Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps asking to be activated even though already activated

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps asking to be activated even though already activated in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Maybe a week or two ago my windows started showing the "Activate windows" watermark. In the settings it said I was already activated. Even so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Znookey, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Znookey Win User

Windows 10 keeps asking to be activated even though already activated

Maybe a week or two ago my windows started showing the "Activate windows" watermark.

In the settings it said I was already activated. Even so I acquired my licence code through the cmd window, clicked "change product code" and typed it in. This fixed the issue for a little bit.

Ever since the watermark pops up at irregular intervals and requires me to reenter my product code.

Any clue what the issue might be or a solution to it?

:)

Znookey, Oct 3, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 a while back and it will not activate. I didn't do a clean install from Windows 7/8/8.1 it was from Windows 10 (activated) so I expected it to activate just fine since it was fine before hand.

My Windows 10 license wasn't created from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 key I got it from signing up to be an insider back in Nov of 2014. I installed a preview build on my laptop from the insider program and it worked just fine and it automatically upgraded to newer and newer preview builds and then to the full release automatically, fully activated and working fine. I did a full clean install not long ago (expect it to go through without issue since it was working before) and now it will not activate and I can't find any info on how to get it to activate and I can't seem to find the insider Windows 10 key.

Microsoft online support was useless and the gave me the toll free number to tech support.. I am currently on the phone waiting, they said it could be a 1hr 30min wait.. sigh.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LightningJR, Oct 3, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

This kinda sucks. However, if one is upgrading from a retail W7/8, then it should activate on different hardware, with possible phone activation required if it's been over 120 days or whatever the timeout period is now since the last activation. Remember to erase the copy on the old hardware, of course.

qubit, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 keeps asking to be activated even though already activated - Similar Threads - keeps asking activated

2. Windows 11 keeps asking to be activated even though it has been.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps asking to be activated even though it has been.: I got a pre built a while ago and now it is asking me to reactivate windows 11 home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-keeps-asking-to-be-activated-even/99e9dd9e-0d76-4877-93cf-5728e1600c5d
  3. Windows 11 keeps asking to be activated even though it has been.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keeps asking to be activated even though it has been.: I got a pre built a while ago and now it is asking me to reactivate windows 11 home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-keeps-asking-to-be-activated-even/99e9dd9e-0d76-4877-93cf-5728e1600c5d
  4. Windows 11 keep asking for activation while already activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keep asking for activation while already activated: Hello, Since some days my windows 11 keeps asking me to activate, while I already activated it. Just today, it asked me twice for activation, which I've done like precedent times. Activation is done successfully and then after a while it will ask me again for activation....
  5. Windows 11 keep asking for activation while already activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keep asking for activation while already activated: Hello, Since some days my windows 11 keeps asking me to activate, while I already activated it. Just today, it asked me twice for activation, which I've done like precedent times. Activation is done successfully and then after a while it will ask me again for activation....
  6. Asking to activate windows after already activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Asking to activate windows after already activated: I originally bought a pc with windows 8.1 installed and the product key sticker on the side. I later upgraded to windows 10 for free. I upgraded this pc with a new motherboard some months ago. This week it asked me to active windows again, so I typed in the windows 8.1 key...
  7. Windows 10 asking to activate an already activated key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 asking to activate an already activated key?: I've had this windows 10 pro version a while (upgraded from Windows 8 pro years ago when they were doing promos for 10), but coupel days ago I've had a watermark on my main screen saying to activate windows and go to settings. I tried this and nothing worked. Is this the same...
  8. Windows says "Activate Windows," even though it already is.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows says "Activate Windows," even though it already is.: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/99iuzavakuw51.png?width=316&format=png&auto=webp&s=8a75fa5bc759a340ea8727a285a78d6fccdc9107 submitted by /u/buddieminceraft [link] [comments]...
  9. Activating windows even though it came activated?

Activating windows even though it came activated?: This is a very strange question, I know. About a year and a half ago I upgraded to an SSD to get my games to run faster, and had my friend install it for me. Tonight, I went to go update some settings and realized it said "You need to activate Windows before you can...
  10. Activating Windows 10 even though the information on the OS shows it's already active

Activating Windows 10 even though the information on the OS shows it's already active: My Dell OptiPlex 780 came with Windows 7 installed. I did the free update to Windows 10 back in I believe 2015. My system went down from motherboard failure and I purchased a used Dell OptiPlex 760 and used LapLinks software to move to the existing hard drive in the 760. Now...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. on dell laptop screen shows Activate Windows even though it is already activated

2. already activated windows 10 by phone than did new install

3. windows activated and it keeps asking to be activated