Windows 10: Windows 10 keep adding UK keyboard

Discus and support Windows 10 keep adding UK keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm getting really frustrated lately with this and I would love some help on how to get rid of this problem. I have installed Windows 10 with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nitro912gr, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 keep adding UK keyboard

Hello, I'm getting really frustrated lately with this and I would love some help on how to get rid of this problem.

I have installed Windows 10 with EN US language support and added the Greek keyboard language pack installed but default is the EN US for everything else, from time to time with no apparent reason windows decide to add one more EN keyboard, the UK one so when I try to switch languages in keyboard I have to circle through one more keyboard, something that is slowing down my typing considerable because I write a lot of mixed languages while I type.

The whole thing is going away after a restart but I usually notice when I have already started my daily workflow and I have to go through a big deal to close everything and reopen to get back at the same state I was.

Any idea what I can do? This is going on for years and first I had EN UK as system language and windows where adding the EN US... so I said if windows like the EN US so much I should switch and so I did and now windows add the EN UK? WTH windows are trolling me?

:)

nitro912gr, Jul 3, 2020
  2. GVRT Win User

Windows keeps adding UK Keyboard

Windows 10 seems to keep adding the UK keyboard layout, whereas I have a US-international keyboard. It randomly switches to the UK version which is deadly annoying (no more dead keys which are needed in many European languages, and special characters change
    places). The keyboard cannot be removed the normal way (under language settings; it doesn't even appear there, only in the language toolbar in the notification area). I have at some point read a complex way of removing it, which I did, but now it is back again.
    Can I somehow stop this behaviour? Thanks.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers]

GVRT, Jul 3, 2020
  3. keith_uk Win User
    Install UK Extended keyboard [ENG UKX] and remove UK keyboard [ENG UK]

Hi John,

I think maybe uploaded the wrong screen shot. I had been playing around with the adding and removing the UK keyboard as well as the extended keyboard.

The current situation is that I can remove the UK keyboard and then I only see the two options, UK Extended and Thai, as required.

However, the UK keyboard periodically reappears in the win+space list. When that happens, if go to the language options it is not displayed under the input options list (even though it appears win+space list). To fix it, I have to add the UK keyboard, then
    delete it.

keith_uk, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Vilis16 Win User

Windows 10 keep adding UK keyboard

English (UK) keeps coming back to my keyboard

I'd set Greek and Japanese as the only languages in my keyboard because Japanese has built-in English typing as well, then set Greek as my default language. After the latest update, the English (UK) language keeps popping up in my keyboard languages and
    doesn't show up in the list for me to remove it. I can temporarily remove it by adding the language myself, then removing it from the list, but it shows up again the next time I start Windows.

Vilis16, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 keep adding UK keyboard

1. Windows 10 keep adding UK keyboard - Similar Threads - keep adding keyboard

2. windows keeps adding keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows keeps adding keyboard layouts: How do I stop this from happening? I just want to have "eng us international" and "eng us", how do i permanently remove the other ones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-keeps-adding-keyboard-layouts/c3e0ee75-082d-4ef9-a766-dfcdea8fdfc8
  3. windows keeps adding keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows keeps adding keyboard layouts: How do I stop this from happening? I just want to have "eng us international" and "eng us", how do i permanently remove the other ones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-keeps-adding-keyboard-layouts/c3e0ee75-082d-4ef9-a766-dfcdea8fdfc8
  4. My windows 11 keeps adding English UK to my keyboard layouts after each restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 11 keeps adding English UK to my keyboard layouts after each restart: https://imgur.com/a/noI8QeKWhat am I missing here? As you can see clearly from the pictures every single place that controls language input has no English UK showing, yet my keyboard layout has it as an option every time I restart. The only temporary fix I have is install...
  5. Windows 10 keeps adding russian keyboard.

Windows 10 keeps adding russian keyboard.: Hi all!I'm using 2 keyboards, English and Ukrainian. However, occasionally I can see russian keyboard being added by the OS for no reason.I keep removing it, I even tried to remove it through the registry editor, but in a few days, russian keyboard is back on the language...
  6. Windows 10 keeps adding russian keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps adding russian keyboard.: Hi all!I'm using 2 keyboards, English and Ukrainian. However, occasionally I can see russian keyboard being added by the OS for no reason.I keep removing it, I even tried to remove it through the registry editor, but in a few days, russian keyboard is back on the language...
  7. UK KEYBOARD !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UK KEYBOARD !: Hi, was using my laptop this morning and realised the two keys @ and " where the opposite away around ! I clicked on the icon in the taskbar and it was showing "English united states US keyboard. I changed back to UK keyboard and everything OK again. When I turn the laptop...
  8. UK KEYBOARD !

UK KEYBOARD !: Hi, was using my laptop this morning and realised the two keys @ and " where the opposite away around ! I clicked on the icon in the taskbar and it was showing "English united states US keyboard. I changed back to UK keyboard and everything OK again. When I turn the laptop...
  9. UK KEYBOARD !

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Windows 10 keyboard US UK

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keyboard US UK: I have a Lenovo Idealpad 205 which I am using in the UK with Windows 10 op system. It has recently developed a problem with the keyboard settings and the @ symbol has now displaced the " symbol. Is this because it has defaulted to a US setting ? or something else. Does...