Windows 10: Windows 10 Keeps asking me to Restart Computer after update to Edge

Discus and support Windows 10 Keeps asking me to Restart Computer after update to Edge in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 version 2004, today in the Updates there was Edge Browser which it downloaded, installed and asked to restart computer. I Shut it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by arc1950, Jun 25, 2020.

1. arc1950 Win User

Windows 10 Keeps asking me to Restart Computer after update to Edge

I am using Windows 10 version 2004, today in the Updates there was Edge Browser which it downloaded, installed and asked to restart computer. I Shut it Down as I had to go out, on returning and switching on the computer, it said a restart was required so I clicked the "Restart Now" button, it restarted and again it said a restart was required. I restarted 4 or 5 times and still the same message.

I cannot uninstall the update as it says a restart is required to install it and Edge it is not in my list of programs to be uninstalled. I've gone to Apps in Settings to try and uninstall it there but the Uninstall button is greyed out, I've clicked the Modify button, it gives the warning message "Do you want to allows this app to change setting on your computer" I answer Yes but nothing happens.

I downloaded Edge from the Microsoft site and installed it but still it keeps asking me to restart computer.

I have reinstalled Windows 10 2004 from an ISO file and still it says a restart is required and in Updates it says Edge Browser is "awaiting a restart".

I have run the Troubleshooter in Setting and it says there are no problems.

I can run the Edge Browser it's version 83.0.476.58.

How can I remove the message "awaiting a restart" for Edge Browser in Updates and stop it asking me to restart my computer?

:)

arc1950, Jun 25, 2020
  2. Haksery Win User

Windows 10 update being enabled.

Anyway , You are luckier than me. My computer was locked directly after updated to Windows 10 . but the solution is easy.

Haksery, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 25, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Windows 10 Keeps asking me to Restart Computer after update to Edge :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Keeps asking me to Restart Computer after update to Edge - Similar Threads - Keeps asking Restart

2. Windows update not installed and keeps asked for restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update not installed and keeps asked for restart: I have an issue with some PCs which have MECM client and it's manage the updatesthey keeps asking for restart after install windows update but after restart the update were not installed and asking for restart again over and over without any succeed with install the updateI...
  3. Windows update not installed and keeps asked for restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update not installed and keeps asked for restart: I have an issue with some PCs which have MECM client and it's manage the updatesthey keeps asking for restart after install windows update but after restart the update were not installed and asking for restart again over and over without any succeed with install the updateI...
  4. Windows update not installed and keeps asked for restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows keeps telling me to restart the computer after installing system update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps telling me to restart the computer after installing system update: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 3i. Yesterday I reinstalled Windows 11 and today I ran Windows Update and it told me it had a Lenovo system optional update, so I installed it. When I restarted my computer, it showed me this notification:I know it is in Spanish but it says it needs to...
  6. Windows keeps telling me to restart the computer after installing system update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps telling me to restart the computer after installing system update: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 3i. Yesterday I reinstalled Windows 11 and today I ran Windows Update and it told me it had a Lenovo system optional update, so I installed it. When I restarted my computer, it showed me this notification:I know it is in Spanish but it says it needs to...
  7. Windows 10 keeps restarting after updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keeps restarting after updates: I am using "Windows 10.0.18363 Build 18363 Professional". If I don't have to use it for business reasons, I will switch to another operating system immediately. Because some genius minds thought that keep force closing all my running applications and force restarting my own...
  8. my computer keep asking me to shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my computer keep asking me to shutdown: my computer keep asking me to shutdown once it does that it close what i was doing then ask me that window 10 Lenovo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keep-asking-me-to-shutdown/9ffe92dc-657a-4801-abbe-542aba8b4aa1
  9. Computer keeps "needing to restart" after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps "needing to restart" after update: Three days ago an update slipped through and since then my desktop has been suddenly going to a blue screen with a big "frown face" telling me there is an error and my computer has to restart. I have had this computer for a little less than a year and I have never had any...
  10. computer keeps asking me to restart computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer keeps asking me to restart computer: how do I solve this problem only happened since the april update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/computer-keeps-asking-me-to-restart-computer/56dfd0ca-550d-45d1-8f86-f31e4b8e615b