Windows 10: Windows 10 Keeps Dumping My Default Audio Device

Discus and support Windows 10 Keeps Dumping My Default Audio Device in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just replaced my music production computer after 9.5 years on Windows 7 and am now on Windows 10. I'm using an M-Audio Air 192/6 interface. It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OddGuyOuttaSight, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Keeps Dumping My Default Audio Device

I just replaced my music production computer after 9.5 years on Windows 7 and am now on Windows 10.

I'm using an M-Audio Air 192/6 interface. It is indicated as the default audio device both via the Settings>Sound>Output menu as well as the Taskbar>Speaker Icon>Sounds path. But every time I so much as change pages in Chrome, nothing but silence. I run the troubleshooter, and it resets until the next time I try to hear something on a different page or via Windows Media Player (which is sometimes unable to open simple WAVs or mp3s, but that's another story.)

Interestingly, audio always seems to play as it should through Cubase, which is important as this is my work. But the constant dumping of my default audio device makes no sense and is crazy frustrating! Can anyone share some wisdom and insight? TIA

submitted by /u/OddGuyOuttaSight
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OddGuyOuttaSight, Aug 9, 2020

2. Set new audio device default for volume mixer in Windows 10

I use two audio devices:

• Default (audio) device "Realtec Digital Output (Optical)"
    • Default communication device "Lautsprecher (Speaker)"

My goal:
    I want to have the default audio volume on my default communication device, instead of the default device - at all times.

What I tried so far:
    Changing the volume mixer to my communication device explicitly works temporary, but as soon as I close the settings window, the default audio volume is reset again to the default audio device.

Step 1: Clicking on volume shows me the default device:

Windows 10 Keeps Dumping My Default Audio Device yhlxC.png

Step 2: Changing the volume mixer to my communication device manually:

Windows 10 Keeps Dumping My Default Audio Device 3mG3F.png

Windows 10 Keeps Dumping My Default Audio Device 1H5Y2.png

Step 3: Clicking again on volume does not keep the change Windows 10 Keeps Dumping My Default Audio Device :(

Windows 10 Keeps Dumping My Default Audio Device aWNeG.png

How can I make it permanent that windows uses my communication device for default volume control?

Simon Ferndriger, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Keeps Dumping My Default Audio Device

Unable to access audio from speakers and headphones by setting the devices as a default on Windows 10

Hi Mitch,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing audio from headphones, speaker on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have installed all the pending updates for drivers on your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted drivers/ settings to access Default device.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to connect the headphones, set the device as a default device and check if it helps

Follow the steps:

• Right click on the sound icon at the bottom right corner of the
      Taskbar.
    • Click on Playback devices.
    • Check if you are able to find the icon headphone in the list of connected playback devices.
    • If yes, click on the icon and then click on Set default
      option.
    • Click on Apply and then on OK.

Step 3: I suggest you to find the audio drivers from Device Manager, update them and check if it helps.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager, right click on the audio drivers and click on
    Update driver software.

For better assistance refer: Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Try the above and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Keeps Dumping My Default Audio Device

1. Windows 10 Keeps Dumping My Default Audio Device - Similar Threads - Keeps Dumping Default

2. Stop changing my default audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop changing my default audio device: I can't even believe that I have to say this, but if I select an audio device as the default audio device on my system - that means I want to use that device as my default audio device.I've disabled all other devices, and every single time I wake my PC or restart I have to...
  3. Stop changing my default audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop changing my default audio device: I can't even believe that I have to say this, but if I select a device as the default device on my system - that means I want to use that device as my default audio device.I've disabled all other devices, and every single time I wake my PC or restart I have to reset my...
  4. Stop changing my default audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop changing my default audio device: I can't even believe that I have to say this, but if I select a device as the default device on my system - that means I want to use that device as my default audio device.I've disabled all other devices, and every single time I wake my PC or restart I have to reset my...
  5. Default Audio devices keeps changing

Default Audio devices keeps changing: I own a Razer Kraken 7.1 v2, and since i own a new pc sometimes the default audio device changes from my headphones to another (I don't know which because i don't have enough time to see which device it is) for around 0.5-2 seconds. It can be annoying when im watching a movie...
  6. Windows 10 Audio driver keeps renaming audio device.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Audio driver keeps renaming audio device.: Good evening, I would like to ask you a simple question. Everytime i update my Realtek audio driver my Audi Device changes its name to "Zvočniky/Slušalke" is there any way i can get rid of this ? If i rename it back to original after another update it will change. I already...
  7. Windows 10 Keeps Dumping My Default Audio Device

Windows 10 Keeps Dumping My Default Audio Device: I just replaced my music production computer after 9.5 years on Windows 7 and am now on Windows 10. I'm using an M-Audio Air 192/6 interface. It is indicated as the default audio device both via the Settings>Sound>Output menu as well as the Taskbar>Speaker Icon>Sounds path....
  8. Keeps forgetting my default audio device?

Keeps forgetting my default audio device?: So, the way I have my sound set up, I have dual monitors, and my secondary monitor is the only one with a sound card. I have a desktop speaker system connected to the monitor, for whenever I dont have my headphones on. Has been working for over a year now with no issues, and...
  9. Default Audio Devices keep changing

Default Audio Devices keep changing: Hello! I have desktop soeakers plugged into the line out jack on my pc. I am also using a usb headset. I set my desktop speakers as my default device but everytime I power down or restart windows makes my headset the default. I have tried disabling the headset as well as...
  10. Change Default Audio Playback Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Audio Playback Device in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Audio Playback Device in Windows 10 How to Change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10 The default audio playback device is the device that Windows uses to output (play) sound. When you connect speakers, headphones, Bluetooth headset, or...