Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps defaulting to default settings?

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps defaulting to default settings? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I got a new laptop (Pavilion 17) and first time using windows 10. Problem 1 - I originally had to turn on scrolling for the click pad which was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kurto, Feb 5, 2016.

1. kurto Win User

Windows 10 keeps defaulting to default settings?

I got a new laptop (Pavilion 17) and first time using windows 10.

Problem 1 - I originally had to turn on scrolling for the click pad which was yesterday. Now today scrolling was turned off and I had to turn it back on again. Stopped using computer last night while it was copying files over (via network). Computer was left open and running.

Problem 2 - This morning the network was completely disconnected and I had to go in and 'join the network' again. I did have to 2 this 3 times yesterday while I was using the computer as well.

Problem 3 - This morning all my windows had been closed? Explorer windows that were being used to copy and firefox also.

Any help on these issue would be greatly appreciated. I have read a lot on how everyone hates windows 10 and am considering going back to windows 7 but sooner or later that will not be a viable option.

Thanks a ton!

:)

kurto, Feb 5, 2016

2. Mail Default Program

Mail is shown as the default app in Windows 10. However, I keep getting a notice that there is no default mail app. I have tried several times to associate Mail as the default app but keep getting the notice.

SteveElwood, Feb 5, 2016
  3. Default apps mess

I purchased and install Office 2016 Pro then the issues started: Excel could not open spreadsheets, Word refused to open RTF documents. Windows 10 would keep resetting my default apps and System no longer has the Default apps - you moved it to APPS! I get
    the BRIGHT ORANGE : To change your default apps, go to Settings > System > Default apps all the time and Windows 10 keeps resetting my defaults

Microsoft please fix the Default apps problem, this just sucks. It makes the product look bad when the help is broken.

Buriedcrazy, Feb 5, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps defaulting to default settings?

1. Windows 10 keeps defaulting to default settings? - Similar Threads - keeps defaulting default

2. Default Settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Settings?: Hi, How do I reset my Laptop colours back to original specs? Cheers, Keith 184158
  3. Default setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default setting: Someone changed all my desktop, icon, and font size/ setting. I just want to get them back to default. Is there a way to do that without resetting the computer, I have programs I can't lose on there?...
  4. Default settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default settings: I want to use Canon Digital Photo Professional as my default photo handler. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-settings/2ddfa9de-4cbc-4b9b-bf91-24c81ed6adfb
  5. Set and Keep default APP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set and Keep default APP: If I try to open a .txt file, I get [img] If I do this, [img] It works. If I try again using any other .txt file or the same one, I get my first image again. If I do the same using a .ZIP file the same happens. 164262
  6. default settings

default settings: I don't know how I messed the colors in windows 10. I need to revert this to default settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-settings/d7735ed9-3af1-4d64-bf5b-61c961477627
  7. Windows 10 settings keep resetting to defaults

Windows 10 settings keep resetting to defaults: Hello! Specs: Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit Version: 1809 Language: JA So, I am working with a Japanese language system, and settings such as the privacy settings, lock screen settings etc. keep resetting EVERY FEW HOURS! I am completely baffled by this behavior and...
  8. default settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    default settings: how do I make chrome my default browser in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-settings/3c5f0acb-ec83-43b9-b697-c9869e1fff88
  9. Defualt settings keep resetting to default....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defualt settings keep resetting to default....: I utilize Adobe Acrobat on a daily basis... more along the lines of around 100+ times a day, I'm opening PDF docs. Originally, Microsoft Edge was set for the default PDF viewer and web browser. I've gone into default setting and I've changed my PDF viewer to Adobe and Firefox...
  10. Setting defaults in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Setting defaults in Windows 10: I believe that I have MS figured out. There is something inWindows 10 that I thought was a bug. I discovered today that is not a bug, butit’s the way that MS wants it. *Eek I have not been that happy with Windows Edge soI used IE as my default browser and I set everything so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows ten keeps defaulting screen settings