Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps breaking after update

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps breaking after update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Computer Specifications: HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0058wm | HP® Customer Support Hello, I have had this computer for about 3 months and was only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jiku, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Jiku Win User

Windows 10 keeps breaking after update

Computer Specifications: HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0058wm | HP® Customer Support

Hello, I have had this computer for about 3 months and was only used for playing games. It was working well until a windows 10 update. The computer displayed an error and restarted. I don't know what the error message said. From then on the computer would be stuck in a loop of trying to fix windows and restarting after a failed attempt. I was able to get into the recovery console and tried all of the options. The only one that did anything was to reinstall windows. After windows is reinstalled, it works until windows updates again. At this point when the computer will only work until you reboot windows, and then I have to reinstall windows. I can boot into safe mode.

Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing this problem?

Thanks,

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

theres a windows 10 tweak thread started by w1zzard, i suggest keeping all the tweaks in there.

Mussels, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Windows 10 keeps breaking after update

Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps breaking after update

1. Windows 10 keeps breaking after update - Similar Threads - keeps breaking update

2. Windows keeps breaking.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps breaking.: Hi. I'm having severe problems with windows 10. It's running dual booted with Linux mint on my Asus tuf gaming laptop. Like a month ago it started giving me trouble. It just refuse to start. I got the loading screen but as soon as I got to the login screen it froze. If I was...
  3. Windows keeps breaking.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps breaking.: Hi. I'm having severe problems with windows 10. It's running dual booted with Linux mint on my Asus tuf gaming laptop. Like a month ago it started giving me trouble. It just refuse to start. I got the loading screen but as soon as I got to the login screen it froze. If I was...
  4. Windows keeps breaking.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11 PC keeps breaking, usually after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC keeps breaking, usually after an update: Hi there, my girlfriend has a Windows 11 PC that was pre-built.2 times in the past it has done a weird thing where normal microsoft applications and general Windows stuff stops working. For example, the start menu/search bar won’t open, Microsoft To Do or sticky notes doesn’t...
  6. Windows 11 PC keeps breaking, usually after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 PC keeps breaking, usually after an update: Hi there, my girlfriend has a Windows 11 PC that was pre-built.2 times in the past it has done a weird thing where normal microsoft applications and general Windows stuff stops working. For example, the start menu/search bar won’t open, Microsoft To Do or sticky notes doesn’t...
  7. Windows breaking after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows breaking after update: Hi all, really hoping someone can help me with this. Until about a month ago my PC was completely fine, then it said it had to update so I restarted. Only for it to crash during boot sequence. It was obvious that it had completely broken windows since windows went into...
  8. Feature updates keep breaking my Windows 10

Feature updates keep breaking my Windows 10: Every automatic update since last summer has been causing problems for my pc. The first one that failed was Windows 10, version 2004. Now it seems to be Windows 10, version 20H2. I did this pc build in 2018. Here are the parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NGK8Mb Mostly it...
  9. My windows 10 keeps breaking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows 10 keeps breaking: Okay so, My windows just broke for the 213th time yes i counted and im not talking about bluescreens it just BROKE I need a fresh installation, over the past 2 years it has become common for me to do a fresh installation, I formatted the hard disk everytime and installed,...
  10. Windows auto update keeps breaking pc

Windows auto update keeps breaking pc: Every time i get a forced automatic update my pc tells me it ran into a problem and needs to restart, than it uninstalls the update after 4 or 5 restarts and it works. Please does anyone have a fix. submitted by /u/Lightwingames [link] [comments]...