Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps dropping WiFi connection and ethernet just refuses to work

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps dropping WiFi connection and ethernet just refuses to work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Every minute or so Windows drops the WiFi connection. The ethernet at one point just decided not to work or should I say Windows decided not to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheoSM, Mar 8, 2020.

1. TheoSM Win User

Windows 10 keeps dropping WiFi connection and ethernet just refuses to work

Hi,

Every minute or so Windows drops the WiFi connection. The ethernet at one point just decided not to work or should I say Windows decided not to work as I've tried the ethernet on a different computer. It's unbearable and it just won't stop. It's not a problem with the router, it's a problem with Windows, and I don't know how to fix it. Can someone please help?

Thanks.

:)

TheoSM, Mar 8, 2020

2. OpenVPN connection causes Wifi/ethernet to drop

The problem appears to be the TAP (interpreted by my computer as an ethernet connection) stealing the connection away from my Wifi or ethernet internet connection. Then my wifi/ethernet keep reconnecting/disconnecting, but never establishing an internet
    connection more than a few seconds.

The real problem is that I have no idea how to override this change in priority to maintain my Wifi connection after connecting to VPN.

Suggestions would be much appreciated!

I have a Lenovo Y580, running Windows 10.

RobertPatrickRoss, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Wired Ethernet connection keeps dropping

Suddenly for NO REASON Windows 10 drops the ethernet to "unidentified network" "No internet".

The network utility comes back and gives a DNS error. I can ping out by IP address, I can ping the router- I CAN'T send a browser to the router's internal address for management- much less the internet.

Wifi on the SAME MACHINE works. EVERY OTHER COMPUTER IN THE HOUSE WORKS!

Why does Windows 10 suddenly REFUSE to use Ethernet and act as if there's a DNS trouble for IT ALONE but not the Wifi to the SAME ROUTER?!

I had absolutely TOTALLY REINSTALLED WINDOWS to fix this literally TWO DAYS AGO! It worked just fine until this evening when it started to do the EXACT SAME thing I had to reinstall (b/c restore point attempts and repair attempts ALL FAILED).

What the heck is wrong with Windows that it just up and KILLS its own ethernet connection like this?!

MatthewBartlett1, Mar 8, 2020
  4. Windows 10 keeps dropping WiFi connection and ethernet just refuses to work

Windows 10 No Longer Connects to Ethernet and WiFi

This week brought Win10 ver 1903 and I can no longer get WiFi to connect if the ethernet cable is plugged in. If I boot with ethernet, manually trying to connect WiFi silently fails. If I boot without ethernet, WiFi is automatically connected yet drops
    if I plug in the ethernet cable. Both the WiFi and the ethernet work fine by themselves, just not at the same time so I don't think it is a driver problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

PrestonClark4, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps dropping WiFi connection and ethernet just refuses to work

1. Windows 10 keeps dropping WiFi connection and ethernet just refuses to work - Similar Threads - keeps dropping WiFi

2. WiFi connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi connection keeps dropping: my computer keeps disconnecting me from my wireless network connection. It connects then drops, and says No Internet, secured. Then it will reconnect for a bit, and drop again. Cannot access any sites. I have tried resetting adapter, and it will reconnect, then drop again. I...
  3. WiFi connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi connection keeps dropping: my computer keeps disconnecting me from my wireless network connection. It connects then drops, and says No Internet, secured. Then it will reconnect for a bit, and drop again. Cannot access any sites. I have tried resetting adapter, and it will reconnect, then drop again. I...
  4. Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping: I have been experiencing some network adapter issues for a week or so now. My system is an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA402RJ, and my network adapter is a Realtek USB GbE Family Connector according to Device Manager. This laptop does not have an Ethernet port so I am using an...
  5. Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping: I have been experiencing some network adapter issues for a week or so now. My system is an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA402RJ, and my network adapter is a Realtek USB GbE Family Connector according to Device Manager. This laptop does not have an Ethernet port so I am using an...
  6. OpenVPN connection causes Wifi/ethernet to drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OpenVPN connection causes Wifi/ethernet to drop: The problem appears to be the TAP interpreted by my computer as an ethernet connection stealing the connection away from my Wifi or ethernet internet connection. Then my wifi/ethernet keep reconnecting/disconnecting, but never establishing an internet connection more than a...
  7. Windows 10 Refuses to Connect to Wifi (worked previously)

Windows 10 Refuses to Connect to Wifi (worked previously): Brand new Windows 10 computer. Running ASUS PCIe AC51 Wireless-AC750 adapater. I was able to connect to my home wifi up until last night without issue. As of waking this morning and going to my computer, it will no longer connect to the wifi network. I have tried rebooting,...
  8. Wired Ethernet connection keeps dropping

Wired Ethernet connection keeps dropping: Suddenly for NO REASON Windows 10 drops the ethernet to "unidentified network" "No internet". The network utility comes back and gives a DNS error. I can ping out by IP address, I can ping the router- I CAN'T send a browser to the router's internal address for management-...
  9. Wifi connection keeps randomly dropping

Wifi connection keeps randomly dropping: Driving me nuts! There seems to be no consistency as to when or why. I leave my computer on and plugged in all the time. I don't think it has dropped while I was actively using the computer, but I can step away for a few minutes and come back and have to reconnect....
  10. Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection

Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection: This has been driving me nuts for months, please help! I am running Windows 10 Pro (64 bit), up to date, I have a Dell and their software is keeping all drivers up to date too. I'm trying to use ethernet rather than WiFi for gigabit speeds across my network, however, the...