Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps freezing after upgrade.

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps freezing after upgrade. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It's been a while since I've upgraded to Windows 10 but the problem still exists. To leave this short, when I'm doing something like watching a movie,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Innocent, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Innocent Win User

Windows 10 keeps freezing after upgrade.

It's been a while since I've upgraded to Windows 10 but the problem still exists. To leave this short, when I'm doing something like watching a movie, installing files, browsing the web, playing a game, etc. My computer just becomes completely unresponsive. I can't move my mouse, I can't use ctrl+alt+delete to get to Task Manager, when I check to see if my keyboard is still working, I try to turn caps lock off and on and that doesn't work. So whatever this issue is, it's just completely crashing my computer. This freezing causes me to hard restart my computer every single time.

I don't want to get back to Windows 7 so I've been dealing with it by keeping my PC close to me that way I can restart it when needed, but it's annoying when you're trying to do something and all of a sudden your computer just freezes.

I've Googled this and whatnot and tried checking for solutions but nothing I've tried has fixed this.

:)

Innocent, Aug 9, 2015

2. Mouse in Windows 10

Help! My mouse keeps freezing / lagging after upgrading to Windows 10. What to do?

It is every time you type then go back to using the mouse.

LaurenSullivan91, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Netflix

After I upgrade to windows 10, I noticed the player for windows 10 is different. The player freezes but the audio keeps playing so, I have to keep pausing it to get the video to play again or wait which takes longer. Annoying!

Thanks

Heathershera, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Slash Win User

If you by a chance have the Saitek X52/X52 Pro joystick this may be your problem. Anyway I believe this is due to a incompatible driver you have installed. Windows 10 have some new function for incompatible drivers that makes the computer work as you describe by just overloading the driver I believe.

Slash, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Innocent Win User
    Nope, I don't have a pro joystick. Yeah, I figured it as an incompatible driver. I'm assuming it's the display driver but I've tried downgrading to an early version and it won't let me install it. I can't even run it in compatibility mode for Windows 7.

Not sure what to do at this point.

Innocent, Aug 9, 2015
  6. You might consider to reinstall windows to be honest. This is what i did and i really improved my computer speed

sondawg18401, Aug 9, 2015
  7. Innocent Win User
    I've already reset my PC twice since the upgrade, didn't help anything. Restoring it isn't going to do much if it's a driver issue.

Innocent, Aug 9, 2015
  8. Windows 10 keeps freezing after upgrade.

i guess that Microsoft still have to iron out some of the bugs and i think that they will do it very soon. I have suffer from the same problems but it is not frequent. This is pretty much the same as to what happened when Windows 7 come out. I guess that we have to wait until the next major update come out which i estimated will be in the next 2-4 months. Until then we have to report the problem to MS. I am sure that this will get better soon, we just have to wait

sondawg18401, Aug 9, 2015
  9. letmein Win User
    Unplug all other hard drives containing a former Windows installation.

letmein, Aug 9, 2015
  10. Innocent Win User
    My second HDD has never had a Windows OS installed on it, it's just for storage.

Innocent, Aug 9, 2015
  11. Innocent Win User
    This thread just got buried, I'm still looking for some help.

Innocent, Aug 10, 2015
  12. letmein Win User
  13. CAMSI Win User

Going from 7 to 10 you will have a problem with the Runtime Broker utilty. Search Runtime Broker fix. You can easily disable it using a registry change. Works like magic.

CAMSI, Aug 10, 2015
  14. Innocent Win User
    I tried this but it didn't help me at all. Computer froze and I had to hard restart it.

You linked me to a thread that has no helpful solution whatsoever.

It doesn't even mention freezing in the thread.

Innocent, Aug 11, 2015
  15. CAMSI Win User
    Someone mentioned that they solved this problem by going to Settings, System Display, Notifications & actions. Turn OFF "Show me tips about windows".

If that doesn't work, you can edit the Registry to disable "Runtime Broker", but this will also prevent Microsoft Store Apps from running.

