Windows 10: Windows 10 Keeps Asking Me To Activate

Discus and support Windows 10 Keeps Asking Me To Activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased a digital copy of Windows 10 directly from Microsft in 2019, and it has been working great until recently. Honestly, its still working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by IraWest, May 28, 2020.

1. IraWest Win User

Windows 10 Keeps Asking Me To Activate

I purchased a digital copy of Windows 10 directly from Microsft in 2019, and it has been working great until recently. Honestly, its still working fine, it's just that in the bottom right hand part of the screen, a message appears and has started to ask me to activate every few days. I go to the activate page in settings and there is no option to activate. Finally I clicked the troubleshoot activation link, and it activated the license again. Problem is that I have to keep doing this every few days. I am running Windows 10 on a 27 inch iMac. I didn't like ios, so i got rid of it all together, and just run Windows 10 on it alone. No dual boot, no vm, just Windows 10. There have been no hardware changes or anything like that. Nothings changed, and it's run flawlessly until now. Anyone have any ideas on whats causing this? Thanks.

Windows 10 Keeps Asking Me To Activate [​IMG]Windows 10 Keeps Asking Me To Activate [​IMG]Windows 10 Keeps Asking Me To Activate [​IMG]

:)

IraWest, May 28, 2020

2. How to format hard drive and still keep windows 10?

1) Verify it is activated by right-clicking on the start button, selecting System, scroll down to the bottom, and it should say "Windows is activated." If it does not, make sure the computer has internet access, click on activate windows now and then close it when it asks for a key. Let it sit there for a few minutes and it should switch to activated. Microsoft now has a hardware ID for you Windows 7 upgrade.

2) Install Windows 10 from the install media (likely one of the ISOs). Make sure the ISO matches what was originally installed and activated. For example, don't use a Win 10 Pro ISO to install Win 10 Home. It won't work activate.

3) Once you get back into Windows, repeat step #1 when the system has internet access. It should automatically grab the key and activate.

Windows 10 can install without a key. It just assumes trial mode if you do.

FordGT90Concept, May 28, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 28, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, May 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Keeps Asking Me To Activate - Similar Threads - Keeps Asking Activate

2. Why windows11 keeps asking me to activate windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why windows11 keeps asking me to activate windows: I was using a genuine version of windows 10 and after upgrading to windows 11 it keeps asking activation keys. Iam using intel i7 10th gen processor. Any time a pop up window comes and ask me to activate windows and when i open it it shows your window is activated. It is...
  3. Why windows11 keeps asking me to activate windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why windows11 keeps asking me to activate windows: I was using a genuine version of windows 10 and after upgrading to windows 11 it keeps asking activation keys. Iam using intel i7 10th gen processor. Any time a pop up window comes and ask me to activate windows and when i open it it shows your window is activated. It is...
  4. laptop asking me to activate windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    laptop asking me to activate windows.: My HP Elitebook 840 G6 has decided that it has had enough of it's windows 10 pro activation and has decided that I need to activate windows again. I have tried contacting HP Support, they suggested that I should try reinstalling it using some proprietary reinstaller that...
  5. Windows 10 is activated but still keeps asking for Activation

Windows 10 is activated but still keeps asking for Activation: my windows is activated by a digital license linked to my microsoft account. but still continued to receive a message saying that windows is not activated....
  6. Windows 10 keeps asking to be activated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps asking to be activated: Not sure if I need to post this here or in /r/techsupport , but here goes: Since a week my Windows 10 gives the message: "Windows 10 is not activated, please activate now." I then go to settings and select "fix this problem." Windows activates itself again and it says...
  7. Windows 10 Enterprise keeps asking for activation

Windows 10 Enterprise keeps asking for activation: Hi, I'm on an Office365 E5 subscription. I activated my laptop successfully to Windows 10 Enterprise and it shows in the Activation pan of the Settings app: [ATTACH] However, every single time I open Settings, I get a reminder to activate Windows. The computer is...
  8. Windows is asking me to activate?

Windows is asking me to activate?: Hello, yesterday I got a brand new motherboard, cpu, and decided to start all over so Windows could be on an SSD. I already had the usb boot for it so once it was good to go I downloaded Windows and it didn't show anything for a day so I thought it was good. But I woke up...
  9. Windows asking me to activate

Windows asking me to activate: Soo kind of a long story. I had windows 10 installed on my hard drive that was upgraded from the windows 7 that was originally installed on the hard drive from my years ago. I recently decided to get a new motherboard and with the old motherboard i put together a second pc...
  10. Existing home computer keeps asking me to Activate Windows 10

Existing home computer keeps asking me to Activate Windows 10: My home computer I've had for years is asking me to activate Windows 10. Several months ago, Microsoft Support helped with another problem and remotely had to reinstall Win10 Creators update. Went well for 3 months but now computer is acting wonky and keeps asking for...