Windows 10: Windows 10 KB4551762 causing major issues for some users

Discus and support Windows 10 KB4551762 causing major issues for some users in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; For most people, Windows 10’s latest update simply won’t be an issue. However, a number of users running Windows 10 KB4551762 found that their PCs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 16, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 KB4551762 causing major issues for some users

For most people, Windows 10’s latest update simply won’t be an issue. However, a number of users running Windows 10 KB4551762 found that their PCs appears to have slowed down and some have also noticed an abnormal hike in CPU/disk usage.

Last week, details of a security vulnerability in SMBv3 were prematurely leaked online and Microsoft issued an out of the band security update delivering the fix for the bug on PCs with Windows 10 version 1903 and 1909.

KB4551762 is an important update and it includes all fixes from the previous releases, but the patch has also brought with it several problems.

Several users have confirmed in Microsoft’s forums, Feedback Hub, and Reddit that Windows 10 KB4551762 could fail to install with the following errors:

• 0x800f081f
    • 0x80004005
    • 0x80073701
    • 0x800f0988
    • 0x80071160
    • 0x80240016

“Automatic updates overnight March 11 failed. I attempted two more updates March 12 after clearing the Windows Update cache folders. Each time, following the reboot, a problem was recognized, a diagnosis proceeded, Windows restarted, the updates were removed, and Windows then successfully started to the login screen,” one user reported in Feedback Hub.

Microsoft is not aware of any installation issues yet.

System crashes and performance issues

There appears to be an increase in the number of people experiencing system crashes and reduced performance after KB4551762.

In our comments, one user wrote that the patch causes a black screen with spinning circles.

“For me, once I install the KB4551762 update, booting up hangs on the black screen with the spinning circles/dots. Once I used system restore, everything boots normal,” one user wrote.

In Microsoft’s forums, users have also confirmed a black screen with spinning gear after deploying the update.

In a Reddit thread, people are claiming that this cumulative update trashed their systems with extremely slow performance and the system takes ages to get past the welcome screen.

“The latest updates of Microsoft for Windows 10 are pure trash it seems. I only get BSOD, audio stuttering and other issues and on top of that, I couldn’t even boot into Windows today. I did a system restore to the point before the update and now it’s working “fine” again,” another user reported.

Windows 10 KB4551762 causing major issues for some users Task-Manager-Disk-usage.jpg

“So my status after this update. – PC doesn’t detect internet, Task manager not responding, about 50 % of apps don’t start up [and] search is broken,” one poster explained.

Similarly, Feedback Hub posts also highlighted abnormal behaviour after applying the security update. Some users are seeing Blue Screen of Death, while others have reported that their PC enter recovery mode and Windows goes through the same repair process in a loop.

It is worth noting that most of these problems only affect a subset of devices, but the installation issue appears to be widespread.

While Microsoft hasn’t acknowledged any of the problems being reported in forums, users said they were able to access the PCs again after uninstalling the patch.

It is easier to uninstall Windows 10 updates if they are causing problems for you. To uninstall the patch, head to Settings > Update & Security > Update history. In the updates history page, click on Uninstall updates option, which should Control Panel where you have to select the update and click on uninstall button.

You should uninstall this patch only if you’re experiencing any of the aforementioned problems.

The post Windows 10 KB4551762 causing major issues for some users appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 16, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Mar 16, 2020
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Major BUG: GPU-Z causes Windows 10 PC to hard lock

I am a proud beta tester of GPU-Z! Also, I have suggested many features/new functions over the years, many of which were implemented by GPU-Z author. *Smile Windows 10 KB4551762 causing major issues for some users :)
    So, I like GPU-Z and do not want to use anything else for this.

Could be not GPU-Z, in fact. Maybe a combination of those latest AMD Radeon drivers+my Windows 10 being Insider Preview.
    MY Windows 10 OS is the Insider Preview kind, maybe I should have mentioned that.

RE Core Temp, I have translated it into Bulgarian, and also suggested some new features, implemented by author (for Core Temp, just a few - less than those I suggested for GPU-Z). *Smile Windows 10 KB4551762 causing major issues for some users :)
    So, likewise I like it and do not want to stop using it. *Wink Windows 10 KB4551762 causing major issues for some users ;)

Thema:

1. Windows 10 KB4551762 causing major issues for some users - Similar Threads - KB4551762 causing major

2. Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues: I am currently running Windows 11 on my HP laptop. However, ever since I installed Windows 11 automatically, when I try to shut down and update my PC, I have experienced significant audio issues. I have never encountered this problem with Windows 10, which I used for years...
  3. Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues: Ever since y'all automatically installed Windows 11 when I tried to shutdown and update my PC I have had major audio issues. There is a clear audio disconnect sound and then when it reconnects in the 1-2 second span, Everything after is robotic and glitched out. Resets my...
  4. Windows 11 22H2 causing major issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 causing major issues: Dear Microsoft development team, I just updated to the latest 22H2 version, and since then, my battery life has immensely decreased. My laptop Dell G15 5511 used to give a battery life of a at least 10 hours on balanced mode and 12-14 hours on Ultimate power savings, and now...
  5. Windows 10 KB5005033 is causing new issues for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5005033 is causing new issues for some users: Windows 10’s default Alt-Tab functionality appears to be partially broken for some users after the release of two updates – July 2021 preview and August 2021 Patch Tuesday. While the July 2021 preview (KB5004296) was optional, KB5005033 (August 2021 update) is a mandatory...
  6. Windows 10 KB5004945 is causing major issues for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5004945 is causing major issues for some users: Microsoft recently started rolling out Windows 10 KB5004945 emergency update to fix the PrintNightmare bug, but it appears to be causing serious problems for the printers of some users out there, according to various reports on social media platforms and our forums....
  7. The latest Windows 10 update is causing new issues for some users

in Windows 10 News
    The latest Windows 10 update is causing new issues for some users: The latest update for Windows 10 is reportedly causing issues with the system backup tool called ‘File History’ for a small subset of users. In addition to backup issues, users are also finding that the update breaks their webcam, crashes apps, and fails to install in some...
  8. Windows 10 updates are causing major issues for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 updates are causing major issues for some users: Windows 10 May 2020 Update and June 2020 cumulative updates are causing a host of problems yet again, with users reporting several issues including problems with Google Chrome and desktop UI over the past few days. Windows 10 May 2020 Update, also known as version 2004, has...
  9. Windows update KB4551762 causes big issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update KB4551762 causes big issues: Hi, My computer has Windows updates enabled and thus he always tries to install back update KB4551762. The update causes the following issues: - no search bar in windows taskbar or any search bar in windows explorer is working, I cannot type - screen freezes very...
  10. Windows 10 KB4551762 SMBv3 patch is plagued with issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4551762 SMBv3 patch is plagued with issues: On Thursday, Microsoft published an “out-of-band” security update ‘Windows 10 KB4551762’ to patch systems that are subject to a vulnerability in SMBv3. If you don’t install the cumulative update, Windows 10’s security issue could lead to possible remote executions attacked...
Tags: