Windows 10: Windows 10 Keeps Changing App that PDF Files Open In

Discus and support Windows 10 Keeps Changing App that PDF Files Open In in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; At least once a week I download a PDF File and when I open it, it's in some strange App that has no name. When I try to "Open As" in Adobe, I must... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by w1ksz, Jun 15, 2019.

1. w1ksz Win User

Windows 10 Keeps Changing App that PDF Files Open In

At least once a week I download a PDF File and when I open it, it's in some strange App
    that has no name.
    When I try to "Open As" in Adobe, I must reset my File Apps page to open PDF Files in
    Adobe.

How do I stop Windows from hi-jacking my PDF Files and trying to force me into using
    some app that is clearly inferior to Adobe.

Thanks,

Richard S.

:)

w1ksz, Jun 15, 2019
  2. mrgeek Win User

Why "Open With" keep changing my default PDF Viewer?

try this option
    Windows 10 Keeps Changing App that PDF Files Open In [​IMG]

then choose Sumatra from the list and check the 'Always use this app to open .pdf files' to make it stick

mrgeek, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 15, 2019
  4. w1ksz Win User

PDF Default App Keeps Getting Changed

I complained about this a while ago and followed the suggestion of another ListMember. Well, like the Borg, Windows
    has adapted.

I prefer Adobe for my pdf reader, but as many times as I change the default to Adobe, Windows keeps changing it
    back to Edge (lousy pdf reader).

How can I put a stake into this thing and keep the deafault app I want.

Thanks,

Richard S.

w1ksz, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Keeps Changing App that PDF Files Open In - Similar Threads - Keeps Changing App

2. How to change the default app for .pdf files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the default app for .pdf files: I'll use F as shorthand for one of my .pdf apps. I'll use P as shorthand for the other .pdf app. I prefer not to use the names of apps that compete with one another. P is currently the default app for .pdf files. I want to change the default to F.Then I scroll down the list...
  3. How to change the default app for .pdf files

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the default app for .pdf files: I'll use F as shorthand for one of my .pdf apps. I'll use P as shorthand for the other .pdf app. I prefer not to use the names of apps that compete with one another. P is currently the default app for .pdf files. I want to change the default to F.Then I scroll down the list...
  4. Microsoft Edge keeps opening PDF files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge keeps opening PDF files: Good day Supporti have problem with Edge keeps on hijacking my PDF, i have tried changing default app to adobe acrobat , but after a reboot edge becomes the default app. Please help ?Edge is up to date. Microsoft EdgeVersion 92.0.902.73 Official build 64-bitAcrobat reader is...
  5. .pdf files default program keeps changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    .pdf files default program keeps changing: Hello, I am trying to have my Adobe 9.0 to be my default program for .pdf files. I have tried right clicking on the file in file explorer, clicking open with, and choosing Adobe 9.0 and selecting set as default app. However, once I go back to the file explorer and click on...
  6. machine keeps refusing to open pdf files

in Windows 10 Support
    machine keeps refusing to open pdf files: Thsi has nit been happening for a few weeks. PDF files opening nornally from Outlook and Explorer. The this stops and nothing happens until I restart the machien which usually resolves the issue. I ahev been unable to find any information about this. Does anyone have any...
  7. Opening PDF files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Opening PDF files: Hi. I'm having trouble opening PDF files on my laptop, Windows 10. Once I click on the file, the toolbar shows a file named "Untitled". Instead of the file opening up, the toolbar starts to shake back and forth uncontrollably. My only option is to close down the whole...
  8. microsoft edge keep opening PDF files

in Browsers and Email
    microsoft edge keep opening PDF files: Yes I have done that without joy still Microsoft Edge keeps hijacking my .pdf files. [img]
  9. PDF Default App Keeps Getting Changed

PDF Default App Keeps Getting Changed: I complained about this a while ago and followed the suggestion of another ListMember. Well, like the Borg, Windows has adapted. I prefer Adobe for my pdf reader, but as many times as I change the default to Adobe, Windows keeps changing it back to Edge (lousy pdf...
  10. PDF Default App Keeps Getting Changed

PDF Default App Keeps Getting Changed: I prefer Adobe Reader for pdf files, but no matter how many times I set the default app to Adobe, it keeps getting changed back to MS Edge. How do I put a stake in this vampire !! ?? Thanks, Richard S. 98032