Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps disabling some auto-start programs

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps disabling some auto-start programs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title hints, since recent updates (could possibly have started just before 1909 but I'm not 100%), Windows keeps disabling auro-run of both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MSDakaRocker, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 keeps disabling some auto-start programs

As the title hints, since recent updates (could possibly have started just before 1909 but I'm not 100%), Windows keeps disabling auro-run of both Steam and Google Backup & Sync despite them being set to open on Windows start and have been doing so for a very long time without issue.

It even goes to far as to uncheck the "run on Windows start" checkbox in both Google Backup & Sync, and Steams own settings. Both are still enabled in Task Manager > Start-Up.

I usually 'sleep' my PC but it only seems to happen on shut down/power on later on, never happens on a 'restart',

Does anybody have any ideas what could be causing it?

submitted by /u/MSDakaRocker
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MSDakaRocker, Feb 14, 2020

2. Disable an "auto start" program within Windows 10

How to disable an "auto start" program within Windows 10?

RennyCurvers, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Omoikane1122, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 keeps disabling some auto-start programs

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps disabling some auto-start programs

1. Windows 10 keeps disabling some auto-start programs - Similar Threads - keeps disabling auto

2. Windows 10 - Program Auto Start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Program Auto Start: I have a computer that needs to automatically start a certain program on startup so that it can only be used for that purpose. I had it working fine for a long time but after upgrading windows 10 there’s a problem. Now it still starts up but only in the background. I can see...
  3. Windows 10 - Program Auto Start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Program Auto Start: I have a computer that needs to automatically start a certain program on startup so that it can only be used for that purpose. I had it working fine for a long time but after upgrading windows 10 there’s a problem. Now it still starts up but only in the background. I can see...
  4. Windows 10 - Program Auto Start

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 keeps disabling startup programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps disabling startup programs: My computer has stopped loading some apps upon startup. If I enter the Startup menu from Task Manager and enable the apps of interest, then reboot,they will not auto start. If I check the Startup menu again, I typically find that one has been disabled. The other is enabled,...
  6. Windows 10 keeps disabling startup programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps disabling startup programs: My computer has stopped loading some apps upon startup. If I enter the Startup menu from Task Manager and enable the apps of interest, then reboot,they will not auto start. If I check the Startup menu again, I typically find that one has been disabled. The other is enabled,...
  7. Windows 10 keeps disabling startup programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Some programs not starting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some programs not starting: I just recently built a new PC. Everything was working fine 3 weeks until today when I started my computer. I got an error message about OneDrive not being able to start over a qt plugin. Then I noticed some other programs were not starting. When double clicking discord off...
  9. How to disable Cortana from auto starting with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Cortana from auto starting with Windows 10: [ATTACH]Ever since its launch, Cortana – the digital assistant for Windows 10 has undergone some significant changes. The feature which was once favored as an […] This article How to disable Cortana from auto starting with Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  10. Disabled Auto-correct, but windows keep auto-correcting me

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabled Auto-correct, but windows keep auto-correcting me: Hi all, I have turned off the autocorrect misspelled words in Settings. However, when I type (in Vietnamese) it still autocorrect my typing. Any idea how I should avoid this? Further information: 1. I'm using 'Unikey' program, which 99% of Vietnamese people are using...