Windows 10: Windows 10 - KB4571744 - "Updates an issue that causes applications to take a long time to...

Discus and support Windows 10 - KB4571744 - "Updates an issue that causes applications to take a long time to... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Some applications are still taking between 10 to 12 seconds to open with the latest version of Windows 10 KB4571744. There is a new update which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lsluija, Sep 8, 2020.

1. lsluija Win User

Windows 10 - KB4571744 - "Updates an issue that causes applications to take a long time to...

Some applications are still taking between 10 to 12 seconds to open with the latest version of Windows 10 KB4571744.

There is a new update which I installed as well KB4571756 but did not bring a fix either.

Unfortunately, I am not able to go back to the previous version prior the 2004 ver. Any possible solutions from Microsoft?

Thanks!

:)

lsluija, Sep 8, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Microsoft update KB4571744 !!

Brian,

Your 'Defragment and Optimise' drives issue is fixed in this update, KB4571744 - OS Build (19041.488).

See here for full details of the update.

Ian Mosley, Sep 8, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 - KB4571744 - "Updates an issue that causes applications to take a long time to...

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - KB4571744 - "Updates an issue that causes applications to take a long time to... - Similar Threads - KB4571744 Updates issue

2. Applications taking long time to load in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications taking long time to load in Win 11: Hi, I have recently upgraded to Win 11 from 10, and I have noticed that most of the applications take a long time to load. For example, if I open a video file with VLC player, it takes at least 30 seconds for it to open if there are no other instances of the player open. The...
  3. Applications taking long time to load in Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications taking long time to load in Win 11: Hi, I have recently upgraded to Win 11 from 10, and I have noticed that most of the applications take a long time to load. For example, if I open a video file with VLC player, it takes at least 30 seconds for it to open if there are no other instances of the player open. The...
  4. Applications take long time to install/open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications take long time to install/open: I have fresh windows on fresh very powerful computer so this shouldn't be the case but trying to open any installer of any app takes forever like 5 minutes and applications are sluggish to open. Idle resources are low meaning that there is nothing slowing down the computer....
  5. Applications take long time to install/open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications take long time to install/open: I have fresh windows on fresh very powerful computer so this shouldn't be the case but trying to open any installer of any app takes forever like 5 minutes and applications are sluggish to open. Idle resources are low meaning that there is nothing slowing down the computer....
  6. Windows Update takes long time.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update takes long time.: Hi, Following is the OS specification of my laptop : [ATTACH] The last time when I tried to update windows to perform the following similar update it took over 5 hours to complete and it was stuck at 52%, later on, I forced the system to go in sleep mode by pressing the...
  7. Windows update search take long time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update search take long time: Hi, I have a problem since today, since the last windows 20H2 update. When I want to search an update the loading searching take a very long time (~25mn) and I have an error and I can clic on retry. I want to know if this is a known problem ? Thx submitted by /u/TheMagiiK...
  8. 2004 Update taking a long time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 Update taking a long time: Hi all, I'm trying to update to version 2004 on my computer, but it failed the first few times I tried (I was playing games at the time). I'm doing the update now, but it's taken nearly 2 hours and it's still only 87% installing. Is there a reason it's taken so long? Thanks...
  9. Windows Update - Taking long time

Windows Update - Taking long time: Today, I have got the notification that your system is downloaded and ready to update latest version... Restart is required? I have agreed and clicked the Restart button. to my surprise - it took 03 hrs 45 mins to update the latest update..... I am not happy they way it...
  10. windows 10 update taking very long time

windows 10 update taking very long time: how to shut down computer and restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-taking-very-long-time/e43c1901-1157-4f38-a45b-24c602654244
Tags: