Windows 10: Windows 10 KB4601382 update fixes app crashes, game rendering issue

Discus and support Windows 10 KB4601382 update fixes app crashes, game rendering issue in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The rollout of the optional Windows 10 updates was resumed in early January with the promise of fixing problems that had been plaguing users. Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 26, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 KB4601382 update fixes app crashes, game rendering issue

The rollout of the optional Windows 10 updates was resumed in early January with the promise of fixing problems that had been plaguing users. Windows 10 KB4601382 is Microsoft’s latest attempt to fix critical bugs affecting your games, desktop apps, and display monitors with HDR.

Windows 10 KB4601382 optional update was released on February 24 and it comes with important bug fixes, especially for gamers.

Over the past few months, some users have reported game crashes, stuttering or screen flickering after applying unknown Windows updates. Reports suggested that the January update has been causing a host of issues for gamers, many of which do not appear to have resolutions in place.

The optional updates usually come out about once a month and this month’s release is KB4601382, which appears to have fixed key issues. For instance, Microsoft has fixed a long-standing bug where ‘rendering’ issues are observed when playing desktop games.

It’s unclear what caused the screen rendering issues in the first place, but if you’ve found that you’re experiencing these issues then you can consider installing the February update.

KB4601382 key highlights

• Includes improvements for WinHTTP service.
    • Prepares device for Adobe Flash Player-killer update
    • Fixes screen rendering issue.
    • Fixes video playback flicker issue.
    • Fixes issues with high dynamic range (HDR) displays.

In addition to these changes, Microsoft has fixed an issue where users cannot launch Win32 apps from the command line. Likewise, another annoying video playback issue has been fixed, but Microsoft is still investigating reports of video playback issues in Google Chrome and Edge.

As we mentioned at the outset, this is an optional patch and all of these fixes will be included in March Patch Tuesday update. If you’re not currently experiencing any issues with desktop apps and games, then you can actually skip this patch for now.

For anyone experiencing video playback, gaming and other issues, Windows 10 Build 19042.844 may fix the problem and you don’t have to wait until the second week of March.

You can download Windows 10 Build 19042.844 via the Windows Update settings app or Microsoft Update Catalog.

The post Windows 10 KB4601382 update fixes app crashes, game rendering issue appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 26, 2021
  2. btarunr Win User

Windows 10 KB3213986 Update Cripples Multi-monitor Gaming

The recent Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3213986) cripples multi-monitor gaming, looking at the way Microsoft worded its "known issues" text. After the update is applied, users with multi-monitor setups could experience screen stuttering or clipped screens when running 3D apps on machines with more than one monitor. The only workaround Microsoft suggests for now entails running your 3D apps in non-fullscreen modes, such as windowed-maximized (pseudo-fullscreen) or windowed modes. Microsoft also goes as far as to suggest that people with multi-monitors could try starting their 3D apps with just one monitor connected.

"Users may experience delayed or clipped screens while running 3D rendering apps (such as games) on systems with more than one monitor," the change-log for the KB3213986 update reads. "To work around this issue please consider the following options: 1. Running the application in Windows mode (not full screen), or 2. Starting the application with only one monitor connected," it adds. The update effectively cripples multi-monitor gaming, using technologies such as AMD Eyefinity or NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround.

Windows 10 KB4601382 update fixes app crashes, game rendering issue 5781d75ceca3_thm.jpg

Source: Microsoft

btarunr, Feb 26, 2021
  3. not being able to fix hanging or crashing apps

Hi Unikoffee,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in troubleshooting this issue. The details provided helps us to avoid repeating the steps.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. Is the issue specific to Minecraft game?
    2. Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the game from the Store?

Meanwhile, let us try these methods and check if that works for you.

Method 1: As you are on the build 1803, suggest you to install any pending updates on the computer and check if that helps. Remember to restart the computer once the updates are installed successfully.

Update Windows 10:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027667/windows-10-update

Method 2: Suggest you to refer to the steps one by one from this article to check if that helps you with this game.

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027498/microsoft-store-fix-problems-with-apps

Further, if you are still facing the issue, then we suggest you to contact the Xbox support, click this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Windows 10 KB4601382 update fixes app crashes, game rendering issue

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 KB4601382 update fixes app crashes, game rendering issue

1. Windows 10 KB4601382 update fixes app crashes, game rendering issue - Similar Threads - KB4601382 update fixes

2. Render Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Render Crashes: When using Daz Studio and i goto render the engine crashes every time with this error:DAZStudio.exe caused UNKNOWN_ERROR in module "C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll" at 0033:0000000017C0051C, RaiseException+108 bytesAny ideas whats causing this....
  3. Render Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Render Crashes: When using Daz Studio and i goto render the engine crashes every time with this error:DAZStudio.exe caused UNKNOWN_ERROR in module "C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll" at 0033:0000000017C0051C, RaiseException+108 bytesAny ideas whats causing this....
  4. Rendering issues with game launchers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rendering issues with game launchers: So I've been trying to play Minecraft and I saw this on some of the launchers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rendering-issues-with-game-launchers/8c6b32ba-261b-4f44-a702-028c0d7f3521
  5. Rendering issues with game launchers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rendering issues with game launchers: So I've been trying to play Minecraft and I saw this on some of the launchers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rendering-issues-with-game-launchers/8c6b32ba-261b-4f44-a702-028c0d7f3521
  6. Rendering issues with game launchers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Weird Rendering Issues in Dekstop Apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird Rendering Issues in Dekstop Apps: Hey guysI recently had some weird graphics bugs which occured even after completely uninstalling my graphics drivers.Sometimes, some elements are rendered very blurry and oversized; sometimes UI elements aren't even rendered at all - all in all it looks both very confusing...
  8. KB4601554 update and KB4601382 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4601554 update and KB4601382 update: Anyone else get these updates today? "2021-02 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10, version 20H2 for x64 (KB4601554)". Also "2021-02 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4601382). Haven't seen them...
  9. Windows 10 KB4601380 is rolling out to fix screen rendering issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4601380 is rolling out to fix screen rendering issues: Microsoft is rolling out Windows 10 KB4601380 optional non-security release (C and D update) for version 1909 and older. Unlike the last month’s optional update, this month’s preview comes with some important bug fixes, including improvements for font and screen rendering....
  10. Gaming/Rendering BSOD/Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gaming/Rendering BSOD/Crash: Heyho My PC is no ~ 5 days old with a clean new Win10 installation. No Hardware were added after the Win-Installation. The first two days no BSOD and i was rendering and gaming! But on the third day it began. When i render (with Adobe) or play a Game Win crashes or give...