Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps crashing with VGA GTX970

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps crashing with VGA GTX970 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 crashing computer. What could the issue be? - Windows 10 Forums Dear Experts My son desktop ASUS Motherboard Z97-K has VGA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by zillah, Jan 1, 2018.

1. zillah Win User

Windows 10 keeps crashing with VGA GTX970

Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 crashing computer. What could the issue be? - Windows 10 Forums

Dear Experts

My son desktop ASUS Motherboard Z97-K has VGA GTX 970 for gaming and it was working fine for 3 years so far,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,then all of sudden computer crashed, I suspected it was hardware issue.

First thing I did removed VGA

Installed a fresh copy of windows 10 then installed VGA card and computer crashed.

Did the second installation and installed the VGA GTX 970 again and computer crashed again.

If I use built in VGA computer won’t crash so far.

How can I verify of its VGA GTX 970 problem or something else?

Yes, I can try installing the VGA on different desktop but I don’t want to risk crashing another computer if we have
    alternative way of troubleshooting

Thanks

:)

zillah, Jan 1, 2018
  2. Gantama Win User

[HELP] Why does my PC crash or restart when idle?

I also have tried to remove the Drive and test the CPU without VGA card and With VGA Card with the running condition in the BIOS menu.

The test results show, CPU with VGA card crash when left idle, but when without VGA card, CPU running normally without any problems.

Gantama, Jan 1, 2018
  3. I am getting BSOD System Service Exception dxgmms2.sys when adding webcams to vMix software.

Still no fix for this? Just got my first bsod on SWTOR. GTX970 on Win 10.

HumbleBrag, Jan 1, 2018
  4. Helmut Win User

A gamer using an overclocked GTX 970 for 3 years is likely to damage the Card and/or have fan problems.
    The obvious thing to do is check on the GTX 970 temperatures, and use stock speeds, check fans and see what happens. If that improves things then you know what the cause is.

The fact the PC runs on the iGPU is a good indicator of where the problem is.

Helmut, Jan 1, 2018
  5. zbook New Member
    Please update the specs in the "My Computer" section:

How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Site Use Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, etc.)

Run this log collector and post a zip into the thread for troublshooting:
    log collector v2-beta06.zip

Have you be able or unable to install driver for the dGPU?

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 keeps crashing with VGA GTX970 - Similar Threads - keeps crashing VGA

2. Windows 10 keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 keeps crashing: Sometimes my pc freezes up while I'm playing games or anything intensive - I have to forcefully restart the pc each time.Upon checking event viewer the logs show the critical event error IDs: 10110, 10116 and 41. Some other warning event errors such as: 19, 34, 27, 219 and 15...
  3. USB to VGA Cable leads to Crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB to VGA Cable leads to Crash: Hey, I am using a USB to VGA cable for setrset up 3 monitor. The cable works fine after connection and it intallin the built in driver as well after that it asks for a restart. After restarting the PC the whole windows crashes with some long codes .Only way to get to normal...
  4. Windows 10 keeps crashing...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps crashing...: I have hated Windows 10 since I have been forced to use it... I hate my computer... Now I will be in the middle of something and my screen goes black... Nothing I can do to bring it back to life. I shut it off and turn it on again and my computer just shuts off again. I do...
  5. Windows 10 Keeps Crashing

Windows 10 Keeps Crashing: Hi Windows 10 keeps crashing. I thought I had fixed it by removing spotify but now its at it again. Here is sfc /scannow results and also some events that happen around the same time as the crashing that might be causing the problem? 2019-01-06 13:00:07, Info...
  6. Windows 10 keeps crashing!

Windows 10 keeps crashing!: HI, i am running windows 10 and an intel i5 7600k chip and a msi gtx 970 card. My computer crashes once every time I start it up unless i restart it before it crashes. I ran it in safe mode and i got the same result. This has happened since I first built my computer. please...
  7. Windows 10 keeps crashing

Windows 10 keeps crashing: So, the problem is that my WINDOWS 10 KEEPS crashing. It only crashes when I leave the device idle for a few minutes (as long as i keep using it like running a video or playing a game for hours it works fine, but the moment I pause the video and leave it for like 10-15...
  8. Windows 10 keep crashing...

Windows 10 keep crashing...: My win 10 keeps crashing every 35 mins - 2 hours since i updated it 2-3 days ago... The crash isnt common it shows me some white screen with little black lines... And i need to reset my pc to continiue what i was working on......
  9. Crashes after moving to GTX970

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Crashes after moving to GTX970: Hi I was running two AMD 6870 in SLI with no problems but recently updated to a Asus Strix GTX970. The same games I was playing with no problems are now constantly crashing (5/10 minutes of gaming) - black screen and windows sounds on background OR just black screen...
  10. No signal to monitor with NVIDIA GeForce GTX970

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No signal to monitor with NVIDIA GeForce GTX970: Hi all Purchased a new CyberPower Gaming Elite II PC 2 days ago and have since been unable to get a signal going from the NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 to my monitor. Granted it is an old monitor with a VGA connection and so have used the adapter that came with the computer to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gtx970 vga wont display