Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps deleting my Epson Scan scanner software... Epson Perfection V500 Photo

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps deleting my Epson Scan scanner software... Epson Perfection V500 Photo in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time I install the software for my Epson Perfection V500 Photo, I am able to use the software, but then a few boots later, Windows 10 has deleted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SAGB - MCET, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 keeps deleting my Epson Scan scanner software... Epson Perfection V500 Photo

Every time I install the software for my Epson Perfection V500 Photo, I am able to use the software, but then a few boots later, Windows 10 has deleted it. Why does it keep doing this?

I am using the latest software download from Epson's driver page ( epson13936 (Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3-7-7-3) )

I have to keep re-installing the software to use my scanner.

:)

SAGB - MCET, Oct 11, 2019

2. Epson v500 scanner not working with Win 10

I have upgraded to Windows 10 and reinstalled my Epson Perfection V500 scanner with a new driver as directed (several times.) Now I am able to scan color photos and documents, but not 35mm color slides or film negatives. (The default Profile is listed
    for Color Film and no other profiles are specified.) Also, I am unable to open the Epson Scan Settings window. And I have lost the Installation CD that originally came with the scanner. Any other suggestions?

HarryMincer, Oct 11, 2019
  3. BadAtIT Win User
    Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner

I just tried a later suggestion and it worked great for me:
    On my Dell PC, right clicked Epson scan shortcut and selected "Run as administrator" ...
    A tiny pain to remember each time I'm selecting the scanner shortcut, but much less pain than the problems I was experiencing!!!

BadAtIT, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 keeps deleting my Epson Scan scanner software... Epson Perfection V500 Photo

Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner

I have an Epson Perfection V700 Photo scanner and have not had any previous trouble with Windows 10. Recently Epson Scan started to crash. This happens when I click on any window outside the Epson scan interface and then click back into Epson scan. Then a blue circle starts turning forever. I have to close Epson scan using the task manager or by right clicking Epson scan in the taskbar/close and Windows will send an error report.

1- I have uninstalled the Epson Scan software and reinstalled the latest driver from the Epson Website for Win 10 64 bit.
    2- I have tried to roll back to an earlier graphics card driver.
    I have tried using a different USB cable plugged into a different port.

So far the problem continues. I suspect the problem could be due to the latest Windows feature update or maybe the Graphics card driver could be to blame.

Any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this problem would be appreciated.

Kind regards
    Chris.

Chris Nicola, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps deleting my Epson Scan scanner software... Epson Perfection V500 Photo

1. Windows 10 keeps deleting my Epson Scan scanner software... Epson Perfection V500 Photo - Similar Threads - keeps deleting Epson

2. Scanner won't open Epson V500 photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner won't open Epson V500 photo: Epson scanner won't open Shows one panel but with no execution buttons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-wont-open-epson-v500-photo/4618ff37-0638-4bc5-92ae-7d295f119e96
  3. Scanner won't open Epson V500 photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanner won't open Epson V500 photo: Epson scanner won't open Shows one panel but with no execution buttons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-wont-open-epson-v500-photo/4618ff37-0638-4bc5-92ae-7d295f119e96
  4. Scanner won't open Epson V500 photo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Epson V500 Perfection scanner shows in settings devices but acts as if not connected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson V500 Perfection scanner shows in settings devices but acts as if not connected.: Scanner is in list of devices in settings, but acts as if not connected. Installed Microsoft scan from store but that didn't help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-v500-perfection-scanner-shows-in-settings/54013318-3846-4f71-bed6-c427d55a8d09
  6. Epson Perfection V500 Photo drivers, separated photos in Windows Photo Viewer.

Epson Perfection V500 Photo drivers, separated photos in Windows Photo Viewer.: Hello, I have an Epson Perfection V500 Photo scanner, using the Epson scanner drivers for the device. When I scan, the photos are directed to "Windows Photo Viewer" . I am wanting to edit on Adobe Photoshop Element 2020. I am scanning slides, which will scan 4 slide per...
  7. After new Windows update my Epson Perfection V500 Scanner won't update or work

After new Windows update my Epson Perfection V500 Scanner won't update or work: After the latest Windows update my Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner will not work. Will not update or install. Says no driver available. How do I get it to work like before with App?...
  8. Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner

Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner: I have an Epson Perfection V700 Photo scanner and have not had any previous trouble with Windows 10. Recently Epson Scan started to crash. This happens when I click on any window outside the Epson scan interface and then click back into Epson scan. Then a blue circle starts...
  9. Epson Perfection 1660 Scanner

Epson Perfection 1660 Scanner: Hi I had a computer crash after a windows update Microsoft fixed the computer remotely and things are fine but I have lost the driver that I found some years ago that would make this old scanner work it was a Epson driver but for a completely different scanner when the driver...
  10. Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner

Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner: Hi, has anyone been able to get the Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner to work with Windows 10 64bit 28479