Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps closing apps and programs immediately

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps closing apps and programs immediately in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am having a big issue: Windows 10 keeps closing apps and programs immediately. They open for a few secinds and then close. This also happen with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TitanRogue, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Windows 10 keeps closing apps and programs immediately

I am having a big issue: Windows 10 keeps closing apps and programs immediately. They open for a few secinds and then close. This also happen with Windows programs. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/TitanRogue
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TitanRogue, Mar 1, 2021
  2. Steve C Win User

Windows 10 apps keep closing

Try these simple fixes and report what happens:
    1. Uninstall then reinstall the offending apps
    2. Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter at Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories as an Administrator
    3. Run sfc /scannow from an admin command prompt to check/repair system files
    4. Try running those apps in another user account. If they work OK in a different account then you may have a corrupted user profile. There is advice on the forum how to move a user profile if needed.

Steve C, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Why does Windows 10 close apps immediately after they are opened?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you facing this issue with all the apps?
    • Are you getting any error message while the apps are closing?
    This issue may be caused by some app corruption or some third party app confliction. I suggest you to follow the methods given below:

Method 1:
    I suggest you to run the
    Windows store app
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store app.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist kindly follow the below given method.

Method 2:
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    3. Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Windows 10 keeps closing apps and programs immediately

Stock calculator app opens and closes immediately

WOW, such service.... such a quick reply. First, no need to apologize, it's not something you did. From searching at the community forum I notice what's happening with Calculator happens with other apps - they open then close immediately.

Yes, my inquiry was about the Calculator app, the one that's built into / comes with Windows 10. I updated to Windows 10 ver. 2004 the other day. Prior my updating, Calculator worked. Now it opens and all I get to see is a blue dialog and then it closes
    immediately.

so... your suggestion #1 "**Run the troubleshooter" .... did it, here's a screenshot of what came up

Windows 10 keeps closing apps and programs immediately 9d581f4c-ad3e-4cfc-9987-1387d977ec0a?upload=true.png

... your suggestion #2 "**Reset the Microsoft Store cache" did that and tried Calculator - blue dialog and then it closes immediately

... your suggestion #3 "Press Start then search Apps and Features ... Search Calculator app on the list .... Click then select Advanced options .... Click Terminate then Reset" did that and nothing - tried Calculator - blue dialog
    and then it closes immediately.

.... and here's a video of me trying to run Calculator after completing suggestions #1-3

I captured a video of trying to run Calculator. I can't attach it here but I'm uploading it to Firefox Send. Because I don't have an account there this link will only last one day or one download https://send.firefox.com/download/62fb9966137838d4/#2SxodDMEoCw__yMBYAU5lA

btw, I also downloaded another calculator app from the app store (see below).... Same thing, it opens and then closes immediately. I did the same with resetting it like in your suggestion #3.

Windows 10 keeps closing apps and programs immediately 3c4f42de-1163-482d-84b5-8c2e7ea1374c?upload=true.png

I'm going to read a book right now so no need to reply until you feel like doing so.

Thank you very much for the quick response and suggestions. I'm sure this will all be resolved eventually.

NestorR_WPG, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps closing apps and programs immediately

1. Windows 10 keeps closing apps and programs immediately - Similar Threads - keeps closing apps

2. window apps and programs closes immediately after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window apps and programs closes immediately after opening: so its been a week that I'm having this problem...…window programs/app like troubleshoot closes immediately after opening them, I can't perform troubleshoot for my WIFI and other problem as it closes when i run it, same goes for other installed programs like WinRAR as I can't...
  3. window apps and programs closes immediately after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window apps and programs closes immediately after opening: so its been a week that I'm having this problem...…window programs/app like troubleshoot closes immediately after opening them, I can't perform troubleshoot for my WIFI and other problem as it closes when i run it, same goes for other installed programs like WinRAR as I can't...
  4. window apps and programs closes immediately after opening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Program Opening and Closing Immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program Opening and Closing Immediately: Over the last week, I have the above window open and close immediately every ten minutes on the dot, usually before I can see what the window says. Only reason I was able to get the above screen shot was that I just happened to turned my PC on at one of the 10 minute...
  6. Windows 10 keeps closing almost every program and function immediately.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps closing almost every program and function immediately.: Please help me! I am having a very strange and frustrating issue. Windows 10 closes apps and programs immediately after I open them. Can`t run programs, can`t setup anything and even some windows functions in windows settings are open for a few seconds and then just close....
  7. Windows 10 Apps or Programs open and close immediately

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Apps or Programs open and close immediately: [ATTACH]At times it may happen that a Microsoft Store app os a classic Program […] This article Windows 10 Apps or Programs open and close immediately first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. program opens and closes immediately

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    program opens and closes immediately: Before the latest update to Win10, my program Jigsaw Mania was working fine. Now it opens but closes within a few seconds and is unusable now. Is there a way to fix this? I reinstalled the Jigsaw Mania program but had the same result. joe...
  9. Apps closing immediately

Apps closing immediately: I'm having an issue where some apps are opening, then closing down immediately. The mouse changes to the "thinking" mode, the app never appears, then seems to close down. So the screen of the program never really shows up. This happens under both Admin and User accounts....
  10. Some of my programs close immediately (NOT WINDOWS 10 APPS)

Some of my programs close immediately (NOT WINDOWS 10 APPS): I have got games that work fine. But when I try running some programs like truckersMP, Camtasia, RagePluginHook, etc. (These are all legit.exe) They appear in task manager for legit 2 seconds and then it says (Suspended) and disappears from task manager. They were working...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 close app fix