Windows 10: Windows 10 KB4515384 is now causing audio issues on some PCs

Discus and support Windows 10 KB4515384 is now causing audio issues on some PCs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; On September 10, Microsoft shipped Patch Tuesday updates for all supported versions of Windows 10, including the May 2019 Update (version 1903). The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 12, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 KB4515384 is now causing audio issues on some PCs

On September 10, Microsoft shipped Patch Tuesday updates for all supported versions of Windows 10, including the May 2019 Update (version 1903). The update comes with a number of security fixes and quality improvements, but it also breaks Windows Search and even audio on some PCs.

The last optional update Windows 10 version 1903 had a couple of issues hitting Cortana (SearchUI.exe) to Windows Search. Fortunately, the high CPU has been fixed in the Build 18362.356 (KB4515384). However, some PCs with Windows 10 KB4515384 suffers from an annoying audio bug and as well as a load of other problems.

According to numerous posts (1, 2, 3), users are reporting that the cumulative update breaks down audio or reduces the volume when playing games. Tweaking with audio settings and uninstalling the update apparently restores the expected behaviour.

“Something has gone totally wrong after September 10 update. The sound from my $2,000 PC setup has literally stopped coming. And it’s impossible to play games without the freaking sound. I have tried reinstalling the audio drivers, but it didn’t work. Guess I will have to remove this update,” one of our readers wrote in the comments section.

How to fix audio issues after installing Windows 10 KB4515384

It looks like the audio problem goes away if you change Windows Audio format to 16 bit (DVD quality):

• Right-click the Sound icon on taskbar and Sound settings.
    • On Settings page’s Related Settings section, select Sound Control Panel.
    • Right-click the Default device on the Playback tab and select Properties.
    • Go to the Advanced tab and change the setting to 16 bit (DVD quality).
    • Click on OK to apply changes.

Windows 10 KB4515384 is now causing audio issues on some PCs Audio-settings.jpg

If the aforementioned solution doesn’t work for you, another way to resolve the issue is to uninstall this patch:
    • Open Start menu and navigate to Settings.
    • Click on Update & Security and navigate to Windows Update page.
    • Click on View update history > Uninstall updates, and choose the update. In this case, you have to select KB4515384.
    • Click on Yes when asked and restart your device.

Remember that the update includes important security fixes.

In related news, Windows 10 Build 18362.356 also breaks the Start menu and Search on the desktop for a number of users. Microsoft says they are investigating the issue and a fix will be included in the upcoming release.

The post Windows 10 KB4515384 is now causing audio issues on some PCs appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 12, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 audio issue

Hi,

Audio issues might have caused by an outdated audio driver. For us to troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this article:

Fix sound problems
    . You can try different troubleshooting methods by clicking the drop down box, below the title, and choose one from the list.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 KB4515384 is now causing audio issues on some PCs - Similar Threads - KB4515384 causing audio

2. Windows 10 Update KB4515384 Issues with Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update KB4515384 Issues with Google Chrome: Has anyone run into an issue with KB4515384 update and Google Chrome? In a nut shell, I can launch Chrome and its fine till I close the program. I tried opening it but nothing responded. I open Task Manager/Details and there is a chrome.exe programs running. I try to End...
  3. Update KB4515384 causing WiFi connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update KB4515384 causing WiFi connectivity issues: The update KB4515384 is causing constant network connectivity issues. I have tested my current WiFi adapter, observing drops on the throughput of the internet connection causing complete loss of connection at fixed intervals of 30 -45 seconds each. I installed a new wireless...
  4. KB4515384

KB4515384: KB4515384 UPDATE CAUSING PROBLEM.THIS UPDATE MAKE START MENU STUCK,TASKBAR STUCK OR NOT WORKING, WIRELESS MOUSE ADAPTER IS NOT WORKING ,USB DEVICES CAUSING PROBLEM, MOUSE AUTOMATIC CLICKING HOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM???...
  5. Windows 10 KB4515384 is now breaking network adapters

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4515384 is now breaking network adapters: Windows 10 KB4515384 is the latest cumulative update that Microsoft released on September 10 with a fix for high CPU usage bug and multiple vulnerabilities. Microsoft initially stated that the cumulative update comes without any known issues, but the company has now updated...
  6. Windows 10, Feature 1903, KB4515384

Windows 10, Feature 1903, KB4515384: When update applies, kills my ACER laptop, only get spinning balls on bootstrap, no safe mode available, could only do system Reset, put updates on hold, like BSOD but is failed bootstrap. My other 4 machines took it ok, some something about laptop/multi-touch or this ACER...
  7. KB4515384 can't solve the problems in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4515384 can't solve the problems in Windows 10: After the installation of this new upgrade, I've observed this performance: 1. The performance of Windows Defender rises to an amazing comsumption of RAM: 410 Mb. 2. The simple account (my) rises to: 323 Mb. The two consumptions are unnaceptable. If you don't have any...
  8. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 KB4515384 breaks audio

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 KB4515384 breaks audio: After installing the Windows 10 KB4515384, users have been reporting that the update breaks down audio and reduces the quality when playing games. Microsoft has finally confirmed that it’s aware of reports the latest cumulative update might come with an issue where the audio...
  9. KB4515384 Windows 10 causes Critical error with Start Menu

in Cortana
    KB4515384 Windows 10 causes Critical error with Start Menu: Hi all, Today I installed KB4515384 which installs several security fixes plus an update for SearchUI.exe it seems. After reboot, the start menu fails with a critical error. I've uninstalled the update and the start menu seems to be ok now. Other computers at my...
  10. Windows 10 KB4103721 is causing black screen on some PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4103721 is causing black screen on some PCs: Microsoft yesterday released the cumulative updates for Windows 10 version 1803 and it appears to be causing a number of issues on some systems. Windows 10 KB4103721 bricks PCs and the installation results in a black screen on a number of systems. KB4103721 is the first patch...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KB4515384 win update sound bug

2. windows 10 update KB4516115 audio issues

3. remote desktop issues KB4515384