Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps deleting files and reverting Chrome back to default

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps deleting files and reverting Chrome back to default in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My mom has been having this problem with Windows 10 for the past few years, first with her desktop just completely crashing (Bluescreening and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ShadowKatana, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 keeps deleting files and reverting Chrome back to default

My mom has been having this problem with Windows 10 for the past few years, first with her desktop just completely crashing (Bluescreening and the whole shibang). However now, with her laptop, its been updating fine for the most part. But its been acting oddly. It deletes files, except an odd few including Audacity, and reverts everything except her lock screen to the default settings. I tried looking for the pictures I'd put on her laptop for her and they've all disappeared. Like i'd never messed with it in the first place. Its taken off all of her personal files and things she'd needed for school that she can't ever get back.

I looked up why it could be deleting files, however it says that Storage sense is the problem. The only thing with that is, well, it was never turned on in the first place. I tried looking up this problem and I've turned up with no other solutions.

We've, both myself and her, have been having problems with Google Sync. It won't work the way that its supposed to and she's getting really frustrated with that too. (My mom's suggestion is to just have a simple code that will allow the computer program Windows 10 to update but keep all the files and the passwords without deleting them, please.) I work off of Windows 7 while she works off of windows 10.

A few weeks, or months (I'm horrible at keeping track of days, apologies), ago she wasn't able to log on with her original account onto her computer. It'd said something had corrupted and decided to nope. It logged her on to a temporary file, but as of recently it seems that her original profile works. As of updating it at least. - I read this back to her and she's said that she had to redo everything. The sign up process etc. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the above paragraph's problem, or if its just- something else?

We're both at a loss for what to do and she's getting really frustrated with this whole thing. Though honestly I dont blame her. Please help.

:)

ShadowKatana, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Bill_VA2 Win User
    File Associations Keep Reverting to Windows 10 Defaults

I've posted to another thread, but that thread isn't getting any traction or responses.

Latest WIndows 10 Update Changes File Associations

The most maddening thing is happening on my Windows 10 PC. I've reset the file associations via every way possible and still the file associations for Edge keep coming back, sometimes even minutes after
    I've changed it. In particular with these file types and associations:

• graphic files like png, jpg, gif - I have resurrected Window Photo Viewer and associated these file types with it, but Windows 10 keeps changing them back to the Photos app
    • mp3 files - I changed them to Windows Media Player, but Windows 10 keeps changing them back to Groove Music
    • htm and html files - I changed to open with Chrome, but Windows 10 keeps changing them back to open with Edge
    • pdf files - I changed to open with Acrobat Pro, but Windows 10 keeps changing them back to open with Edge

Help please!

Bill_VA2, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 keeps deleting files and reverting Chrome back to default

Issues with making chrome as default browser on Windows 10.

Hi Richard,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or default browser program is change correctly.

I suggest you to follow the steps to change the default browser as Chrome browser and check if it helps.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on
    Set Default Programs

4. Click on chrome browser from the list.

5. Click on Set this program as default.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with making default browser as chrome, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps deleting files and reverting Chrome back to default

1. Windows 10 keeps deleting files and reverting Chrome back to default - Similar Threads - keeps deleting files

2. Windows 11 keeps reverting back to default sort setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps reverting back to default sort setting: I have tried again and again to set the arrange and sort option in my download folder 'sort by name' and 'no Group'. But whenever I close and reopen the folder again, it reverts back to the default setting of 'sort by date' and 'sort by the group'. Is there a solution for...
  3. Windows 11 keeps reverting back to default sort setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keeps reverting back to default sort setting: I have tried again and again to set the arrange and sort option in my download folder 'sort by name' and 'no Group'. But whenever I close and reopen the folder again, it reverts back to the default setting of 'sort by date' and 'sort by the group'. Is there a solution for...
  4. File Explorer changes revert back to Default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer changes revert back to Default: I have many folders which contain music. Early on, those folders would automatically default to the Music template. Now, all of my music folders have reverted back to Default view: "Name," "Date Modified," "Type" and "Size." I'll right click on a folder containing music,...
  5. Windows 10 custom theme reverts back to default

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 custom theme reverts back to default: I have a custom theme installed for windows and every time the pc goes to sleep, it reverts the to default. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/EELEYEE [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i06zyj/windows_10_custom_theme_reverts_back_to_default/
  6. My personalized display settings keep reverting back to Windows default

in Windows 10 Customization
    My personalized display settings keep reverting back to Windows default: Hello - My personalized settings for background pictures keep reverting back to the Windows 10 defalt, Windows Spotlight. This happens every day, throughout the day. I switch it to slideshow and it will pull up the pictures from my selected folder as expected but then...
  7. folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default

in Windows 10 Support
    folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default: Like it says on the title. The only thing I can add to that, this is happening on internal HDD that is other than my OS drive. I customized icons but after reboot, they keep reverting back to default. For years this was not an issue and all of a sudden it is... 131381
  8. File Associations Keep Reverting to Windows 10 Defaults

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Associations Keep Reverting to Windows 10 Defaults: The title says it all. If I am to believe the Internet about this matter, countless users of Windows 10 struggle with the same problem. Whatever one tweaks, whatever one does, even deep down into the registry, Windows keeps reverting to its file association defaults, for...
  9. File Associations Keep Reverting to Windows 10 Defaults

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Associations Keep Reverting to Windows 10 Defaults: The title says it all. If I am to believe the Internet about this matter, countless users of Windows 10 struggle with the same problem. Whatever one tweaks, whatever one does, even deep down into the registry, Windows keeps reverting to its file association defaults, for...
  10. Reverting Back To Factory Default

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reverting Back To Factory Default: Do to a bad install to windows10 version 1803, I had to revert back to the factory default - windows version 1607. How do I go about updating windows to bring it up to date. Should I allow the version 1803 to install again? 110328

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows default browser keeps reverting bacl

2. windows 10 keep delete internet explorer and chrome after reboot

3. Windows 10 keeps deleting Internet Explore and Chrome after restart