Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps freezing and I have to press control alt delete to get it back to normal

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps freezing and I have to press control alt delete to get it back to normal in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Every once in a while Windows 10 keeps freezing and I have to press control alt delete to get it back to normal. These are my specs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Randolph Brisbon, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Windows 10 keeps freezing and I have to press control alt delete to get it back to normal

Hi,

Every once in a while Windows 10 keeps freezing and I have to press control alt delete to get it back to normal.

These are my specs

https://imgur.com/a/tcZzPXG

Thanks.

:)

Randolph Brisbon, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Eric Ber Win User

ctrl alt del to logon

Hi Diane,

Conflicts with the user account settings is one of the possible reasons why the secure sign-in option is enabled on your computer even if the box in the settings is not checked. I would suggest that you enable and disable the
    Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type control userpasswords2 or netplwiz and press the Enter key.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Secure sign-in, check the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox.
    • Click Apply.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Open the same settings again and uncheck the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox and follow the
      steps 5 and 6.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Why Windows 10 don't goes to login screen after CTRL+ALT+DELETE?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

CTRL+ALT+DELETE will open you log-in screen in Windows 10 too. I suggest you to try pressing
    Ctrl+SHIFT+Esc key and check if it opens the Task manager. If issue persist, I suggest you to try below given steps and check if it works.

This issue may occur due to some system file corruption.
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Windows 10 keeps freezing and I have to press control alt delete to get it back to normal

control alt delete after a windows 10 upgrade

Why do I have to press control, alt, delete to get to my sign in page after a windows 10 upgrade

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate]

KennethBumiller, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps freezing and I have to press control alt delete to get it back to normal

1. Windows 10 keeps freezing and I have to press control alt delete to get it back to normal - Similar Threads - keeps freezing press

2. Control Alt. Delete, safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Alt. Delete, safe?: Now that I'm almost certain that my computer is at risk for being hacked because of that blue screen pop up message, is it ok to prompt control, alt, delete, then sign out, shut down, or I'm I compromising a possible crash on my PC Windows 10 computer?...
  3. Control Alt. Delete, safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control Alt. Delete, safe?: Now that I'm almost certain that my computer is at risk for being hacked because of that blue screen pop up message, is it ok to prompt control, alt, delete, then sign out, shut down, or I'm I compromising a possible crash on my PC Windows 10 computer?...
  4. Control Alt. Delete, safe?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Control alt delete without The DELETE Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control alt delete without The DELETE Key: I have a MacBook that has boot camp windows 11 And it doesn’t have the delete key how can I do control alt delete without the delete key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-alt-delete-without-the-delete-key/0c5e51f4-cfa6-4f57-b5e2-cb447b61dc73
  6. I keep having to press Alt + Fn to use function keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep having to press Alt + Fn to use function keys: I know this might sound very simple but i wasnt able to find any solutionafter formating my laptop i had to press alt + fn instead of just fn to use f keys and it's really annoying so if someone knows the solution please let me know.laptop specs in the picture...
  7. I keep having to press Alt + Fn to use function keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep having to press Alt + Fn to use function keys: I know this might sound very simple but i wasnt able to find any solutionafter formating my laptop i had to press alt + fn instead of just fn to use f keys and it's really annoying so if someone knows the solution please let me know.laptop specs in the picture...
  8. When i press the right alt key on my keyboard the left control gets registered pressed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When i press the right alt key on my keyboard the left control gets registered pressed?: So some days ago i pressed some kind of keybind that made my keyboard typ "zxcv" when i pressed L and i couldn't figure out what was wrong so i flipped my keyboard around so it pressed all the buttons on my keyboard a few times and then the alt key got messed up so it presses...
  9. How do I get windows 10 back to normal?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I get windows 10 back to normal?: So one day my son comes back from school and tries to login/ add his account form school, and somehow changes the normale windows 10 into windows 10 education. So now I have the active windows on the bottom right of the screen. I also can't seem to find product key. If any...
  10. control alt delete not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    control alt delete not working: control alt delete is not working when computer is frozen have to restart instead otherwise pc is okay I guess? am using classic shell computer is 3 years old by now I think Also anything about updating drivers/software /increasing performance would be helpful as well...