Windows 10: Windows 10 keep crashing when i shut down or restart my laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 keep crashing when i shut down or restart my laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, i am using a windows 10 laptop, i had recently been messing around with different sata drivers for my series 7 hard drive controller, i dont know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by james1981, Nov 13, 2016.

1. james1981 Win User

Windows 10 keep crashing when i shut down or restart my laptop

Hi, i am using a windows 10 laptop, i had recently been messing around with different sata drivers for my series 7 hard drive controller, i dont know if its linked but my laptop recently has been crashing anytime i restart or shut down the laptop, it will go to a sort of bsod screen which looks slightly different in windows 10, but says my laptop has crashed and will restart on its own, sometimes i am having to press the power button in a few secs to get it to shut off.

any ideas at all?

james

:)

james1981, Nov 13, 2016
  2. PawanZZ Win User

Stop code : Bad pool header : windows 10

The lenovo with windows 10 did a shard disk scan a couple of days back and gave a OK report.

Today my laptop crashed with Stop code - bad pool header.

Now the laptop is not shutting down. When i go to the windows icon and click on shut down, the screen goes blank but the power button light stays on. To shut it i have to keep it pressed for a long time .

PawanZZ, Nov 13, 2016
  3. AnsariN Win User
    Blue Screen Error- KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE in windows 10 .

hI,

After upgrading to windows 10, my computer has been crashing several times ,specially when I start or restart it.also in the middle of some work the screen goes blue and I get the message that windows encountered some problem and needs to restart. but it
    gets stuck at 100% and I have to manually shut down the laptop and start it again, only to find the same error.

-- - > The description of the error on the blue screen - KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE.

Please help me with this as my Laptop keeps crashing over and over again.

AnsariN, Nov 13, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 keep crashing when i shut down or restart my laptop

1. Windows 10 keep crashing when i shut down or restart my laptop - Similar Threads - keep crashing shut

2. Wen i restart or shut down my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wen i restart or shut down my laptop: Windows Script HostScript: C:\Users\aloqa\AppData\Local\Updates\Run.vbsLine Line: 31Char: 1Operation did not complete successfully becauseError: the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.Code: 800700E1 Source:null...
  3. Wen i restart or shut down my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wen i restart or shut down my laptop: Windows Script HostScript: C:\Users\aloqa\AppData\Local\Updates\Run.vbsLine Line: 31Char: 1Operation did not complete successfully becauseError: the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.Code: 800700E1 Source:null...
  4. My laptop keeps crashing when I shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps crashing when I shut down: My laptop keeps crashing when I shut down. I have tried every solution I found online like turning off fast startup and updating drivers but nothing seems to work. I have found the crash dump file MEMORY.DMP and it's almost 2 GB in size. I don't know what to do if anyone can...
  5. My laptop keeps crashing when I shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps crashing when I shut down: My laptop keeps crashing when I shut down. I have tried every solution I found online like turning off fast startup and updating drivers but nothing seems to work. I have found the crash dump file MEMORY.DMP and it's almost 2 GB in size. I don't know what to do if anyone can...
  6. My laptop keeps crashing when I shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows shut down and restart automatically when I turn on my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows shut down and restart automatically when I turn on my laptop: HelloWhen I press power on button in my laptop, It start for 1 second and accidentally shutting down giving a sound in laptopsound like clicking sound in hard disk and it restart automatically within 2-3 seconds. After that laptop operates normally. This process also happens...
  8. My laptop restarts after I shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop restarts after I shut down: I tried the solution given in this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-restarts-automatically-after-shutdown/d975e3ec-4944-4849-9596-e2429246f48a I did steps 1 and 2 but could not find the power management tab as mentioned in step 3. My laptop...
  9. restarts when shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    restarts when shut down: I have a problem with shutdown my laptop restarts whenever I shutdown or power off my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restarts-when-shut-down/a2cc7d92-bc0e-4838-85af-70e1ca295558
  10. My laptop shuts down when i click on restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop shuts down when i click on restart: I am using lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Whenever I click on restart it shuts down the laptop. I have to press Power on button in order to start it.. How do i fix it?...