Windows 10: Windows 10 keep restarting over app installation.

Discus and support Windows 10 keep restarting over app installation. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As per title, apparently since i upgraded to windows 10, whenever i install app that ask/required for the system to reboot to finish up installation,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Neikichi, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Neikichi Win User

Windows 10 keep restarting over app installation.

As per title, apparently since i upgraded to windows 10, whenever i install app that ask/required for the system to reboot to finish up installation, windows 10 doesn't pop out the "Windows need to restart etc..bla bla, Yes / NO " dialog box. it just auto restart as per the application need i guess.. is there anyway to make window 10 to ask for my permission to restart instead of just restarting on its own.. its annoying.. thanks.

:)

Neikichi, Nov 2, 2015

2. installing free upgrade windows 10

Upgrade to Windows 10 is ready on my PC (win 8.1) and asks me to restart, I have restart many times but the installation will not begin, it just keeps on asking me over and over to restart. The restart process goes OK and still takes me to my Windows 8.1.
    How can I get the installation of Win 10 to begin?

kimberlyferrell_736, Nov 2, 2015
  3. crissea Win User
    Keeps restarting to finish installing 2018-02 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 KB4074588 22

My computer keeps restarting to finish installing 2018-02 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4074588) (22) over and over again for about 5 days now. After each restart I look at View installed update history and it says
    "Requires a restart to finish installing". I am not tech savvy. Is there anything I can do to help this update install successfully or stop it from restarting over and over again. The security Update 2018-023 installed successfully on 2/7/18. Thanks!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

crissea, Nov 2, 2015
  4. Windows 10 keep restarting over app installation.

Wow. That's annoying and I'm sure it's a bug. If it is, then no, you cannot set the permissions.

AbAppletic, Nov 2, 2015
  5. Neikichi Win User
    Yes it is annoying.. if there really nothing can be done then w10 already bad in my opinion..

Neikichi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 keep restarting over app installation.

1. Windows 10 keep restarting over app installation. - Similar Threads - keep restarting app

2. Windows 11 Clean install restarts over and over.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Clean install restarts over and over.: I was on windows i11 nsider developer and the only way to get off of it was to do a clean install. I used the windows 11 media creation tool to make install media and did the install. Now the install seems to get all the way through to updates but never finishes. It just goes...
  3. Windows 11 Clean install restarts over and over.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Clean install restarts over and over.: I was on windows i11 nsider developer and the only way to get off of it was to do a clean install. I used the windows 11 media creation tool to make install media and did the install. Now the install seems to get all the way through to updates but never finishes. It just goes...
  4. KB5034123 installed but keeps trying to install over and over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5034123 installed but keeps trying to install over and over: This update has messed my system - I now have glitching audio and wifi issues ever since this update has been installed and yet the system is still trying to install it. How to uninstall it or clear the cache/log/registry to remove the failed versions?...
  5. KB5034123 installed but keeps trying to install over and over

KB5034123 installed but keeps trying to install over and over: This update has messed my system - I now have glitching audio and wifi issues ever since this update has been installed and yet the system is still trying to install it. How to uninstall it or clear the cache/log/registry to remove the failed versions?...
  6. windows 10 keep restarting over and over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 keep restarting over and over: This issue happens more frequently now. I having issue using my computer since it's restarting over and over after the screen stucks. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-keep-restarting-over-and-over/62787b8e-b5de-4891-a7a5-c76529df017a
  7. windows 10 keep restarting over and over

windows 10 keep restarting over and over: This issue happens more frequently now. I having issue using my computer since it's restarting over and over after the screen stucks. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-keep-restarting-over-and-over/62787b8e-b5de-4891-a7a5-c76529df017a
  8. windows 10 keep restarting over and over

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. windows 10 - explorer restart over and over and over :-(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 - explorer restart over and over and over :-(: Hello, I installed Windows 10 recently, and the file manager in case the explorer has a problem, I open it and click on some areas with documents and images it opens and reads normally, but when I go to downloads or quick access the explorer is read and takes a long time and...
  10. Windows 10 Restarts Over and Over During Final Steps of Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Restarts Over and Over During Final Steps of Installation: Summery: I think I ccleaned something important. Under ccleaner I clicked Clear: Windows event logs,Wipe Free Space, Tray Notification Cache, Menu Order Cache, Old Prefetch Data, Environmental Path. Along with the basics such as brower cache. After a restart, entire...