Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps capping my internet speed at around 10mbps.

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps capping my internet speed at around 10mbps. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is starting to get really god damn annoying personally. I've been really irritated with Windows 10 lately and how pathetic its performance is, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SovietComrad, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Windows 10 keeps capping my internet speed at around 10mbps.

This is starting to get really god damn annoying personally. I've been really irritated with Windows 10 lately and how pathetic its performance is, but this is what makes me want to throw my computer into oncoming traffic. I tried doing network resets, the first time it didn't work, the second time IT DID WORK... only to revert back into it's measly 10mbps state. I tried it again, with no avail, and I do not plan on repeating this process over and over on a error that I shouldn't even need to be worrying about. My normal internet speed is around 70-110mbps but after deciding to take care of my computer by updating everything I could (drivers, Windows update, Dell Update, AMD graphics, etc.) this is my reward. I'm currently on Windows 1909, and my Qualcomm driver says it's updated. I don't understand.

submitted by /u/SovietComrad
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SovietComrad, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Upload speed capped on windows 10

Okay so, for some unknown reason, my computer and brand new laptop both running on windows 10 home, are capping my upload speed at 7.9mbps (exactly 0.6mbps from my router's upload sync speed). At first it may seem normal to be running slightly lower than
    the upload sync speed, however on all my mobile phone devices, speed tests show that my phones are reaching between 9-10mbps. The exact same speed tests (And other speed tests) on my computer and new laptop show that the upload speed is being capped at 7.9mbps.

The router is new. I have recently had the line fixed so there's no issue there. The fact that my new out of the box laptop is also capping it makes me believe there's no malware or virus issue going on here. The only thing I have narrowed it down to is
    that Windows itself is capping the speed somehow. I have also tried connecting to the router via ethernet cable however the speed is still capping at 7.9mbps. It is ALWAYS capping 0.6mbps under the sync speed and I'm not sure what is causing it.

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Windows 10 1903 Update Capped my Internet Speed

Prior to the update to 1903,

I have Spectrum Internet and pay for there 400 Mbps connection. Prior to the update to 1903 i would get 350+ Mbps threw fast.com and speedtest, Now after the update it seems the internet test is capped at 150-160 Mbps which is half of what im paying for.

As windows 10 is an OS that is a one time payment I would like to know why an Update has capped my internet speed or why this should even been a problem with an OS Update? From what i've seen searching this is not the first time a windows update has screwed
    with end users internet speeds.

I've tested my laptop which is still running an earlier version of windows 10 prior to the 1903 update and it sees the 400 Mbps speeds, so this is specifically a 1903 Update issue.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Windows 10 keeps capping my internet speed at around 10mbps.

Internet Speed Capped 1mbps Windows 10

Please I need your help okay so my Internet connection plan was 40mbps,and sometimes my internet speed in this laptop is 38-40mbps but sometimes it capped at 1mbps i already try to set as "metered connection" and set limit reversable bandwith to 0 but still
    no changes.

Someone please help me fix this issue,im struggling with this 1mbps speed

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps capping my internet speed at around 10mbps.

1. Windows 10 keeps capping my internet speed at around 10mbps. - Similar Threads - keeps capping internet

2. Internet speed capped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet speed capped: Hello,When i test my internet speed the avarage i get is around 100 Mbit/s. But when i try to download a game on various launchers like Epic, EA or Steam, the download speed is always about 12-15 Mbit/s. I checked if for some reason the limiter for the download speed was...
  3. Internet speed capped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet speed capped: Hello,When i test my internet speed the avarage i get is around 100 Mbit/s. But when i try to download a game on various launchers like Epic, EA or Steam, the download speed is always about 12-15 Mbit/s. I checked if for some reason the limiter for the download speed was...
  4. Internet speed capped at 10mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet speed capped at 10mbps: Before continuing, I warn you that my English is not the best. so i have a plan of internet of 1000mbps, i have an ethernet cable cat 8 of 50 meters, it only works at 70mbps - 100 i have no idea why and currently its working at 10mbps and i have no idea how to fix this, i...
  5. Internet speed capped at 10mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet speed capped at 10mbps: Before continuing, I warn you that my English is not the best. so i have a plan of internet of 1000mbps, i have an ethernet cable cat 8 of 50 meters, it only works at 70mbps - 100 i have no idea why and currently its working at 10mbps and i have no idea how to fix this, i...
  6. Internet speed capped at 10mbps

7. Ethernet speed capped at 10mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet speed capped at 10mbps: Running windows 11 pro. I pay for a 150 download and 40 upload wifi, i have cat 5 running through the house and from the same port and same cable i get 140mbps on my xbox series x. However, on my pc its showing in the control panel that its running at 10mbps as if its capped....
  8. Ethernet speed capped at 10mbps

Ethernet speed capped at 10mbps: Running windows 11 pro. I pay for a 150 download and 40 upload wifi, i have cat 5 running through the house and from the same port and same cable i get 140mbps on my xbox series x. However, on my pc its showing in the control panel that its running at 10mbps as if its capped....
  9. Windows capping internet speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows capping internet speed: Windows is capping my internet speed to 20MBit per second when connected to my routerways i tried connectingNetwork Connection is capped when connected to my Home Network through WiFiNetwork Connection is capped when connected to my Home Network Through mobile hotspot wifi...
  10. Windows capping internet speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows capping internet speed: Windows is capping my internet speed to 20MBit per second when connected to my routerways i tried connectingNetwork Connection is capped when connected to my Home Network through WiFiNetwork Connection is capped when connected to my Home Network Through mobile hotspot wifi...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows upload capping at 100 mbps

2. internet speed capping at 10mbps