Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when no internet access

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when no internet access in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can barely use Windows 10 with wifi controlled devices things such as wifi controlled audio mixers, where they use their own wifi hotspot. Because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SnakeFace02, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when no internet access

I can barely use Windows 10 with wifi controlled devices things such as wifi controlled audio mixers, where they use their own wifi hotspot. Because they use their own wifi hotspot and don't have access to the internet, there of course isn't any actual internet access, but Windows is really stubburn and insists on disconnecting and would rather be connected to nothing than to be connected to my audio mixer. This makes using Windows 10 for controlling the audio mixer really annoying and unreliable, because I need to constantly connect back, and really not something which I find acceptable to be happening often for live audio situations. While I am on the website for mixing, things seem fine I assume because windows seems to think it's some login page for the wifi, but as soon as I close the page, go into a different part of the page such as settings, or even just go off the browser for a small amount of time, Windows will disconnect and I need to connect back to the wifi. Only once did I have it stay connected, and it was because I closed the site that opened automatically very quickly after it open, before it had time begin loading. So, my only solution for this so far is to try closing the site very quickly after opening automatically so it stays connected, or connecting via ethernet cable, which just kinda defeats the purpose of being wireless. This is definetly a problem with windows, the other devices I have connected to the mixer which were android stayed connected for hours even after going off the webpage for the mixer.

My question is; is there any good way to stop Windows from disconnecting from wifi when it sees that there is no internet access? And I am also curious as to why this is a feature. I can't see any situation where this would be helpful to people, if they want to disconnect they can disconnect manually.

:)

SnakeFace02, Jul 26, 2020
  2. Matthewryaio, Jul 26, 2020
  3. INTERNET KEEPS DISCONNECTING IN WINDOWS 10

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Do you get any error message when the internet disconnects?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to connect through wired connection?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the internet troubleshooter as below and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Once the window open click on View All located on the left navigation pane.
    • Locate and select Internet Connection and run the in build troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you

further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when no internet access

Why does my computer disconnect from the internet constantly? (WiFi)

Hi Kevin,

Here are few troubleshooting steps which you may try to resolve the issue with WIFI disconnecting on your Computer.

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Internet Connections on the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Internet Connections”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    If above method doesn't work I suggest you try below method

Method 2:

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the below article on Fix network connection issues.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

If you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Ashwin V S, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when no internet access

1. Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when no internet access - Similar Threads - keeps disconnecting wifi

2. Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when no internet access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when no internet access: I can barely use Windows 10 with wifi controlled devices things such as wifi controlled audio mixers, where they use their own wifi hotspot. Because they use their own wifi hotspot and don't have access to the internet, there of course isn't any actual internet access, but...
  3. Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when no internet access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when no internet access: I can barely use Windows 10 with wifi controlled devices things such as wifi controlled audio mixers, where they use their own wifi hotspot. Because they use their own wifi hotspot and don't have access to the internet, there of course isn't any actual internet access, but...
  4. Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when no internet access

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My wifi keeps disconnected from the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi keeps disconnected from the internet: Using the wifi keeps disconnected from wifi ,I tried so many tricks available in youtube and internet but nothing gives me the output properly ,Power management mode is not displaying in my laptop...
  6. My wifi keeps disconnected from the internet

My wifi keeps disconnected from the internet: Using the wifi keeps disconnected from wifi ,I tried so many tricks available in youtube and internet but nothing gives me the output properly ,Power management mode is not displaying in my laptop...
  7. Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when no internet access Community Resolution Thread.

Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when no internet access Community Resolution Thread.: Original question at: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-keeps-disconnecting-from-wifi-when-no/c33e6b3d-22fa-482d-aa5c-16c8c3523f56 Since the question was never answered and thread locked with no further assistance I wanted to start a proper...
  8. Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when no internet access Community Resolution Thread.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when no internet access Community Resolution Thread.: Original question at: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-keeps-disconnecting-from-wifi-when-no/c33e6b3d-22fa-482d-aa5c-16c8c3523f56 Since the question was never answered and thread locked with no further assistance I wanted to start a proper...
  9. Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when no internet access Community Resolution Thread.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when there is no internet access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when there is no internet access: I use my android smartphone as wifi hotspot for my laptop and sometimes due to a network issue my data connection disconnects for a second or two and quickly reconnects,windows 10 detects this and automatically disconnects from wifi since there is no internet access and i...