Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps deleting thumbnail cache

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps deleting thumbnail cache in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My thumbnail cache for everything is constantly being deleted. I can open up a folder with a few jpeg's, back arrow , and immediately return to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ScottBrady86, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Windows 10 keeps deleting thumbnail cache

My thumbnail cache for everything is constantly being deleted. I can open up a folder with a few jpeg's, back arrow , and immediately return to the folder and all of the thumbnails have to reload again. It happens on every drive I have. It's happening on the drive the operating system is installed on, and it's happening to all of my hard drives and external thumb drives. There is a registry edit that supposedly stops windows 10 from deleting thumbnails on reboot, however, windows 10 is immediately deleting thumbnail cache as soon as I leave the folder......Not just after a reboot. How do I stop this? The operating system is basically useless if I have to wait for thumbnails to constantly load. I work with photo's and videos all day, and I spend half of my day waiting for thumbnails to re-load.

:)

ScottBrady86, Jul 26, 2019
  2. KCR
    KCR Win User

After Creators Update 2 thumbnails cache keeps auto-deleting

Yup, I'm seeing the same as in your post #62. . .

Windows 10 keeps deleting thumbnail cache [​IMG]

3. Thumbnail Cache - Prevent Windows from Deleting

Not 1 of the tutorials you read anywhere will stop Windows 10 from deleting your thumbnail cache. But I have found the factual way to stop this from happening. Go to this link. It will fix it and stop the thumbnail cache from being deleted, guaranteed.

Stop Windows 10 Auto Deleting Thumbnail Cache Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Seahawks65, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Windows 10 keeps deleting thumbnail cache

After Creators Update 2 thumbnails cache keeps auto-deleting

Not 1 of the tutorials you read anywhere will stop Windows 10 from deleting your thumbnail cache. But I have found the factual way to stop this from happening. Go to this link. It will fix it and stop the thumbnail cache from being deleted, guaranteed.

Stop Windows 10 Auto Deleting Thumbnail Cache Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Seahawks65, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps deleting thumbnail cache

1. Windows 10 keeps deleting thumbnail cache - Similar Threads - keeps deleting thumbnail

2. Moving Thumbnail cache and stop Windows from deleting it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Thumbnail cache and stop Windows from deleting it: Many users have encountered this issue over the years. Registry tweaks and scheduled task adjustments often fall short after a while. Fortunately I've found a workaround from Windows 7 which is somehow still working on Windows 10 and even 11, by adding the following...
  3. Moving Thumbnail cache and stop Windows from deleting it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Thumbnail cache and stop Windows from deleting it: Many users have encountered this issue over the years. Registry tweaks and scheduled task adjustments often fall short after a while. Fortunately I've found a workaround from Windows 7 which is somehow still working on Windows 10 and even 11, by adding the following...
  4. Moving Thumbnail cache and stop Windows from deleting it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Explorer continually deleting thumbnails cache

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer continually deleting thumbnails cache: Hello, I've got many photos to sort on a HDD in numerous folders. I found a software to recursively generate all preview thumbnails. When done, the cache is almost 2go. But when I restart my computer, more than half of the cache is deleted so I have to regenerate the cache...
  6. Stop Windows Auto Deleting Thumbnail Cache

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop Windows Auto Deleting Thumbnail Cache: "Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10 - How to Stop Windows Auto Deleting the Thumbnail Cache" Updated June 2018 "Revised" I will first explain in a nut shell what I have did in this order to stop the thumbnail cache from being deleted. But, it might be possible to just take...
  7. Thumbnail Cache - Prevent Windows from Deleting

Thumbnail Cache - Prevent Windows from Deleting: Hey guys, just made the upgrade from Win7 and I am wondering how to do this as the title suggests, I remember there being such a thing to do this here over at the sevenforums but this method is no longer working for Windows 10, so I am wondering if someone can please help me...
  8. Stop Windows 10 Auto Deleting Thumbnail Cache

Stop Windows 10 Auto Deleting Thumbnail Cache: Stop Windows 10 Auto Deleting Thumbnail Cache As most everyone knows, Windows 10 version, Microsoft is automatically deleting your thumbnail cache when it reaches about 500MB to 700Mb in size. This has made many thousands of people including myself IRATE loading all my...
  9. After Creators Update 2 thumbnails cache keeps auto-deleting

in Windows 10 Support
    After Creators Update 2 thumbnails cache keeps auto-deleting: After this second Creators Update (Creators Update 2), the thumbnail cache keeps deleting itself and having to rebuild after I wake it up from sleep mode, or just after a few hours of PC use (like maybe about 4 to 5 hours). Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks for...
  10. Prevent Windows 10 from Deleting Thumbnail Cache

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Prevent Windows 10 from Deleting Thumbnail Cache: How to: Prevent Windows 10 from Deleting Thumbnail Cache How to Prevent Windows 10 from Deleting Thumbnail Cache Windows keeps a copy of all your folder, picture, video, and document thumbnails in a cache so they can be reused to quickly display when you open a folder...