigabyte B450 AORUS...
  8. Windows 10 KB4515384 is breaking down core features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 KB4515384 is breaking down core features: “Your Start menu isn’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in,” a message titled ‘Critical error’ reads, and it includes a link to sign out. “I tried install KB4515384 on one of my workstation with no luck. Menu start stopped working with critical error and...
  9. Windows 10 KB4515384 is breaking down core features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4515384 is breaking down core features: Microsoft yesterday shipped Windows 10 KB4515384 with a number of security improvements and fix for Cortana’s high CPU usage bug. While Microsoft has managed to resolve the high CPU usage caused by Cortana, it looks like the update breaks down Windows Search once again. In...
  10. KB4515384 breaks Action Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    KB4515384 breaks Action Center: Hi, after installing KB4515384 my Action Center in Windows 10 can't be opened anymore - works again after removing todays update. Well, at least the CPU bug in Search is gone… Regards, Tom...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4515384 broken ethernet and wi-fi adapters