Windows 10: Windows 10 KB5014023 released, install the update for performance and fixes

Discus and support Windows 10 KB5014023 released, install the update for performance and fixes in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 KB5014023 is now available for users in the production channel as an optional update. The optional update doesn’t come with new features for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 2, 2022.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 KB5014023 released, install the update for performance and fixes

Windows 10 KB5014023 is now available for users in the production channel as an optional update. The optional update doesn’t come with new features for the OS and it’s available via the Settings app. As always, you can download the offline installer of Windows 10 KB5014023 to install the patch without running into Windows Update issues.

KB5014023 won’t install automatically and there’s a reason why it is marked as a ‘preview’ cumulative update. Optional updates come with specific non-security fixes and you should only install these updates if you immediately need bug fixes contained in the patch.

In other words, it’s generally a good idea to avoid installing these optional updates unless you have a good reason to do so. If your computer is working properly and you do not have the issues mentioned in the release notes below, you should not install any of these optional updates.

If you do have a problem that’s mentioned in the release notes, but you can wait until the next Patch Tuesday update, you should wait. That’s the advice we’re giving based on our analysis of previous optional updates and it’s the same advice the company gives to enterprises. However, generally optional updates are stable for most configurations.

If you check for updates today, you will see the following patch under the optional updates section:

2022-05 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5014023)

Windows 10 KB5014023 released, install the update for performance and fixes Windows-10-KB5014023.jpg

Download Links for Windows 10 KB5014023

Windows 10 KB5014023 Direct Download Links: 64-bit and 32-bit (x86).

Windows 10 KB5014023 (Build 19044.1741) Full Changelog

As part of Windows 10’s May 2022 optional update, Microsoft is updating the built-in sorting feature which should address the sorting issue that could affect Japanese half-width katakana.

Another bug has been fixed that could have prevented enrollment by disconnecting from the internet.

Microsoft has also patched an issue that might run AnyCPU app as a 32-bit process and another bug has been fixed where adding a trusted user, group, or computer will fail with an error message stating “The object selected doesn’t match the type of destination source”.

The aforementioned bug fixes are aimed at enterprises, but Microsoft has fixed a number of issues that would directly affect consumers.

For example, Windows 10 Build 19044.1741 has fixed an issue that causes file copying to be slower than usual. Copying files between partitions or drives is essential for anyone, but a bug in the OS has been slowing down the copying process.

Microsoft says a wrong calculation of write buffers within cache manager has been causing issues for users and it has been fixed in this release.

Likewise, a rare issue that crashes Excel and Outlook has been fixed in the update. A related memory leak bug has been fixed as well.

Here’s a list of bug fixes in Windows 10 Build 19044.1682:

• Microsoft has fixed an issue that affects the Internet Explorer mode window frame.
    • Microsoft has fixed an issue that prevents internet shortcuts from updating on Windows.
    • Microsoft has fixed an issue that causes print failures when a low integrity level (LowIL).
    • Microsoft has fixed an issue that might affect the reliability of the terminal Services Gateway (TS Gateway) service.
    • Microsoft has fixed an issue where the system would stop responding if a user signs out of a Microsoft OneDrive account in use.
    • Microsoft has fixed an issue where BitLocker encryption won’t work on a device that uses the silent encryption option.
    • Microsoft has fixed an issue that affects the mouse cursor within Microsoft Defender Application Guard (MDAG), Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Edge. This bug is apparently linked to a feature called virtual graphics processing unit (GPU) which is apparently optional and the bug isn’t widespread as it might sound.
    • Microsoft has fixed an issue that causes a yellow exclamation point to display in Device Manager. This bug is apparently hitting Bluetooth remote devices that have Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP).

In addition to the above bug fixes, Microsoft has also patched an issue where users cannot recover their operating system using recovery discs (CD or DVD), especially if you created them using Windows 7-era Backup and Restore functionality in Control Panel.

A widespread issue that affects certain GPUs and crashes apps that depend on Direct3D 9 has been fixed. Your apps should no longer crash after deploying the cumulative update, according to Microsoft’s release notes.

There’s another important bug related to the performance of the issue. As per the release notes, Microsoft has fixed an issue where Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) provider (ClustWMI.dll) causes high CPU usage.

The post Windows 10 KB5014023 released, install the update for performance and fixes appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 2, 2022

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jun 2, 2022
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jun 2, 2022
  4. Windows 10 KB5014023 released, install the update for performance and fixes

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 2, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 KB5014023 released, install the update for performance and fixes

1. Windows 10 KB5014023 released, install the update for performance and fixes - Similar Threads - KB5014023 released install

2. KB5014023 issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5014023 issues: Hello can you please help KB5014023 updates and installs successfully however as soon as you perform a disk cleanup the install will install again and again and update the date and time. If you cancel it it will show both successful and failed. What can cause this?...
  3. KB5014023 issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5014023 issues: Hello can you please help KB5014023 updates and installs successfully however as soon as you perform a disk cleanup the install will install again and again and update the date and time. If you cancel it it will show both successful and failed. What can cause this?...
  4. KB5014023 issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Trouble installing KB5014023 Code 0x8007000d

Trouble installing KB5014023 Code 0x8007000d: I received several updates today namely KB5013887 NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 and NVIDIA - Display - Driver 30.0.15.1252 which installed fine and KB2267602 Security Intelligence Update for Win Defender Antivirus. I also got a Optional Cumulative Update KB5014023 which failed to...
  6. Having trouble installing KB5014023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble installing KB5014023: I received several updates today namely KB5013887 NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 and NVIDIA - Display - Driver 30.0.15.1252 which installed fine and KB2267602 Security Intelligence Update for Win Defender Antivirus. I also got a Optional Cumulative Update KB5014023 which failed to...
  7. Having trouble installing KB5014023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having trouble installing KB5014023: I received several updates today namely KB5013887 NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 and NVIDIA - Display - Driver 30.0.15.1252 which installed fine and KB2267602 Security Intelligence Update for Win Defender Antivirus. I also got a Optional Cumulative Update KB5014023 which failed to...
  8. Having trouble installing KB5014023

9. Windows 10 KB5004296 (21H1, 20H2) released with performance fixes

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5004296 (21H1, 20H2) released with performance fixes: Windows 10 KB5004296 is now rolling out to version 21H1, v20H2, and v2004 via Windows Update. As always, Microsoft has also published the direct download links for Windows 10 KB5004296 offline installers, allowing users to install the patch without checking for updates using...
  10. Windows 10 Updates - Downloading, Installation, performance issues, and testing before release

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Updates - Downloading, Installation, performance issues, and testing before release: Dear Microsoft, I have been a user of Windows for decades since Windows 2 and even though I have had issues at times with Windows, I must say Windows 10 updates are the most frustrating experience I have had with Microsoft products. I have a new computer and today it wanted...