Windows 10: Windows 10 KB5001330: Watch out for these critical issues in latest update

Discus and support Windows 10 KB5001330: Watch out for these critical issues in latest update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Some configurations of Windows 10 are encountering more serious problems thanks to a recent update “KB5001330”, with users reporting installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 16, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 KB5001330: Watch out for these critical issues in latest update

Some configurations of Windows 10 are encountering more serious problems thanks to a recent update “KB5001330”, with users reporting installation issues, performance issues, temporary user profile bug and worrying system crash.

Earlier this week, Microsoft published new April 2021 cumulative updates for supported versions of the OS. For version 20H2/2004, Microsoft released Windows 10 KB5001330, a mandatory security update aimed at fixing several vulnerabilities and issues caused by the previous update, including problems with the printers.

According to multiple reports (1, 2, 3, 4) over on the social media sites, Feedback Hub and our comments section, it looks as though there is a growing number of users unable to install the latest Windows update on their hardware.

If your device is affected and is trying to update directly to April 2021 security patch, it could fail with one of the following error messages:

• 0x800f081f
    • 0x800f0984
    • 0x800f0922

0x800f081f error when downloading KB5001330 update has been reported by a lot of users in the Feedback Hub and our comments section.

“Getting aforementioned error on any attempt to install this update. Have run standard DISM and SFC command, and performed a basic reset of Windows Update,” a user wrote in the Feedback Hub.

“I’m getting a consistent failure of KP5001330 to install with error code 0x800f0984. This is happening on Surface Studio 2 and Pro 7. This is the second month in a row Microsoft has been unable to the cumulative update on my machines. The install pauses at 20%, then again at 73% (different from last month’s 40%), then at 100%, then fails,” another user noted.

Temporary user profile bug

In rare cases, there also appears to be a re-emergence of the infamous Temporary user profile bug. This bug was last reported in December and it basically creates a new user profile when the operating system loads up after applying the cumulative update. When this happens, user files and settings (such as wallpaper) could disappear.

“I can no longer get into my computer since the update. It says “the User Profile Service service failed the sign in. User profile can not be loaded,” one user told us.

“Same, it logged me into a guest profile,” another user confirmed the problem in our comment section.

“Wouldn’t let me do anything as not administrator. Ended up sending it back to the company as it was a new computer and they reset it,” another user wrote.

Fortunately, there’s a workaround for the reported issue – you can either roll back the update or manually move the user files.

FPS drop and Blue Screen of Death

On Reddit, users have reported that the update is rendering games unusable for some.

Users are reporting game crashes, graphical stuttering and huge drops in frame rates, but the problem can be resolved by manually uninstalling the cumulative update. Only some users have reported these issues on forums and it doesn’t appear to be as widespread as other bugs.

As usual, there are reports of system crashes and Blue Screen of Death.

“This update broke Windows for me and others. PC BSOD’d while updating, saying a certain driver was no longer present or supported. I let Windows “repair” itself, and the update went through, then my PC BSOD’d twice in a few hours. I uninstalled the update. I’m not the only one this has happened to, so I would suggest not installing this update,” one user told us.

@WindowsUpdate are you aware of issue on Zen 2 or 3 CPU, amd updating to KB5001330 makes Windows unbootable?

— Eric Smith (@Cmoney_319) April 15, 2021

How to fix Windows 10 KB5001330 issues

If you’ve downloaded the April 2021 Patch Tuesday update and are encountering any issues, the best way to fix the problem is to uninstall the patch by following these steps:

• Open up the Settings app.
    • Click ‘Update & Security’.
    • Click ‘Windows Update’
    • Click ‘View update history’.
    • Click ‘Uninstall updates’ then select KB5001330 to uninstall it.
    • Reboot.

Microsoft has yet to comment on these new problems and we will update the article when more details become available.

The post Windows 10 KB5001330: Watch out for these critical issues in latest update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 16, 2021

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Melvis Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Wow I just updated my Windows 10 to this latest version of 10 (it did it itself) and its so much slower! and again open GL is broken....This OS just gets better and better....

Melvis, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

windows 10 critical update

Hi Stacee,

It is possible that a black screen may occur due to critical system error or corrupted system file. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you tried booting up your computer in Safe Mode?
    • Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot black
    screen error. You can choose which best describes your issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 KB5001330: Watch out for these critical issues in latest update - Similar Threads - KB5001330 Watch critical

2. KB5006670: Watch out for these issues in Windows 10’s latest update

in Windows 10 News
    KB5006670: Watch out for these issues in Windows 10’s latest update: KB5006670 is part of Windows 10 October 2021 Patch Tuesday and it contains already-tested bug fixes, security updates and improvements for Windows servicing. By default, this cumulative update is automatically installed for all users as soon as possible, but it seems to be...
  3. KB5005565: Watch out for these issues in Windows 10’s latest update

in Windows 10 News
    KB5005565: Watch out for these issues in Windows 10’s latest update: Windows 10 KB5005565 update for version 21H2, version 21H1, version 20H2, and version 2004 is apparently plagued with numerous issues. Although Microsoft fixed several bugs with September 2021 cumulative update, it appears that once again the patch has introduced new bugs for...
  4. Update KB5001330 is causing too many issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update KB5001330 is causing too many issues: Hi,The windows security roll up update KB 5001330 is causing too many FPS drops and crashes across a lot of games and softwares I have been using. I am unable to uninstall it using DISM and WUSA, and dism list packages says it is 'pending install' so neither does it install...
  5. Windows Update Will Not Complete KB5001330

Windows Update Will Not Complete KB5001330: Hello,Thank you for answering my question,Last week I tried to get the latest Windows update KB5001330 to complete its install. It would download, install and then reboot. On reboot it would go in to the blue screen and then the percent counter would tart to state the...
  6. KB5001330 update

KB5001330 update: Hello sir/ma'm , The latest update KB5001330 dropped FPS on lot of games that I was playing and I cannot seems to be able to uninstall it , I tried to uninstall from couple ways , advanced restart options, settings and control panel , command prompt on administrator mode ,...
  7. VPN Issue with update KB5001330 - Global Protect

VPN Issue with update KB5001330 - Global Protect: Hi there, we're facing an issue after KB5001330 update installs on windows 10 clients. Global Protect agent takes 5-10 minutes to connect to portal, showing too many retries to query dns. Anyone had any issue with dns with this update? We tried uninstalling and it fixed...
  8. Windows 10 KB4592438: Watch out for these issues in the latest update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4592438: Watch out for these issues in the latest update: With Windows 10 KB4592438 cumulative update, Microsoft has delivered a fix for a highly frustrating ‘Blue Screen of Death’ bug that has been crashing PCs with Intel NVMe SSDs drives since May. Unfortunately, the update comes with multiple issues, according to user reports on...
  9. Watch out for latest Firefox vulnerability

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Watch out for latest Firefox vulnerability: Worldfence published an article about latest Firefox 0-day vulnerability... If you use Firefox, we recommend you temporarily switch browsers to Chrome, Safari or a non-firefox based browser that is secure until the Firefox dev team can release an update. The...
  10. Watch out for the updates !

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Watch out for the updates !: I finally got W10 running smooth and was starting to really like it. Then the first 'update' came down the chute. I didn't even have a chance to get around to thinking about stopping that auto update before it happened. WHAM ! Bricked for the second time. I am using Norton...