Windows 10: Windows 10 KB4601380 is rolling out to fix screen rendering issues

Discus and support Windows 10 KB4601380 is rolling out to fix screen rendering issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is rolling out Windows 10 KB4601380 optional non-security release (C and D update) for version 1909 and older. Unlike the last month’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 18, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 KB4601380 is rolling out to fix screen rendering issues

Microsoft is rolling out Windows 10 KB4601380 optional non-security release (C and D update) for version 1909 and older. Unlike the last month’s optional update, this month’s preview comes with some important bug fixes, including improvements for font and screen rendering.

Windows 10 KB4601380 is an optional update and it will be installed only when you explicitly click on ‘Download and install’ button. This is a full-fledged cumulative update and it comes with a long list of bug fixes. However, Microsoft is aware of a few known issues in this release.

Note that this patch applies to Windows 10 version 1909. For those on version 20H2 and version 2004, a better cumulative update with identical fixes will be released within the next three weeks.

To install Windows 10 Build 18363.1411 update, here’s what you need to do:

• Open Windows Search.
    • Search for ‘View optional updates’.
    • Select the cumulative update and uncheck drivers.
    • Click on ‘Download and install’.
    • Or you can also download it from the Windows Update homepage.

You’ll see the following update if your device is ready for it:

2021-02 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4601380).

If the update is failing via Windows Update and you’re stuck in an installation loop, you can download the offline installers and double click on .msu package to manually apply the update.

Download Links for Windows 10 KB4601380

Windows 10 KB4601380 Direct Download Links: 64-bit and 32-bit (x86).

Windows 10 KB4601380 (Build 18363.1411) Full Changelog

This month’s optional cumulative update has fixed an issue that prevents Input Method Editor (IME) on some devices when you insert strings.

For consumers, Microsoft has fixed an issue that affects fonts rendering. Another bug has been fixed where users will experience screen rendering issues when opening games with certain hardware configurations.

Microsoft is also making improvements to SetWindowRgn API. For example, a bug has been fixed where users cannot maximize, minimize, or close a window when an app sets the window region’s coordinates.

Windows 10 Build 18363.1411 will fix a random Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) error that occurs at startup. There are fixes for high memory and CPU utilization too.

Windows Update reliability improvements

Microsoft is also rolling out reliability improvements for Windows Update and it has been pushed out to machines running Windows 10 version 20H2 or older. It’s believed that the reliability update has been released to prepare devices for Windows 10 version 21H1, which was officially announced by Microsoft yesterday.

Windows 10 KB4601380 is rolling out to fix screen rendering issues KB4601380-update.jpg

It will deliver reliability improvements for Windows Update itself, and attempt to free up disk space. It will also try to compress your files to make room for future updates and Registry will be modified as well.

The post Windows 10 KB4601380 is rolling out to fix screen rendering issues appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 18, 2021

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Feb 18, 2021
  3. JIN187 Win User
    Programs render multiple times in Tablet mode in Windows 10

Thank you for replying to my question so quickly.

Unfortunatley I can't describe/replicate it in terms of Windows 10 as my Surface will not boot into Windows 10 anymore - it's completely dead. I simply attempted to restart Windows 10 with the hope it would fix the issue. This means I can't undertake your
    suggested steps.

The closest I can get in Windows 7 is via the following:

• Manually resize a window to almost the same size as your screen resolution (e.g. on a 1920x1200 monitor, make your window approx 1918x1198).
    • Click the Maximise button.
    • The window will "redraw" itself into Maximised mode, even though there is very little difference in the size of the window.
    That is basically what I am experiencing. It does this "re-rendering" in-place approx 2 or 3 times, depending on what I've been doing previously. The whole thing is quick - about 2/10s - 3/10s of a second.

JIN187, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Gino Des Win User

Microsoft Edge Webpage Content Flickering Issues with Facebook and Other Websites Which Contain Videos In Their Webpage.

Hi,

Let's try to isolate the cause of this issue, we suggest that you use a new
    InPrivate window
    and try to go to a webpage with a video again. Follow the steps below:

• Open Edge.
    • Click on the three dots icon on the upper right part of the screen.
    • Click New InPrivate window.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you disable hardware acceleration and use software rendering instead of hardware rendering to view the webpage.
    Here are the steps on how to use software rendering:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Internet Options, and click on
      Internet Options
      from the results.
    • Click on the Advanced tab.
    • Under Accelerated graphics, check Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.
    Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 KB4601380 is rolling out to fix screen rendering issues - Similar Threads - KB4601380 rolling fix

2. Please roll out a fix in updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please roll out a fix in updates: Hello Microsoft,I am posting this because of who I work for.In December 2021, an update was rolled out when the issue was first rolled out. My computer started to slow down. Keep in mind, my computers are not old. All of the computers in my home started to slow down. My main...
  3. Please roll out a fix in updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please roll out a fix in updates: Hello Microsoft,I am posting this because of who I work for.In December 2021, an update was rolled out when the issue was first rolled out. My computer started to slow down. Keep in mind, my computers are not old. All of the computers in my home started to slow down. My main...
  4. Please roll out a fix in updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft is rolling out emergency fix for Windows 10 printing issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is rolling out emergency fix for Windows 10 printing issues: On July 6, Microsoft released the emergency security updates to supported Windows 10 versions. While the updates brought the important bug fixes for PrintNightmare vulnerability, several users began reporting printing failures and Blue Screen of Death errors. The bug –...
  6. Windows 10 KB4598298 is now rolling out with important fixes

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4598298 is now rolling out with important fixes: Microsoft is resuming the rollout of optional updates with the release of Windows 10’s January 21 update, which is now rolling out to version 1909. The tech giant has also published the direct download links for Windows 10 KB4598298 offline installers. Windows 10 KB4598298...
  7. Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.541 rolling out with major fixes

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.541 rolling out with major fixes: After Patch Tuesday’s small list of bug fixes for Windows 10 October 2020 Update (version 20H2), Microsoft has now started rolling out a new optional patch with a monster list of major bug fixes. Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.541 comes with a long list of bug fixes as...
  8. Windows 10 Sticky Notes app text input issue fix rolling out

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Sticky Notes app text input issue fix rolling out: There's an issue in recent builds affecting text input, we have a fix for it that's rolling out as fast as possible! We'll post an update here when it's available for everyone. Thanks for feedback and your patience! Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter 151608
  9. Microsoft is rolling out an update to fix Windows 10 SFC feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is rolling out an update to fix Windows 10 SFC feature: In July, a number of Windows 10 users were having issues when fixing corrupted files with sfc /scannow feature and Microsoft revealed that the culprit is an update that the firm released for Windows Defender. Windows 10’s sfc /snannow command line feature has been failing...
  10. Windows 10 Build 17134.137 is now rolling out with bug fixes

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 17134.137 is now rolling out with bug fixes: The second patch for Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803) is now rolling out with a long list of bug fixes. The direct download links for Windows 10 KB4294848 are available on Microsoft’s Update catalog website, and you can use the offline installer to manually upgrade...