Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps disconnecting my Mapped Drives?

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps disconnecting my Mapped Drives? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently, I believe after the last update, Windows 10 keeps disconnecting my mapped drives forcing me to disable and reenabling my network adapter,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MohammedJaafar_815, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 keeps disconnecting my Mapped Drives?

Recently, I believe after the last update, Windows 10 keeps disconnecting my mapped drives forcing me to disable and reenabling my network adapter, which is only a temporary fix.

I have a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1909

Tried updating to 20H2 and the one before that, but kept getting the 0xc000005

I have seen something about changing the Mapped Drive policy to "update" but as I'm not on a server, I don't have access to the Group Policy Manager only the Group Policy Editor, which doesn't have the GP settings for mapped drives.

:)

MohammedJaafar_815, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Unable to Open/Disconnect a Mapped Drive in Windows 10

Hi Landon,

To resolve this issue, please follow the steps on how to disconnect a Mapped drive below:

• Right click on Start button > select
      Command
      Prompt (Admin).
    • Type " mountvol /r "
    • Reboot your computer.

Regards.

Carlo Fer, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to disconnect Mapped drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned that you have removed the mapped drives through GPO and still the drive keeps appearing, I suggest you to try removing the mapped drive by running the Net use command in Command Prompt and see if that helps. Please follow the
    steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + S, and type Command Prompt.
    2. Right click on the Command Prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, type net use f: \\financial\public /delete
      (Replace f: \\financial\public with the drive name)

For more information on Net use command, you can refer the article
    Net use

If the issue persists, I suggest you to post your query in TechNet
    forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on the GPO and mapped drivers to assist you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Windows 10 keeps disconnecting my Mapped Drives?

How do I prevent Windows 10 from disconnecting mapped drives?

I have a mapped drive on Windows 10 Enterprise that keeps disconnecting itself, sometimes even when I'm in the middle of doing things using files on that share. I have a desktop shortcut to it; if I click that after the drive has disconnected, I get this error message:

Windows 10 keeps disconnecting my Mapped Drives? 0XlLl.png

What's actually happening is that when I click the shortcut, the system re-maps the drive immediately, but not before displaying the error message. If I keep a "This PC" window open, I can see the drive appear in the list a moment later. So if I click "No", then the shortcut will work until Windows decides to disconnect the drive again, after which I'll have to go through the same stupid error message again.

When I created this mapped drive, I checked the "Reconnect at sign-in" box. It doesn't seem to have helped.

I have tried issuing the command net config server /autodisconnect:-1 to turn off automatic disconnecting; it had no effect.

I've tried deleting the mapping and recreating it with net use Z: \\sharename\path /user:SHIRE\baggins /persistent:yes, but the problem continues.

This is super-annoying, not just because of the "Problem with Shortcut" dialog, but because it keeps disrupting my work flow. Any open file explorer windows showing the mapped drive's contents get closed. If I have a file open in Notepad++, it will inform me that the file I'm editing no longer exists, and ask what to do with the copy in memory (keep/discard).

In case it's relevant, this particular share lives on a Linux server running Samba. I can post the config file for that if needed.

Any suggestions?

Will Martin, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps disconnecting my Mapped Drives?

1. Windows 10 keeps disconnecting my Mapped Drives? - Similar Threads - keeps disconnecting Mapped

2. Windows 10 disconnects drive mappings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 disconnects drive mappings: Roughly weekly, all of my drive mappings to my NAS device get wiped out by Windows 10. My NAS is a Seagate Blackarmor 220, and runs a Linux-based OS. I can ping the address fine, and I was able to map folders on it until recently. It refused to let me access any of the...
  3. Windows 10 disconnects drive mappings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 disconnects drive mappings: Roughly weekly, all of my drive mappings to my NAS device get wiped out by Windows 10. My NAS is a Seagate Blackarmor 220, and runs a Linux-based OS. I can ping the address fine, and I was able to map folders on it until recently. It refused to let me access any of the...
  4. Windows 10 disconnects drive mappings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Mapped Network Drive keep getting disconnect

Mapped Network Drive keep getting disconnect: i bought a new MS Surface 3 and do all the update. Map my network drive and start using it. When I restart my laptop next day I can no longer access the network work drive from file explorer. It keep prompting me drive is not accessible or it is in use?I am able to access the...
  6. Mapped Network Drive Disconnects and Will Not Reconnect

Mapped Network Drive Disconnects and Will Not Reconnect: OS:Windows 10 V20H2 PC: Dell XPS8940 Router: Netgear R7000 w/ TomatoUSB Nine of ten mapped network drives on my desktop PC behave normally! The tenth is a problem. It is mapped to the USB drive connected to my router.Sometimes (days) I cannot connect to this mapped drive and...
  7. Mapped Drives Disconnect on reboot

Mapped Drives Disconnect on reboot: We have several workstations running Windows 10 on the same domain. Each workstation has mapped drives to access common shared folders on the Domain Server. We purchased several new Dell Workstations and configured the mapped drives the same way they are configured on the...
  8. Mapped drive "Disconnected"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mapped drive "Disconnected": So I'm having a issue where a mapped drive Windows 10 is showing Disconnected with the red X sometimes when powering on.. Even though it's saying it's disconnected I can still access all the files in it.. The main part of the issue is a software is pulling data from the...
  9. Windows 10 Drive Mapping showing Disconnected Network Drive

Windows 10 Drive Mapping showing Disconnected Network Drive: I have a NAS (WD My Cloud) on my home network and I have always added a drive on my networked computers using drive M as their Music drives. But recently My Network drive went down and I had to reinstall all the files on it's replacement drive. I gave the new network drive4...
  10. Unable to disconnect Mapped drive

Unable to disconnect Mapped drive: I used to have all the network drives mapped using a GPO, however, I have now moved all the network files into the cloud (G Suite). Therefore, I have removed the GPO that mapped the drives and use Google's File Stream, which automatically maps the G: drive. Whenever, I log...