Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps flickering at login screen, can't click or press anything

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps flickering at login screen, can't click or press anything in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time I've tried booting up my PC, the login screen keeps flickering. I guess it's due to my display drivers being outdated, but I can't even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/throwaway5293873, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 keeps flickering at login screen, can't click or press anything

Every time I've tried booting up my PC, the login screen keeps flickering. I guess it's due to my display drivers being outdated, but I can't even click anything on the screen. I've tried turning off my PC, turning it on again and pressing F8 to boot into safe mode. However, nothing happens and I'm just taken to the login screen that's flickering. I've even tried Ctrl + Alt + Delete at the login screen or holding shift when it's booting, but nothing happens either.

The only options that gives me control over my computer is pressing the "Esc" button at the Startup Menu, but I'm not sure what to do from there.

Is there any way I can fix this?

submitted by /u/throwaway5293873
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/throwaway5293873, Nov 6, 2020

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Stuck at the login screen, flickering

Hi Jenny,

Provide us with the below information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of you computer?
    • Do you see any error message/code flashing when the screen turns black?

This issue could be caused due to the outdate drivers on your computer updating the drivers may fix the problem for you.

If would suggest you to try using another mouse and check if you are able to login, if the keyboard is functioning fine you can use Tab key to navigate to different options on login screen to enter your password to sign in to your computer.

Suggest you to refer below article's for more help on query.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Get back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Windows 10 keeps flickering at login screen, can't click or press anything

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps flickering at login screen, can't click or press anything

1. Windows 10 keeps flickering at login screen, can't click or press anything - Similar Threads - keeps flickering login

2. Windows 10 screen flickering on login screen, can't login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 screen flickering on login screen, can't login: I built my pc and have been using it perfectly fine for over a week now but it suddenly started flickering on the login screen and not letting me log on at all. I can't type in my password and I can't even click the power button on screen. I've looked up any ways to fix this...
  3. Windows 10 screen flickering on login screen, can't login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 screen flickering on login screen, can't login: I built my pc and have been using it perfectly fine for over a week now but it suddenly started flickering on the login screen and not letting me log on at all. I can't type in my password and I can't even click the power button on screen. I've looked up any ways to fix this...
  4. Windows 10 screen flickering on login screen, can't login

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't click on anything in Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't click on anything in Windows: I just built a new PC (Asus X570 Prime P, 3900xt, gtx 1060 (soon to be 6800xt), 64gb 3600 ram, 1tb nvme ssd) and I have encountered this problem quite a few times. When I first set up my PC, whenever I would plug in a new peripheral, Windows would seem to freeze. I could...
  6. Windows 10 Login Screen flickering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Login Screen flickering: Last two days facing the issue of login screen flickering with black color. I can't understand what's the exact problem, trying my own way but can't fixed. I have check that my windows and it's driver is up to date. Please help, how to fix that?[ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 can't click anything

Windows 10 can't click anything: When I start up my computer and get to the desktop screen im not able to click on anything. its not my mouse problem, but whenever i try click on icons on the taskbar it will freeze and i wont be able to click on the icons on the taskbar or my desktop icons but can still...
  8. Screen flickering, can't do anything

Screen flickering, can't do anything: A couple of days ago my laptop screen suddenly started flickering - it's not only a visual issue since it's impossible to do anything on the computer either. When I start Task Manager, it is flickering as well. A quick google search tells me that this most likely means that...
  9. Can't click on anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't click on anything: Randomly, I am not able to click on anything. I can move mouse just fine, but can't click on any task buttons. They don't even highlight when I hover over them. I am able to click on apps on the desktop though (the shortcuts). If I restart 4 times, smetimes the problem goes...
  10. Flickering Of Windows 10 Login screen after pressing enter

in Windows 10 Support
    Flickering Of Windows 10 Login screen after pressing enter: I regret to say that this issue started occuring shortly after downloading some torrents. I was looking to cut some costs and decided to cancel my DJ pool subscriptions and download some music. Unfortunately, not only did I get some terrible quality audio, this flickering...