Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps freezing on start-up then crashing

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps freezing on start-up then crashing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My windows 10 keeps freezing when I go to log into my account or just when it turns on, the screen freezes then the computer crashes. Sometimes I'll be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mustardmanpinsyoudow, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 keeps freezing on start-up then crashing

My windows 10 keeps freezing when I go to log into my account or just when it turns on, the screen freezes then the computer crashes. Sometimes I'll be able to log in but it'll do the same thing after a few minutes

submitted by /u/mustardmanpinsyoudow
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mustardmanpinsyoudow, Sep 12, 2020

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Sep 12, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 keeps freezing on start-up then crashing

Windows 10 keeps crashing

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why the computer will keeps on crashing. One of which is missing or corrupted system files. For us to further isolate the issue, we suggest answering the following questions:

• What exactly are you accessing/doing when the computer crashes?
    • Were you still able to login to the computer after it happens?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error messages or mini dump that you've received?

In the meantime, if you're seeing a blue screen when the computer crashes, we suggest following the steps on this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors. Kindly choose the appropriate answer to the category
    "When did you get the error?".

We'll wait for your response on this matter.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps freezing on start-up then crashing

1. Windows 10 keeps freezing on start-up then crashing - Similar Threads - keeps freezing start

2. Windows 10 keeps freezing and crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps freezing and crashing: Hello,My laptop is relatively new but for a couple of days now it started freezing randomly for a couple of seconds without a pattern. Now it's also blue screening.I ran a hardware troubleshooter but it only asked me to turn on auto driver installing.In the Reliability...
  3. Windows 10 keeps freezing and crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 keeps freezing and crashing: Hello,My laptop is relatively new but for a couple of days now it started freezing randomly for a couple of seconds without a pattern. Now it's also blue screening.I ran a hardware troubleshooter but it only asked me to turn on auto driver installing.In the Reliability...
  4. Windows 10 keeps freezing and crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11 PC crashing and freezing on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC crashing and freezing on start up: Hi! i'm currently using my sisters laptop to write this because my laptop has gotten so bad I'm not even going to try to use it anymore until I find out a proper fix.For starters I have a Nitro 5 Acer laptop. I've had this laptop for a year and nothing bad to this degree has...
  6. Windows 11 PC crashing and freezing on start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 PC crashing and freezing on start up: Hi! i'm currently using my sisters laptop to write this because my laptop has gotten so bad I'm not even going to try to use it anymore until I find out a proper fix.For starters I have a Nitro 5 Acer laptop. I've had this laptop for a year and nothing bad to this degree has...
  7. Windows keeps crashing and freezing

Windows keeps crashing and freezing: Since late May my PC keeps freezing, and either crashing or needs reboot. I've made no hardware changes, and no software changes other than windows updates. Running Windows 10 with hardware that's about 18 months old and has worked fine for the first 16 months. What typically...
  8. New Windows 10 install keeps crashing on start up

New Windows 10 install keeps crashing on start up: Hi all, I was gifted a 2015 built high end PC that only needed an SSD to run. I installed the SSD, installed Windows 10 via USB, downloaded chrome, Steam, Norton Security, and LoL. Starting playing games to see how it ran. After exiting any game, everything stops working,...
  9. Windows 10 keeps freezing on start-up then crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps freezing on start-up then crashing: My windows 10 keeps freezing when I go to log into my account or just when it turns on, the screen freezes then the computer crashes. Sometimes I'll be able to log in but it'll do the same thing after a few minutes submitted by /u/mustardmanpinsyoudow [link] [comments]...
  10. Computer keep crashing and freezing up

Computer keep crashing and freezing up: Hi Computer keep freezing up randomly and doing blue screens, no idea what is causing it. Window is up to date, drivers up to date, nothing on event logs that raise any flags. I upload the mini dump files to dropbox in a public site so you can help me out, I try to read...