Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps crashing with "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" but can't figure out why

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps crashing with "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" but can't figure out why in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sometimes, my Windows 10 PC with an RTX 3080 GPU and Intel 9th-Gen CPU can stay on without problem for days, then every now and then, but regularly, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TheJackah, Jul 23, 2021.

1. TheJackah Win User

Windows 10 keeps crashing with "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" but can't figure out why

Sometimes, my Windows 10 PC with an RTX 3080 GPU and Intel 9th-Gen CPU can stay on without problem for days, then every now and then, but regularly, it can blue screen and crash with the error CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT.This time, I managed to find the error in the Event Viewer:Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 23/07/2021 08:08:28 Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-5EOKGHS Description: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0

:)

TheJackah, Jul 23, 2021
  2. axe0 Win User

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Windows 10 keeps crashing with "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" but can't figure out why [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

The 0x101(CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) is mostly caused by BIOS or hardware problem, the challenge is to find software problems.
    I suggest to update your BIOS.
    Code:
    Code:
    BIOS Version:              American Megatrends Inc. 2001   , 7/8/2011
    Attachment 51031

3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 keeps crashing

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why the computer will keeps on crashing. One of which is missing or corrupted system files. For us to further isolate the issue, we suggest answering the following questions:

• What exactly are you accessing/doing when the computer crashes?
    • Were you still able to login to the computer after it happens?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error messages or mini dump that you've received?

In the meantime, if you're seeing a blue screen when the computer crashes, we suggest following the steps on this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors. Kindly choose the appropriate answer to the category
    "When did you get the error?".

We'll wait for your response on this matter.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 23, 2021
  4. zablas Win User

Windows 10 keeps crashing with "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" but can't figure out why

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after a fresh install

Windows 10 keeps crashing with "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" but can't figure out why [​IMG]

zablas, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 keeps crashing with "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" but can't figure out why - Similar Threads - keeps crashing CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

2. Pc keeps crashing and i can't figure it out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps crashing and i can't figure it out: For the past two months, my pc has been bluescreening, blackscreening, and constantly crashing out of games. I've replaced everything inside of my pc except my hard drive. I went to microcenter for help and they installed an ssd for me as well. I don't know what I'm doing at...
  3. Pc keeps crashing and i can't figure it out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc keeps crashing and i can't figure it out: For the past two months, my pc has been bluescreening, blackscreening, and constantly crashing out of games. I've replaced everything inside of my pc except my hard drive. I went to microcenter for help and they installed an ssd for me as well. I don't know what I'm doing at...
  4. Baldur's gate 3 keeps crashing and I can't figure out why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Baldur's gate 3 keeps crashing and I can't figure out why?: I've started playing baldur's gate 3 recently and it would crash pretty often in the beginning, but the other night it was completely fine and I was able to play for a solid amount of hours with no crash. However, the last two days it's been crashing pretty nonstop every 30...
  5. Baldur's gate 3 keeps crashing and I can't figure out why?

Baldur's gate 3 keeps crashing and I can't figure out why?: I've started playing baldur's gate 3 recently and it would crash pretty often in the beginning, but the other night it was completely fine and I was able to play for a solid amount of hours with no crash. However, the last two days it's been crashing pretty nonstop every 30...
  6. Windows 10 PC Keeps Crashing Can't Figure it out Need Help

Windows 10 PC Keeps Crashing Can't Figure it out Need Help: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff80818f3f0ca, 0xffffee8dac7db708, 0xffffee8dac7daf40. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 51d5fae9-5bd6-4fc8-9a98-1621b7009e13.This is the error I keep...
  7. Continuous crashes can't figure out why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continuous crashes can't figure out why: Recently my laptop keeps crashing whenever I try to do something normal on it... sometimes it crashes suddenly after logging in and sometimes I can use it for like 4-8 hours in a stretchI tried searching on the event logs and couldn't find anything which points towards the...
  8. Need help figuring out why Windows keep crashing

Need help figuring out why Windows keep crashing: I will try to provide any information needed. Here is the link to my MEMORY.DMP:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oBWokugNsg1-W9vxVRKchfUvKc4pFw_O/view?usp=sharing...
  9. I can't figure out why my Windows Explorer Keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't figure out why my Windows Explorer Keeps crashing: Every time I try to copy some files from a secondary hard drive to my user account, Windows Explorer doesn't even pop up, and sometimes my taskbar will disappear and reappear. When I open the Problem Details in the control panel, there are a bunch of errors for the Windows...
  10. Explorer keeps crashing and I can't figure out why

Explorer keeps crashing and I can't figure out why: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: explorer.exe Application Version: 10.0.18362.693 Application Timestamp: 587c1978 Fault Module Name: StackHash_afc1 Fault Module Version:...