Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps freezing up after ~1 hour of use

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps freezing up after ~1 hour of use in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had my computer I assembled for over 5 years. I worked fine until recentlyIt started to freeze up after 1 hour of use, this is what happensThe window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LongNS, Jul 15, 2021.

1. LongNS Win User

Windows 10 keeps freezing up after ~1 hour of use

I had my computer I assembled for over 5 years. I worked fine until recentlyIt started to freeze up after 1 hour of use, this is what happensThe window interface will stop responding, the programs will still work if I don't click it out of it. It will also freeze up if you do. The window button will immediately stop working when this happens. Ctrl-alt-delete doesn't work. No error message pops up. Eventually, everything is just frozen up. The only way to fix it was to force restart it. It always happens after around one hour of use, regardless if it's idol or actively used. CPU isn't overheati

:)

LongNS, Jul 15, 2021
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 15, 2021
  3. mikesil23 Win User
    Windows 10 keeps freezing my computer randomly

I have done these boilerplate "solutions" so many times the computer almost does them by itself.

It does appear that Microsoft is making some small effort on the problem (without even admitting that it exists). Over the past 18 months I have noticed:

• the interval between freezes has improved from about every 2 operating hours to about 12 hours, on average
    • the hard reset after a freeze no longer throws Win10 into one of its weird states from which it used have great difficulty recovering. Now when a freeze happens I can do power off, wait, power on and get a normal startup.
    So keep up the good work, guys. Our great-great-great-grandchildren will thank you for it.

mikesil23, Jul 15, 2021
  4. Windows 10 keeps freezing up after ~1 hour of use

Chrome keeps freezing on Windows 10

Hi Pat,

There may be a few reasons why your Google Chrome keeps on freezing. One reason is the browser that you're using. For us to further isolate your concern, we need you to answer the following:

• Is this happening on other browsers as well (e.g. Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox)?
    • Does the issue persist only on a specific website or it occurs on all websites?

Let us know if you're still getting the same error after performing our suggested troubleshooting step so we can assist further.

Aldwin Ale, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps freezing up after ~1 hour of use

1. Windows 10 keeps freezing up after ~1 hour of use - Similar Threads - keeps freezing hour

2. pc monitor Sounds stops working after 1 hour of use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc monitor Sounds stops working after 1 hour of use: So my monitor has a built in speaker called MSI high definition audio, everything was going well for 2 months then suddenly when i was minding my business the sounds stop working. I checked and the sound setting seemed to be fine. All my drivers are up to date so what could...
  3. pc monitor Sounds stops working after 1 hour of use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc monitor Sounds stops working after 1 hour of use: So my monitor has a built in speaker called MSI high definition audio, everything was going well for 2 months then suddenly when i was minding my business the sounds stop working. I checked and the sound setting seemed to be fine. All my drivers are up to date so what could...
  4. Windows Freezing After Some Hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Freezing After Some Hours: I'm using Windows 11. But it used to happen on Windows 10, too.After using for some hours sometimes 1-2 hours, sometimes many more, mostly while using Edge or leaving Spotify opened, or even sometimes when I leave the PC idling for long hours, the system crashes and then...
  5. Windows Freezing After Some Hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Freezing After Some Hours: I'm using Windows 11. But it used to happen on Windows 10, too.After using for some hours sometimes 1-2 hours, sometimes many more, mostly while using Edge or leaving Spotify opened, or even sometimes when I leave the PC idling for long hours, the system crashes and then...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Sleep keeps resetting to 1 hour

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Pro Sleep keeps resetting to 1 hour: Sleep setting in Windows 10 Pro fully up to date keeps resetting to 1 hour. I go in, change it to 10 mins for example, it does it once and thenit resets to 1 hour every time. I can walk away from my PC with any confidence. 1 hour is too long to have 4 screens on. I note...
  7. My laptop keeps showing DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE blue screen after using 1 hour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keeps showing DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE blue screen after using 1 hour: Since 2 weeks ago my laptop seems to become slower and keeps showing DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE blue screen after 1 hour using, especially when I open some massive programs like Chrome. And after rebooting, my laptop's cooling fan speeds up within 5 minutes. Recently it has...
  8. Main PC keeps hard-freezing up and crashing apps after being AFK for an hour>

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Main PC keeps hard-freezing up and crashing apps after being AFK for an hour>: My main PC keeps hard-freezing and crashing apps after being AFK for an hour. This keeps happening for a week now on and it's just so annoying that I was forced to power off the computer everytime instead of clicking on the "shut down" button, causing further more damage to...
  9. Windows 10 keep crashing every 1-3 hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keep crashing every 1-3 hours: Starting on September 13, 2019 suddenly, Windows 10 keep crashing every 1-3 hours either with Stop code: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED or Stop code: UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION. I also noticed the Disk usage is at 100% on Task manager most of the time. Things I did that did not...
  10. Black screen after 1-8 hours after use or no use

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after 1-8 hours after use or no use: Hello all, the title states it all. Out of the blue I started getting a black screen, while playing video games, or comp just sitting idle. If I'm playing a game, audio is fine after both my monitors go black for about 30 seconds, then rig reboots. Rig runs great other wise....