Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps crashing - need help to identify what is going wrong!

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps crashing - need help to identify what is going wrong! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've got something to exercise the brain for anyone who is bored isolating! Would much appreciate any input as this has been happening for about a year... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/maddie-reddit, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 keeps crashing - need help to identify what is going wrong!

I've got something to exercise the brain for anyone who is bored isolating! Would much appreciate any input as this has been happening for about a year now --- randomly, Windows 10 will crash, and nothing is displayed on the monitor - seems pretty standard BUT what's interesting:

a) Plex Media Server still functions as normal - i.e. Can access on WiFi or remotely from the impacted PC running the server, stream content fine...

b) Chrome Remote Desktop can no longer connect to the impacted PC - it shows as offline.

c) Monitors, Mice and Keyboard are all disrupted, but the PC continues to run, not showing any BSOD - simply going 'dark'

d) This can occur between a couple hours to a week of continuous runtime - whether I'm actively using the PC or if it's sitting idle...

e) I just discovered that a Minecraft server running on the impacted PC is also no longer available... sorry sis!

It just seems all so random, and of course I could (and almost have) spend years on Google trying to figure out what is causing most things - but not everything - to stop functioning??

Have tried reinstalling graphics drivers, resetting Windows - so it could be a driver problem, or worst case hardware - but I'm stumped of what would need to be replaced since it still serves Plex content!

Some details of build: i7 4820K, Nvidia 980 Ti, (Multiple monitors) - not sure what else is relevant?

Any tips on how to troubleshoot this would be amazing!

submitted by /u/maddie-reddit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/maddie-reddit, Apr 6, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 keeps crashing

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why the computer will keeps on crashing. One of which is missing or corrupted system files. For us to further isolate the issue, we suggest answering the following questions:

• What exactly are you accessing/doing when the computer crashes?
    • Were you still able to login to the computer after it happens?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error messages or mini dump that you've received?

In the meantime, if you're seeing a blue screen when the computer crashes, we suggest following the steps on this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors. Kindly choose the appropriate answer to the category
    "When did you get the error?".

We'll wait for your response on this matter.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Snipe343 Win User
    Computer keeps crashing

when its in the l last step of installing windows vista it crashes i think its a hardware issue because the is the second disk it has done it on ( i returned the other one) any help would be great system is in the system specs its windows vista ultimate also

Snipe343, Apr 6, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

Windows 10 keeps crashing - need help to identify what is going wrong!

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps crashing - need help to identify what is going wrong!

1. Windows 10 keeps crashing - need help to identify what is going wrong! - Similar Threads - keeps crashing need

2. Need help identifying this issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help identifying this issue.: Blue screen of death help. What does this mean:Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 1/19/2024 6:00:07 PM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Taylor Description: The computer has rebooted from a...
  3. Need help identifying this issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help identifying this issue.: Blue screen of death help. What does this mean:Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 1/19/2024 6:00:07 PM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Taylor Description: The computer has rebooted from a...
  4. I need Help identifying what cause this BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need Help identifying what cause this BSOD: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25136.1001 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\081122-8406-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are availableSymbol search path is: srv*Executable...
  5. I need Help identifying what cause this BSOD

I need Help identifying what cause this BSOD: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25136.1001 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\081122-8406-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are availableSymbol search path is: srv*Executable...
  6. Something Is Wrong - Need Help Identifying The Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something Is Wrong - Need Help Identifying The Problem: I feel like something weird is going on with my computer network or fingerprint or something.1st Thing Idk how to fix or what problems it can cause2nd Thing Idk how to fix or what problems it can causeConnecting using a Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller. No Driver updates....
  7. New Computer crashing - need help identifying issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Computer crashing - need help identifying issue: I purchased a custom built computer through an online site I can list which if anyone cares and have had a ton of issues with it freezing/rebooting right out of the box. The company has been non-responsive, only suggesting that it's a software issue. The blue screen of death...
  8. New Computer crashing - need help identifying issue

New Computer crashing - need help identifying issue: I purchased a custom built computer through an online site I can list which if anyone cares and have had a ton of issues with it freezing/rebooting right out of the box. The company has been non-responsive, only suggesting that it's a software issue. The blue screen of death...
  9. Windows 10 Keeps Crashing Need Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Keeps Crashing Need Help: While I am playing online games with friends my pc will randomly freeze and crash a little later to give me the BSOD clock_watchdog_timout error.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. need help identifying a process

in Windows 10 Support
    need help identifying a process: simple question..what is this process 'CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess 32bit' and where did it come from, and is it harmful? 116330

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my browser keeps crashing windows 10