Runtime Broker is a service called Time Broker, which can be disabled through editing the registry.

Right-click on the Start Menu Icon. Go to RUN and type regedit.exe and select OK.

Find the following entry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TimeBroker] "Start"=dword:00000003

Change the 3 to a 4.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TimeBroker] "Start"=dword:00000004

4 is Disabled, 3 is Manual and 2 is Automatic startup.

Before editing, the original value was 3. Set to 4 to disable. Just change the 3 to a 4 through the MODIFY menu selection, exit regedit and reboot your system.

CAMSI, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 keeps freezing after upgrade. - Similar Threads - keeps freezing upgrade

2. Laptop Keeps Crashing, Freezing, and Bluescreen After Upgrading To Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keeps Crashing, Freezing, and Bluescreen After Upgrading To Windows 11.: Hi, I have a dell latitude 5480 with a I7 processor. I upgraded my laptop from win 10 to win 11. However, since my laptop didn't meet the requirement, I changed some of the registry and it worked. But now, I decided to use win 10 again. Since then, there are so many things...
  3. Laptop Keeps Crashing, Freezing, and Bluescreen After Upgrading To Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Keeps Crashing, Freezing, and Bluescreen After Upgrading To Windows 11.: Hi, I have a dell latitude 5480 with a I7 processor. I upgraded my laptop from win 10 to win 11. However, since my laptop didn't meet the requirement, I changed some of the registry and it worked. But now, I decided to use win 10 again. Since then, there are so many things...
  4. Window 10 keeps on freezing after sleepmode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Window 10 keeps on freezing after sleepmode: Window 10 keeps on freezing after sleep mode, I have tried the restart, reinstall new windows and DISM.exe process, check disk, and scan now but the issue keeps on persisting. Last option i have is to turn off the Sleep mode but still checking if their is another option....
  5. Windows 10 freezing after SSD Upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing after SSD Upgrade: My laptop after upgrade SSD show that problem random freezing --logs active https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvbL0EEkC_WWgSDYgA5S-ohF3S2v hp envy x360 windows 10 8 G ram 1 T HDD secondary 256 G SSD Adata XPG 6000pro primary...
  6. Windows 10 keeps freezing after Reset.

Windows 10 keeps freezing after Reset.: Microsoft needs to repair it's latest download for it causes my laptop to continuously freeze. This is very frustrating when I am trying to do my work from home due to the Virus. If Microsoft still wants to be the prominent search engine on the market it needs to correct...
  7. Windows 10 freezes after ssd upgrade.

Windows 10 freezes after ssd upgrade.: I owned a lenovo legion y520-15ikbn: I5-7300hq Gtx1050-2gb 12gb of ram 1tb seagate hdd 256gb adata xpg sx6000lite(new). So after i install the nvme ssd, i downloaded and install w10 on it. But im facing constant freeze when im playing games, open mozilla firefox and...
  8. Windows 10 freezes after upgraded to ssd

Windows 10 freezes after upgraded to ssd: I am using lenoLe yoga 520 , recently i upgraded to nvme ssd with adata xpg sx6000lite, After i reinstalled clean windows , but then i find my laptop randomly freezes , some time need to hard shutdown , all driver are up to date ,but don't know why it happening...
  9. Screen freezes after Windows 10 upgrading to 1809

Screen freezes after Windows 10 upgrading to 1809: The screen freezes and clicking the cursor anywhere on the screen is invalid.Sometimes right-clicking the cursor in the taskbar is valid, but I can't click on any item in the list.If this happens while I'm using the browser(all browser), the page content won't be affected....
  10. Restarts and Freezes after Windows 10 upgrade

Restarts and Freezes after Windows 10 upgrade: Hi, I have an Acer Laptop and just cloned my Windows 7 installation to a new SSD and upgraded to Windows 10 (Please see system info below). I then updated all drivers that could be updated. Everything went smoothly and seemed to be running fine. But today, every time I...