Windows 10: Windows 10 KB5005033 is causing new issues for some users

Discus and support Windows 10 KB5005033 is causing new issues for some users in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10’s default Alt-Tab functionality appears to be partially broken for some users after the release of two updates – July 2021 preview and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 17, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 KB5005033 is causing new issues for some users

Windows 10’s default Alt-Tab functionality appears to be partially broken for some users after the release of two updates – July 2021 preview and August 2021 Patch Tuesday. While the July 2021 preview (KB5004296) was optional, KB5005033 (August 2021 update) is a mandatory security patch designed to fix the remaining gaming problems.

Unfortunately, KB5005033 breaks Windows 10’s Alt-Tab feature for some users. As you’re probably familiar, Alt+Tab usage is pretty basic – just press the Alt-Tab together, and then keep pressing the Tab key to scroll through your open windows. When the key is released, the highlighted window opens.

After the August 2021 update and July 2021 preview, some users have observed problems when they used Alt-Tab to switch between apps and games. If you use Alt+Tab out of the game or return to the game using Alt+Tab, Windows would flash the user back to the desktop.

Users had reported the same Alt-Tab issues after they installed the July 2021 cumulative preview update last month.

“It breaks Alt-Tab switching games that run in “full screen” mode. Switching to such games gives you a black screen and no way to return to the game. Again uninstalling this update reverts to normal working behaviour,” one user noted in the Feedback Hub.

“Furthermore, Windows 10 under this update sometimes Alt-Tabs out of the fullscreen game immediately after starting up the game from Steam. Basically, the fullscreen game now starts up minimized on my taskbar. If I try to click the game to go to its fullscreen mode, Win10 immediately alt-tabs from the fullscreen and I’m back to square one,” another user noted.

How to fix KB5005033 issues

Fortunately, there’s a workaround. To fix Alt-Tab issues caused by KB5005033, users can disable News and Interest feed by following these steps:

• Right-click anywhere on the taskbar.
    • Scroll up to the ‘News and interests’ menu item.
    • Select ‘Turn off’.

News widget should be gone from your taskbar and Alt-Tab will start working again. If you do not see the News and Interests option, make sure that your taskbar is pinned to the bottom when you right-click.

To turn the news widget back on, repeat the steps.

You can also uninstall the cumulative update and address the problem. To remove the patch, use these steps:

• Navigate to Update & Security.
    • On the next screen, click on View update history.
    • If you see Uninstall updates. Click on it.
    • This will take you to the Control Panel, where you need to select the KB update and click on uninstall button.

Once done, pause the updates for a few weeks or until the next optional patch, which is expected to land later this month.

The post Windows 10 KB5005033 is causing new issues for some users appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 17, 2021

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Aug 17, 2021
  3. New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Aug 17, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 KB5005033 is causing new issues for some users - Similar Threads - KB5005033 causing issues

2. Windows 10 KB5026361 May 2023 Update is causing issues for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5026361 May 2023 Update is causing issues for some users: Windows 10 KB5026361 (May 2023 Update) is a mess and causing many issues for some configurations. Several readers have contacted us to say they have been experiencing problems after installing Windows 10 May 2023 Update. According to reports, the latest Windows 10 update,...
  3. KB5005033 - Printing Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5005033 - Printing Issues: Windows installed this update and I cannot un-install it. An error has occurred. Not all updates were successfully uninstalled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb5005033-printing-issues/93c97d77-a4b6-4ef8-900c-1ae22cd9c0e3
  4. KB5005033 - Printing Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5005033 - Printing Issues: Windows installed this update and I cannot un-install it. An error has occurred. Not all updates were successfully uninstalled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb5005033-printing-issues/93c97d77-a4b6-4ef8-900c-1ae22cd9c0e3
  5. KB5005033 - Printing Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows 10 KB5004945 is causing major issues for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5004945 is causing major issues for some users: Microsoft recently started rolling out Windows 10 KB5004945 emergency update to fix the PrintNightmare bug, but it appears to be causing serious problems for the printers of some users out there, according to various reports on social media platforms and our forums....
  7. The latest Windows 10 update is causing new issues for some users

in Windows 10 News
    The latest Windows 10 update is causing new issues for some users: The latest update for Windows 10 is reportedly causing issues with the system backup tool called ‘File History’ for a small subset of users. In addition to backup issues, users are also finding that the update breaks their webcam, crashes apps, and fails to install in some...
  8. Windows 10 updates are causing major issues for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 updates are causing major issues for some users: Windows 10 May 2020 Update and June 2020 cumulative updates are causing a host of problems yet again, with users reporting several issues including problems with Google Chrome and desktop UI over the past few days. Windows 10 May 2020 Update, also known as version 2004, has...
  9. Windows 10 KB4541335 causes new problems for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4541335 causes new problems for some users: Patch Tuesday was on March 10 and cumulative updates for all supported versions of Windows were published. After May 2019 Update release, it’s common for Microsoft to publish mid-stream optional updates for Windows 10 version 1909, 1903, 1809 and other supported versions with...
  10. Windows 10 KB4551762 causing major issues for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4551762 causing major issues for some users: For most people, Windows 10’s latest update simply won’t be an issue. However, a number of users running Windows 10 KB4551762 found that their PCs appears to have slowed down and some have also noticed an abnormal hike in CPU/disk usage. Last week, details of a security...